Warning Firefox Quantum Bowser

wetmanjf

A year or so ago I found a very cool app that worked with Firefox called Ant Video Downloader which allowed you to Download almost any embedded video off sites like Europrofile, X-Tube even Youtube. With this I have built up a Huge collection of videos to add to my already large collection. Then suddenly Firefox updated to their new Super Browser Firefox Quantum and my Ant Video down loader vanished. Upon checking the Ant website it states that their App will not work with Firefox's new Browser. So Beware if you use the Ant Program DO NOT update to the Quantum Browser. Sadly their is no way to change back to the older version of Firefox Browser.

Wetman

Yes, a lot of useful extensions are uncompatible now with Firefox Quantum. Let's wait a little and see.

For video there is compatible extension " Video downloadHelper". I'm using it for many years and think it's the best for me

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Every version of Firefox, from 0.10 to 58.0b4 is there. Click the version number, then the OS and language, and d/l the setup file to restore your old version. Good luck!

BTW, what version is Quantum? I've used Video DownloadHelper for years, and it works well.

=======

20 mins later: I saw that FF had version 58, and installed it. I see that it's now called Quantum, and is a dog's breakfast, compared to earlier versions. I downloaded my old version (57.0.2) as above, and installed it. Everything seems to be back in order.

A couple of FF notes: if you haven't tried Tab Mix Plus, I highly recommend it. It provides some good tools and features for tabs, especially being able to hover over a tab to select it (no clicking), and allowing you to set the delay time, along with setting the read/unread text color, and color of the progress indicator for each tab. Nice.

Also, Video DownloadHelper is a handy tool for grabbing streaming vids.

Finally, No Script is a handy tool for turning off a page's scripts, so you can avoid sending info to sites.

Another update: when checking my extensions list, I saw this link to a FF page about the new browser and what's going on with some of the extensions. Both Tab Mix Plus and No Script are marked as "Legacy", so I won't be moving to a newer version until they're either compliant, or other extensions that perform the same show up :(

Edited by watchr12
5 hours ago, watchr12 said:

BTW, what version is Quantum?

Quantum is 57.0 and higher, but 57.0 is the only one final release for nowadays, so it's a mistake with your old version. Maybe it's 56.0.2?

5 hours ago, watchr12 said:

Also, Video DownloadHelper is a handy tool for grabbing streaming vids.

100% agree