2017 Feedback

Hi all, as we rapidly approach 2018 I thought now would be a good time to ask for any site feedback on the previous year - both positive and negative.

What have you liked/disliked? What's missing or you want more of? What can we do better next year? Any input at all would be appreciated. :)

Have a great Christmas and New Year!

No problems at all with the site. 

Just want to thank Admin for saving the site from a near death, and the people that helped at the time, without this kind of assistance, we wouldn't be here today. Thank you for the fantastic work you have done to make this site what it now is.

Have a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Scot_Lover, Maigh and Mary.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

No problems at all with the site.

All it really lacks is a dedicated video gallery but we somehow need a guaranteed income for that. Voluntary donations, even with myself contributing regularly, probably don't suffice.

I do ultimately worry about running costs outstripping donations, and the site closing eventually because of this, or on the other hand having a video gallery which is pay-per-view or subscription or something like that to finance the site, but then find ourselves mortally wounded by payment processor restrictions. 

I don't really know what the easy answer is. I wonder if you are working on it Admin?

As for myself, I have contributed less in recent months, mostly because of time constraints related to an ever more busy private life. I have contributed less to the threads than usual, and haven't written any fiction for a while either. Much of the later stuff I have been writing was getting me much less positive feedback than I used to get, or which some others still get, so suspect that my writing style is stuck in a rut and lacks originality. Same old thing all the time. So taking a break from fiction-writing for a bit.  Because of limited time I have mostly been focussing on pics lately. Pic threads have always been where this forum is definitely the number 1. I do though hope to have more time in the New Year to contribute in other ways much more too.

Certainly, unlike some forums, we still have fairly active mods who also regularly contribute in their own right, and we seem to have a friendly vibe here. None of the harshness or disrespect some of us have occasionally experienced on other forums.

In most respects this forum is awesome. It's primary problem is a lack of a firm income stream, leaving me constantly wondering what the long term future is. If any members have any ideas concerning this, by all means let Admin know in a private message. 

• Like 2

As for me it's the best version of forum since I've joined in. And as @Scot_Lover said "want to thank Admin for saving the site from a near death". 

Only wish is to restore a video gallery if it's possible. I'm ready to upload all my video collection to share with our forum

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Ozabot said:

As for me it's the best version of forum since I've joined in. And as @Scot_Lover said "want to thank Admin for saving the site from a near death". 

Only wish is to restore a video gallery if it's possible. I'm ready to upload all my video collection to share with our forum

Absolutely agree. Please, a new video gallery!!! I am shootig videos just for you!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 1 month later...

Thank you all - really appreciate your comments. :)

As always, I'm very open to any feedback or ideas. I'm not here as much as I'd like - 'real life' often gets in the way as I'm sure many of you can relate. I do check in regularly though and it seems everything is ticking along nicely? Some new members and lots of great content from the old gang. 

That said, if there are any issues / technical problems that have arisen in the last month or two since I was last here more regularly, please do let me know. As far as I know we don't seem to get the errors/downtime (much) any more?