Tutorial Activity Streams

I am pleased to say PeeFans is at a level where there's so much content posted you could easily miss some greats posts just by browsing the forum the standard way. This is where a very handy feature called 'Activity Streams' comes in.

Firstly, the site activity stream - of everything happening on the site - can be accessed easily from the main navigation bar by pressing 'activity'.

However, hold your mouse over 'activity' and you'll also be able to view unread content, the content specifically you started, and a page called 'my activity streams'. From here, you can create customised feeds of specific content - for example a stream of content from all of the users whose posts you love most. The possibilities are endless, and I encourage you to have a play around with these features for an easier way of managing what you view on this site, so you never miss your favourite content again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/4/2017 at 1:08 AM, Admin said:

I am pleased to say PeeFans is at a level where there's so much content posted you could easily miss some greats posts just by browsing the forum the standard way. This is where a very handy feature called 'Activity Streams' comes in.

Firstly, the site activity stream - of everything happening on the site - can be accessed easily from the main navigation bar by pressing 'activity'.

However, hold your mouse over 'activity' and you'll also be able to view unread content, the content specifically you started, and a page called 'my activity streams'. From here, you can create customised feeds of specific content - for example a stream of content from all of the users whose posts you love most. The possibilities are endless, and I encourage you to have a play around with these features for an easier way of managing what you view on this site, so you never miss your favourite content again.

If it's OK, I am going to bump this because it's so incredibly useful. One thing I have only just realised us that it is possible to find, for instance, all the posts of a specific kind made by a specific person by looking at, and filtering, their activity stream from within their profile. I will experiment with the activity streams more now I realise how powerful they are. (Mods please move or delete my post if it's inappropriate here.)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kupar said:

If it's OK, I am going to bump this because it's so incredibly useful. One thing I have only just realised us that it is possible to find, for instance, all the posts of a specific kind made by a specific person by looking at, and filtering, their activity stream from within their profile. I will experiment with the activity streams more now I realise how powerful they are. (Mods please move or delete my post if it's inappropriate here.)

Thanks for bumping, I don't think many people realise you can create/customise activity streams in so many different ways, so I think it's great that a few more people will now see this. 🙂 Any questions, just let me know.

• Like 1