Why do people think pee is dirty?

Basically we were brought up to learn that urine (pee, wee , piss, piddle etc) is a dirty waste product that our kidneys filter out. People think pee is full of germs and dangerous bacteria that can kill us, but why didn't we learn about the good things about pee? It's a clean fluid and the cleanest in your body that has plenty of good uses. It can tell us things about our health, women use it for pregnancy tests and people have drank it over the years. We basically swam around in our mother's pee before we born and we didn't get sick from it. I read somewhere that urine helped form some of the bones in our body. Golden showers wouldn't exist at all if pee was a dirty liquid! Pee is always in your body every minute of the day too, so it can't be that bad!

The most people got no idea from the most things, and certainly not from the biolgy of their bodies.....the mass of people dont want to think for it self, they do what the chief/teacher/police/Goverment say,... and what ever they hear from the upper people must be true.....they want to be leaded.....so they need leaders, so the world is partet in 99,9%% sheeps/slaves, (fictive)

and 00,1%Masters/leaders.

and its good so, because, you can see: this system runs.

No pee is NOT dirty, its steril, and it contains pheromones,.....its healthy for the skin, against different Deseases, when you go to the doctor because that, he give you pig urine extract, you have to mix it up in the bathtube with water and lay yourself in for 15 Minutes... So think it would be better, to bath in my own urine, but the swine urine..

but, yes people know nothing, and from that a lot, and its good so.

I suspect that the smell might be the cause of people's distrust. Odd really that it is just the modern practices of peeing in the same place, and peeing somewhere that the pee won't dry, are the things that make pee appear smelly!

PP

Basically we were brought up to learn that urine (pee, wee , piss, piddle etc) is a dirty waste product that our kidneys filter out. People think pee is full of germs and dangerous bacteria that can kill us, but why didn't we learn about the good things about pee? It's a clean fluid and the cleanest in your body that has plenty of good uses. It can tell us things about our health, women use it for pregnancy tests and people have drank it over the years. We basically swam around in our mother's pee before we born and we didn't get sick from it. I read somewhere that urine helped form some of the bones in our body. Golden showers wouldn't exist at all if pee was a dirty liquid! Pee is always in your body every minute of the day too, so it can't be that bad!

Not sure about a couple of your points....But I think it's mainly because most people consider it a "Waste Product" of the body and therefore they consider it dirty or nasty.

Not sure about a couple of your points....But I think it's mainly because most people consider it a "Waste Product" of the body and therefore they consider it dirty or nasty.

Funny how we eat honey (bee barf) and eggs (chickens period)

Guest UnabashedUser

It's regarded as such because most societies teach that to their young. Only a few enlightened individuals such as ourselves know differently.

Let's not forget that while fresh urine is usually pretty benign, after it has sat in open air for a while, airborne bacteria turn it into something pretty nasty and smelly.

There's an element of truth in that. The urine of a healthy person is sterile. However as you say, once it's sat in the air for a while, it attracts bacteria and becomes something less pleasant.

Bacteria cannot exist without moisture, so as long as where you pee dries out, the bacteria hazard will be mitigated.

You tend to notice pee smell only where it stays wet for an extended time - usually outside! Inside the pub and cinema everything dries so long as you don't constantly pee in the same place every day.

PP

I suspect that the smell might be the cause of people's distrust. Odd really that it is just the modern practices of peeing in the same place, and peeing somewhere that the pee won't dry, are the things that make pee appear smelly!

PP

Pee is not actually smelly when it comes out of us. A normal human's pee is clean.

• 9 months later...

For girls its probably the subtle "pee pee" smell, the typical varying yellow color and the fact that it is a waste product that exits the body from a private place very near where solid waste comes out.  She's been conditioned to think urine is gross and/or dirty.