Yellow Ribbons and other 'tells'

Was over on the other site just now and a poster suggested we as a community have a symbol or sign that would indicate to others we are into watersports and pee.  I think in the past a yellow 'kerchief or scarf sticking out of the hip pocket had been suggested.  That one seems a bit weird and frankly not very "fashion aware".  After all who goes around with a scarf hanging out the back pocket except someone working out in the hot hot sun and needing of a sweat rag? 

Then, it was brought up that some into the wetter side had begun wearing the yellow "Livestrong" bracelets.  The bracelet part seems cool enough but the "cancer research" theme makes this not such a good idea.  I think the bracelet theme is a good one (everyone seems to be wearing the things lately).  Here's the thing, you can get blank yellow ones and you can get customized ones that say anything you want on them.  My suggestions went something like:    "Pee" is probably a little too obvious. Hmm, "Fetishist, Play, Playfulness, Joy, Yellow" (I like that last one).

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions about this?

Edited by ndr1968pz
  • Like 1

Erm, I do not think this would be a good idea in the long run.

First of all, secret symbols will not remain secret for ever; since basically everyone can join this (and other like minded) forums, our secret wouldn't be a secret at all. And I would not want anyone else in real life other then a potential partner to know about my secrets. ;)

Second of all, I am not quite sure if this would really help in finding like-minded people in real life - we are a rare species, amongst all the fetishes there are. And of cause "like-minded" is probably not very accurate either, since everyone here ticks a bit different. I for instance am more interested in the naughty aspect off it, while I prefer my showers to be the ones installed at a wall in my bath. As for drinking: unless it's a cup of tea it's not my cup of tea. ;)

So if I would meet someone in real life who happened to wear "the symbol", I really doubt we would have enough in common to engage in a very interesting conversation. Apart from that - as I said before - this is a topic I'd rather not discuss with someone else but a potential partner.

I am quite happy with this and "the other" site when it comes to general exchange about the topic, and when it comes to finding a suitable partner (if you are looking for one) we would need something we do not have at this moment. Namely a proper dating site which - unlike facebook - is not interested in collecting and selling our personal data and does not want us to pay money just so we can answer messages (that were send by a bot anyway, to keep you interested). You know... a PROPER dating site... meant to help people find each other, and not to make money out of some desperate poor sobs while secretly laughing behind their backs because the algorithm's are rigged, anyway. ;)

Sorry, ndr1968pz, if my reply does not fall under "other ideas or suggestions", but it's what was in my mind.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The other problem with a secret symbol is that people who don't know what it is are likely to ask what it signifies.   A ribbon or bracelet like are mentioned above are common symbols for various charities or awareness events, so it would be natural to ask about it if someone didn't know.   Far more realistic would be some kind of pin that anyone who didn't know would just think it was a decorative badge or broach but people in the know would recognise it.   I wouldn't wear it all the time, but there could be times that it would make sense to wear it.   It could be something like a Peacock - a very innocent symbol which is decorative, but the name peacock does have a link - or it could be something totally unconnected as long as it is not something that is already in common use.  It would need to be a new design and only for sale via sites such as these otherwise it could be embarrassing if you struck up a conversation with someone who happened to be wearing a badge just because they liked it.

• Like 2

Thanks all for your replies.  This was just something I thought interesting.  I'm like you guys.  I probably would never really wear one of those bracelets.  It would be interesting though, if something caught on to see if there are many in my area brave enough to go for it and wear the colors so to speak.