Favourite Quote, Poem or Saying

lovestoseepee

On 4/18/2018 at 9:38 AM, spywareonya said:

It's unbearable, in the instant you get the meaning it's just too much, too touching and terrifying

its ceretainly all that but I dont believe the human race will ever be run, we are adaptable and caring and resilient 

• 1 month later...

If we can find enough money to kill people we can find enough money to help people.

Tony Benn

There is no final victory, as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle. To be fought, over and over again. So toughen up, bloody toughen up.

Tony Benn

The way a government treats refugees is very instructive because it shows you how they would treat the rest of us if they thought they could get away with it.

Tony Benn

• Love 1
On 2/6/2020 at 11:02 PM, speedy3471 said:

20200204_101002.jpg

Yes, but dangerous men - and women - can become much more dangerous with access to dangerous weapons. As armed nutjobs in America keep demonstrating

….A place to stay.

Enough to eat.

Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street.

Where you can speak out loud,

about your doubts and fears,

and what's more....'

no one ever disappears,

you'll never hear their standard issue kicking in the door.

You can relax, 

on both sides of the tracks,

and maniacs, 

don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control.

And everyone has recourse to the law.

And no one kills the children anymore.

From The Gunner's Dream by Pink Floyd

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...

"People are always quick to blame the monster, but never the creator(s). -Me.

"You can let your past control you and fear it, or you can stand up, let it know that you're in control and learn from it to prevent making the same mistakes." -Me.

"Granted, we're all going to die one day, but don't do something stupid that will cut your life short." -Me.

"In the time they were widespread, we feared the monsters. Now they fear humanity because most people have surpassed them." -Me.

"No person is God, but people can change some things." -Me.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two favorite quotes

1. There is nothing more uncommon than common sense.   

- Frank Lloyd Wright

2.  Unless.

-  Dr. Seuss

• 3 weeks later...

Another favourite - written by Carl Sagan about a distant photograph of the Earth, taken by the Voyager spacecraft as it was leaving the solar system:

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives,"

"The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilisation, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every 'superstar,' every 'supreme leader,' every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

Carl Sagan, "Pale Blue Dot", 1994

• 8 months later...