What happened to the photo gallery?

On Monday, 20 February 2017 at 2:34 PM, Ozabot said:

Try to logout and login again on Gallery page. Maybe something wrong with authorization protocol

Thanks for the suggestion.   I tried logging in from the gallery page tonight, but still have the same result.

Works fine for me......reason I have not uploaded to the gallery for a while is that I have now collected so many pics that it would be a marathon task to upload them all, but sometime when I have lots of spare time I will get around to doing it.

I prefer to trickle posts out in my pic of the day threads cos it is never too much at once then. And it is true that pics posted in threads is one of the major assets of this forum, highly popular, and where our forum is definitely number one. But it does inevitably negate the need to post in the galleries to some extent.

Of course....if others are having an issue with posting or viewing there....then that is not helpful at all, and is hopefully something Admin can look into.

On 2/22/2017 at 2:48 AM, likesToLick said:

Thanks for the suggestion.   I tried logging in from the gallery page tonight, but still have the same result.

Same here.  I logged out, cleared the browser cache, restarted the browser and logged back in.  Same result.  No photo gallery.

On 2/18/2017 at 6:32 PM, likesToLick said:

Nothing has changed in my installation.  A feature of this site that worked before has now stopped working.

Microsoft is of course responsible for many problems in the software world, but it may be a little hasty just to blame them without first  investigating the problem in this case.

I will be interested to see what Admin has to say.

Unfortunately Win7 is not available any more.  I must eventually downgrade to Windows 10 I guess,  but I am postponing the misery as long as I possibly can.

You can still get the Win 7 System Builder version (full version, not an upgrade) at Amazon. Search for B00H09BOXQ (the item's unique code there). It's not cheap ($136 US), but you won't have to do the double install if you ever have to re-install it. I don't see any Win 7 upgrades there. You might also check pricewatch.com. Good luck.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, likesToLick said:

Have you tried contacting Admin directly about this via PM? I would suggest doing that if not.

On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 9:00 PM, steve25805 said:

Have you tried contacting Admin directly about this via PM? I would suggest doing that if not.

Hi Steve.  Admin is aware of the issue because he has posted in this thread.  I'll give him a chance to look at it before I bother him with a PM.

Thanks for screenshot, Sophie!

To DXR:

You don't see this picture, so now is clear that Gallery "don't see" you (

And it's not depend of OS, browser, etc. It's internal error of site and only admin can fix it.

• Like 1
On Sunday, 5 March 2017 at 2:38 PM, Ozabot said:

Thanks for screenshot, Sophie!

To DXR:

You don't see this picture, so now is clear that Gallery "don't see" you (

And it's not depend of OS, browser, etc. It's internal error of site and only admin can fix it.

I also do not see the picture on the home page.  My home screen looks like DXR has.  I don't see the image that is on Sophie's screen.

(Thank you Sophie for the screen shot.)

I have also tried disabling all of my browser extensions,  but this made no difference.

15 hours ago, likesToLick said:

I have also tried disabling all of my browser extensions,  but this made no difference.

You can try to enter the site from any other computer and I'm 99% sure that result will be the same.

Something wrong with "Gallery part" of your account

For experiment you can create a new account and check the subject.

And don't be shy to "bother admin with a PM"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, I can access the gallery.

It works normal for me and I've added a new pic in my albums.

But there are many lost pictures in the gallery ((

Are they lost forever or it simply means that restoration is not finished yet?

Still blank for me too.

(This problem existed on the previous server,  so I presume it has nothing to do with the latest move.)

I also do not see "gallery statistics" and "most recent image" on the home page.

I am guessing that my user name is blocked from gallery access somehow.

12 minutes ago, likesToLick said:

I also do not see "gallery statistics" and "most recent image" on the home page.

There is no "gallery statistics" and "most recent image" on the new home page.

There are Today's Birthdays list instead

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ozabot said:

There is no "gallery statistics" and "most recent image" on the new home page.

There are Today's Birthdays list instead

OK, no problem there then,  but that was a symptom of this gallery access fault before they were removed.   Thanks for letting me know.

Why do you think that this trouble disappeared after simple transferring site to new server?

Do you see the tab "Albums" on your profile page?

Try to click it

42 minutes ago, Ozabot said:

Why do you think that this trouble disappeared after simple transferring site to new server?

The trouble has not disappeared. The galleries don't work - same as before.  I only see a blank page.

41 minutes ago, Ozabot said:

Do you see the tab "Albums" on your profile page?

Try to click it

Sorry, I can't see any tab called "Albums" on my profile page.

7 hours ago, likesToLick said:

Sorry, I can't see any tab called "Albums" on my profile page.

So it means only one - your account is cut off from the gallery and only admin can help you.

11 hours ago, Ozabot said:

So it means only one - your account is cut off from the gallery and only admin can help you.

Yes, the same as before.   We weren't expecting anything different; we were just responding to the Admin's question.   The Admin asked us if we still had problems accessing the gallery on the new site, and the answer is yes.   Based on another thread, it appears that the Gallery is going to be discontinued on the new site anyway, due to few people using it in the first place plus the fact that some of us couldn't access it anyway.