Site Issues

If I find an item under POSTS and click on one I am taking to the first unread item.  Just what I want.

However, if I click on Unread Content and see the same tiem and click on it I am taken to the very first page and I have to work myself down to the last page and then to the end of the page.  Why can they both act the same way and take me to the first unread item????

I have been bugged by this action every since I started using the Unread Content label.

1 hour ago, bpb said:

If I find an item under POSTS and click on one I am taking to the first unread item.  Just what I want.

However, if I click on Unread Content and see the same tiem and click on it I am taken to the very first page and I have to work myself down to the last page and then to the end of the page.  Why can they both act the same way and take me to the first unread item????

I have been bugged by this action every since I started using the Unread Content label.

I am not exactly sure what you're asking for. But there is a forum update that is coming later this week that adds improvements to post filtering and searching. This might address your concern. 

This forum is incredibly slow for me all of a sudden. It is taking an age - often several minutes - for any page I try to access to work......that spinning ring is a fucking annoying thing to sit staring at.

It is taking just as long to post posts.

9 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

This forum is incredibly slow for me all of a sudden. It is taking an age - often several minutes - for any page I try to access to work......that spinning ring is a fucking annoying thing to sit staring at.

It is taking just as long to post posts.

I am not having any issues. Are you by chance uploading anything? 

2 minutes ago, Admin said:

I am not having any issues. Are you by chance uploading anything? 

No. No idea why this is happenning.

I am going to shut my computer down and restart it - once this post has finally loaded - and hope that solves it.....have tried two different browsers and same problem with both

That speed test thing worked fine in clearing disk space,,,,but actually boosting computer speed costs money. And since I have this problem on no other sites, I am reluctant to spend money i cant spare on probably not solving the problem.

6 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

That speed test thing worked fine in clearing disk space,,,,but actually boosting computer speed costs money. And since I have this problem on no other sites, I am reluctant to spend money i cant spare on probably not solving the problem.

Umm...what? It tests your internet speed.

5693593399.png

I have no idea why I have suddenly started having this problem. I do not have it with Peesearch or any other site of any kind. Only this one. And I still have the problem now so it is not just a brief glitch I had last night. This threatens to be a major barrier to my continued contribution here unless can figure it out.

Most times my posts will not submit. I click to submit. It then says "saving", but after anything from a few seconds to a few minutes it reverts back to "submit" without my post having been posted. Even when my commands work, it takes many minutes. When I try to post in chat my posts simply vanish without trace as soon as I click "enter". The site will not allow me to post pics of any kind anymore. It just says that there was an error with it. If I attempt to edit a post if often vanishes without trace. And sometimes I just get an "Error 524" message, telling me that a timeout has occurred and that my browser is working and Cloudflare is working but that there is a host error at peefans.com. I would show you the screenshot but it will not let me post pics of any kind.

Now the problem here is that Admin can detect no problems of any kind, and no other members are experiencing any, which strongly suggests that the problem is at my end. But I am having no problems at all with any other sites of any kind, just this one, and the Error 524 message seems to suggest a hosting problem. But why would this affect only me? I have tried everything I can think of short of rebooting my modem which is my next action. I was intending to buy a new laptop soon so might just bring that forward but am unlikely to have the time before Monday. So if rebooting the modem doesnt work, I am stumped until then. And if a new laptop doesn't work, I might have to abandon this forum. Currently, it is virtually impossible for me to function here. I have no idea why this has suddenly started happening.

Rebooting hasn't worked. I am also getting an "Error 522" message sometimes, telling me website is offline, but most times it is there. It just won't work properly for me.

And chatbox is apparently disconnected and won't respond to my commands to reconnect. This is symptomatic of what is happening. Commands either don't work at all or take an absolute age. And I keep getting error messages telling me the site is offline or a timeout has occurred, which all identify the problem as being with the host.And sometimes posts I am attempting to make vanish without trace, especially if I attempt to edit them. And it is not letting me post pics of any kind.

Not only can I not effectively post myself under such conditions but I cannot moderate either. If under current conditions I felt like a minor edit to a post was necessary, attempting to do so might make it disappear altogether.

Basically, wherever the problem is.....forum end or mine....I need help in solving it because if it cannot be solved I cannot be active here anymore.

I think my computer might be the problem. It is 7 years old and probably infected with so much shit now that it's unreal. Two of the three browsers I'd been using stopped receiving updates ages ago, automatic defragging doesnt work and I need to do it manually, my anti malware viruses no longer seem to respond and weird shit keeps happening.

Been needing a new laptop for a while. Think I might go out and buy one now. When I get that up and running, hopefully everything will be ok.....if not then the problem won't be my computer. In which case it will be essentially unsolvable at my end.

This is getting ridiculous now. Strange how this manifested itself so suddenly and so badly.

52 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

I think my computer might be the problem. It is 7 years old and probably infected with so much shit now that it's unreal. Two of the three browsers I'd been using stopped receiving updates ages ago, automatic defragging doesnt work and I need to do it manually, my anti malware viruses no longer seem to respond and weird shit keeps happening.

Been needing a new laptop for a while. Think I might go out and buy one now. When I get that up and running, hopefully everything will be ok.....if not then the problem won't be my computer. In which case it will be essentially unsolvable at my end.

This is getting ridiculous now. Strange how this manifested itself so suddenly and so badly.

It appears to be working fine for me and others. Nothing has changed with the site in the last few days. Wish I could help more, but there isn't much else I can do. I use this  software on my other forums with a combined user base of more than 80k and I haven't received any complaints of it not working because of the code or plugins.

Well, it's bad news then.

I have just bought a brand new laptop which works fine everywhere else.....but this forum is still virtually unusable in exactly the same way. So it cannot possibly be my computer. So I am at a total loss to explain it or know what I can do about it at my end.

So there appears to be a severe problem that has nothing to do with my computer yet is affecting no one else that we know about, and only affects my access to this site It has only occurred for about the last 24-36 hours. If there is nothing you can do and nothing more I can do, that leaves me effectively unable to moderate or function on this forum anymore. I will check in occasionally to see if things have gotten any better, but unless they somehow do, I will pretty much have to cease active membership.

Sorry, but there is a definite problem here that is beyond my control and no one else has a clue what is causing it. I am powerless. Ceasing my role here is not my choice but something that is being forced upon me.

Apologies to all.