Cindy Yella

I figured it was something like that from context. I wasn't sure how they differed from ordinary fairy tales. 

This line from the wikipedia article sums it up.

"Pantomime has seldom been performed in the United States, although a few productions have been mounted in recent years. As a consequence, Americans commonly understand the word "pantomime" to refer to the art of mime as it was practiced, for example, by Marcel Marceau and Nola Rae.

When it said pantomime, I thought silent mimes. 

3 hours ago, Alfresco said:

There are some typos in the above post, for which I apologise, but my ipad is not working correctly with editing and the cursor doesnt show in the right place when I try to edit it.  Sorry!

No apologies necessary. That was the hottest chapter yet. Maybe Gertrude gets all the girls started on a bedwetting habit. Excited for more to come.

Oh that's an excellent spin!

The only criticism I have is that the "pure of heart" description by the godmother doesn't seem to match the vengeful behavior of Cindy; I think that since we are talking about fairies it would have been better to spin Cindy's behaviors as pranks, rather than revenge.

On 31/12/2017 at 10:52 AM, daemoniak said:

The only criticism I have is that the "pure of heart" description by the godmother doesn't seem to match the vengeful behavior of Cindy

You are probably right - maybe I should just have dropped the pure of heart reference.   I kind of wanted it to seem like she was an innocent girl who had peed outside previously due to convenience and taking it as a natural action, but whose step sisters led her astray by their actions prompting her to try them, getting a thrill from it and getting her own back for their mistreatment.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Lately I just haven't had the time nor imagination for writing.  Don't know why really.   However, I do know that I have at least this and the Rugby Girls series which I left part way through.   I really ought to see the story through to completion with the carriage disappearing at midnight and then the prince finding her with the shoe etc.   I'm sure there is still plenty more to develop.  Maybe now you've brought it back to attention I'll see what some of the new members think of it and see how much appetite there is for further development.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • 1 year later...