We're back! (Please Read)

12 minutes ago, norfie654321 said:

For me the forums formatting either hasnt yet loaded, or is not available at all. What im getting is just blank white screens and pages with no images or formatting as per the previous server...

Any better now? May need to do a hard refresh. 

Though a lot of images won't load yet as they're still uploading, but that will be fixed very soon. 

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Any better now? May need to do a hard refresh. 

Though a lot of images won't load yet as they're still uploading, but that will be fixed very soon. 

Yep everything seems to be back to normal now. In response to your post about the video gallery too...i would lose it, i personally never had any plans to subscribe to it and came to use the site just for the forum. Im also encountering an issue where the site isnt keeping me logged in after each topic i click on either.

12 minutes ago, norfie654321 said:

Yep everything seems to be back to normal now. In response to your post about the video gallery too...i would lose it, i personally never had any plans to subscribe to it and came to use the site just for the forum. Im also encountering an issue where the site isnt keeping me logged in after each topic i click on either.

Could you try clearing your cache? Failing that, clearing your cookies for this site and logging in again. Please let me know if the problem persists. 

It's really pity about the video gallery.

Not only because of my over 400 posted videos.

It was a place where you could find real gems of genre without endless (and sometimes useless) internet surfing.

First of all, thank you Admin/Founder so much for coming back to the site and rescuing it from an almost certain death!!   :-)

In regards to the video gallery, though, I agree with Ozabot.  I really enjoyed the video gallery because of its specific, thematic nature, but I understand if it can't stay because it is unfeasible to maintain it financially, legally, or logistically.

I will say, though, that if the financial aspect is the biggest concern for the video gallery, I personally (admittedly I can't speak for anyone else) actually wouldn't mind if the video gallery had to go to a reasonable monthly or annual subscription fee (to cover the cost of server storage space, bandwidth, etc.), as opposed to the previous lifetime membership purchased with a one-time fee.  While the gallery was still getting started, it made sense to offer a one-time subscription fee, but there are enough videos in the gallery by now (over 2,000 I think), that would make it worth a small monthly fee, in my opinion.  Maybe I'm alone in that belief, but I don't think it would hurt to ask and take a poll or something like that.

Anyway, even if the video gallery doesn't come back, thanks again for saving the rest of the site!  :-)

• Like 1

Glad to see things are back up and running again!

With regard to the video gallery: though I was an early contributor to the videos, I hadn't added to the gallery or perused it much recently, mostly because as Admin stated, there are so many other places one can find such videos. And considering the potential legal issues involved, if not having videos now is the best way to keep the site on secure footing, then that's fine with me. Despite the fact that I've been mostly lurking for quite awhile now, I was more afraid the community might disappear.

Great to see that's not the case. Thanks to Admin for stepping in and saving things!

• Like 1

I do agree with all your comments about the video gallery, in my opinion it was always far more than just another tube site.

Sadly, I don't think it returning in its previous form is viable. @wgpfan you did touch on a point though, if previous members were happy to chip in to cover the costs, then as long as it paid for itself I of course would happily run it as a private section (and simply not accept new registrations). Since very few people uploaded anyway, if just the core contributors remained, I think it could still be very worthwhile. I'm not sure whether people would be willing to pay again though since that wasn't part of the initial deal. 

• Like 1

While I did pay for the gallery, I barely used it. There are many other sources for the material. And if I am going to pay for video, I would rather pay the original content creators, in as much as that is possible. Sometimes there are videos from defunct paysites or studios that have closed and pulled their content offline, but it always made me a bit uncomfortable if a video was shared from a store or site that was still active.

Edited by nopjans
  • Like 1

Same here, I paid for it and barely used it, think I uploaded 15 or so videos. My main reason for not using it was the speed of it, it was so slow to upload, and watching online was also slow and cumbersome. I think a couple of us tried to get webm support (way smaller file sizes) but this didn't happen. 

Videos are are all over the Internet, with a little time and some thinking about it, you can download any of them.

• Like 2

Very happy to see the site back up!! Thank Admin-founder, for returning and taking over the site again. I agree with you and most others: the forum is what it's all about. Pictures are great. The video gallery isn't critical. For many of us, it's just nice to be in touch with others who are as strange as we are. Sometimes our fetishes can make us wonder whether we're crazy. Here, we know we can be free and not be condemned for it. :)

• Like 1

Hi Admin, thanks for being back!

---

Brainstorming about the videos section, I wonder if it would be possible to "offload" the material (and hassle) to a video sharing site.

Of course, it's always possible to post videos on such sites and then link to them; however this makes "starring" and commenting a bit more difficult.

On the other hand, many video sharing sites have an "embeddable" UI of sort, so I think it should be possible to tell posters to:

• Upload their video on a specific site (I like eroshare, at least for viewing, since it's ads-less),
  • Post the URL to the videos section

And then have the videos section display the posts (complete with author, description, preview, comment section, ...), but having the video being streamed from the video sharing site instead.

I would be much more lightweight in terms of bandwidth of course, and also probably in legal terms, since all the hosting would be done by a 3rd party.

35 minutes ago, daemoniak said:

Hi Admin, thanks for being back!

---

Brainstorming about the videos section, I wonder if it would be possible to "offload" the material (and hassle) to a video sharing site.

Of course, it's always possible to post videos on such sites and then link to them; however this makes "starring" and commenting a bit more difficult.

On the other hand, many video sharing sites have an "embeddable" UI of sort, so I think it should be possible to tell posters to:

• Upload their video on a specific site (I like eroshare, at least for viewing, since it's ads-less),
  • Post the URL to the videos section

And then have the videos section display the posts (complete with author, description, preview, comment section, ...), but having the video being streamed from the video sharing site instead.

I would be much more lightweight in terms of bandwidth of course, and also probably in legal terms, since all the hosting would be done by a 3rd party.

http://peefans.com/index.php?/topic/7415-gallery-carpet-pissing/

Looks like we're on a very similar page! 

42 minutes ago, zxcv22 said:

OK so how do you sign into the video gallery as we did before?

The video gallery is the only part of this forum not back up and running. In discussions with Admin, that is down to cost. Partly to avoid payment processor issues, partly to re-establish the friendly community of enthusiasts we began as - albeit much larger now - and partly to avoid the necessity of having to be financially viable, this forum is being run on a voluntary donation basis.

Founder Admin and myself are between us pretty much bankrolling much of that cost out of our own pockets.

And unfortunately, a video gallery adds considerably to those costs, mostly to be filled by stuff already widely accessible elsewhere, and the stuff that is new often has copyright dangers because it is often material downloaded from still active paysites.

But....watch this space. No guarantees, but there just might be developments in the pipeline.

• Like 2