Design Changes (Emoji, Logo & More)

Hi everyone. 

Just to let you know of a few little design changes that have taken place today. Firstly, a slightly updated logo, along with the ability to click on people's cover photos to see them in full size (give it a try on my profile as it's an image worth seeing 😜) .

Additionally, smilies have been replaced with emoji. We had hundreds of smilies that were just never used outside of the main faces, whereas most people will be much more familiar with emojis (and you can input them in posts straight from the emoji keyboard on devices that have that). Typing in the faces such as ":)" will also give you a smiley face too. I've kept the pee smilies though, so they'll still work as normal and can be selected from the same button as before.

Finally, when clicking to make a search, you'll now get more options and a lot more clarity on exactly what and where you're searching. Hopefully results will be improved too, making finding what you're looking for easier than ever.

Please note the forum software has also been upgraded to apply some security updates - as a result, there may be a few bugs over the next few days, but these will get fixed shortly. Thanks for your co-operation. 🙂

• Like 4

My only complaint is I can't see the emoji on desktop. I just see a square. I do see ones added by the sites emoticon menu but if someone adds an emoji using their phone, it doesn't work.

16 minutes ago, Sophie said:

My only complaint is I can't see the emoji on desktop. I just see a square. I do see ones added by the sites emoticon menu but if someone adds an emoji using their phone, it doesn't work.

Do you have an example post where the emoji has been added from a phone? 

At first I thought it was the emoji used in the first post because it wasn't appearing for me at first. I'm guessing it was just my computer because i can see it now. Disregard :) 

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

At first I thought it was the emoji used in the first post because it wasn't appearing for me at first. I'm guessing it was just my computer because i can see it now. Disregard 🙂

Ah ok, no worries. Some of the old smilies where the code has been used (and isnt a standard emoji code) may not show anymore unfortunately, but moving forward it should all work fine and be a better system. 🙂 Please do let me know if you notice any bugs like that though.

• 2 weeks later...