Ask Dr. Glad

I thought I'd offer a new service here, one where you can ask questions about any aspect of this topic, from how-to advice to relationships to how you put more fun into our favorite sport.

While I'm not a doctor (though I played one in high school drama class), I have a good science background and will do my best to answer. Occasionally, I'll even throw in a pee fact that you might not know.

It's also been said that I have a good bedside manner and this is one doctor who is willing to make house calls.

The doctor will see you now.

• Like 1
Pee,preferably female of course,is fascinating..
I'm all for encouraging it. In fact, perhaps the good doctor's top recommendation is for all of us, especially women, to drink plenty of water.
  • Like 1

Another fun fact for you:

The word “urine” is from the Latin urina, which is from the variant of the Proto-Indo-European root "awer", meaning to moisten, flow.

If you have any questions, you can post them here. In the meantime, enjoy the flow. I'm sure most all of us like keeping things moist.

This is a tough one, but can you shed any light on why some of us find pee such a turn on? Any theories on the psychology behind it?

Liking the idea of this thread by the way.

• Like 2

Im fascinated by why i,and everyone on here likes basically,seeing another person urinate.Kind of gross,to the uninitiated,i guess.If there are any theories why id love to hear it..The biggest one to me is girls,that like other girls peeing..I mean they do it themselves everyday,several times,i would love to be there when they go themselves!But why do girls enjoy it too,with other girls,and why not of course?It must be more than just because their sexual parts are obviously on display..Any ideas?:)

This is a tough one, but can you shed any light on why some of us find pee such a turn on? Any theories on the psychology behind it?
The short answer is that, for most of us, this was a taboo. I doubt peeing would be quite as exciting for us if it weren't kept hidden, so to speak, behind closed doors.

But, there's also another factor at work, one that's primal. For a great many animals, urination is part of the mating ritual. Just watch a pair of dogs. The male pees, the female sniffs. If she likes what she smells, there's bound to be at least one lucky dog.

• Like 2
Why is pee golden in colour?

Steve, your question reminds me of the old joke, "why is semen white and urine yellow?" The answer, "so you can tell whether you're cumming or going!"

Actually, urine gets its golden or yellow color from the breakdown of hemoglobin. Whether it's pale or deep depends largely on how well-hydrated you are.

You can also get a brilliant almost neon yellow color to your urine if you've been taking Vitamin B. I freaked out one hiking partner shortly after I had switched to a protein powder that contained a large quantity of B in it.

• Like 1
Steve, your question reminds me of the old joke, "why is semen white and urine yellow?" The answer, "so you can tell whether you're cumming or going!"

Actually, urine gets its golden or yellow color from the breakdown of hemoglobin. Whether it's pale or deep depends largely on how well-hydrated you are.

You can also get a brilliant almost neon yellow color to your urine if you've been taking Vitamin B. I freaked out one hiking partner shortly after I had switched to a protein powder that contained a large quantity of B in it.

I once freaked out when my pee looked more purple than yellow - until I put 2 and 2 together to make 4 and realised that it always seemed to happen after eating beetroot. :laugh:

So interesting fact from me - eating beetroot makes your pee turn purple. :biggrin:

How many of you know that your pee doesn't come out in a continuous stream, but as droplets like this?

[ATTACH=full]50407[/ATTACH]

This pic from a lady seems to confirm that......

image_large_64.jpg?c8a3ad713d4265ca7d41de1779352a7c29ce984f69c2595581541649211669ecc46ec85149607fc00e0950f2421ae06c7c1753070f962f540c134b85589f3b03917eb6dbec992d9e

I'm not personally aroused by other females peeing, but neither does it gross me out. I love seeing piss pour from a cock, cut or uncut, I love the feel of shared urine, and audio is important as well. I am completely hetero, but full bladders being unleashed in inconvenient places is a turnon, from either gender.

Hi Simpfan.

Since you are a lady with an interest in men pissing, and "love seeing piss pour from a cock", I will alert you to the existence of a new subforum in the other adult content section, entirely devoted to male peeing erotica. You may enjoy some of it, and are free to post any such male peeing erotica erotica of your own there too if you wish.....

http://watchgirlspeeing.com/forums/men-peeing-pictures-videos-stories.59/

Hi Simpfan.

Since you are a lady with an interest in men pissing, and "love seeing piss pour from a cock", I will alert you to the existence of a new subforum in the other adult content section, entirely devoted to male peeing erotica. You may enjoy some of it, and are free to post any such male peeing erotica erotica of your own there too if you wish.....

http://watchgirlspeeing.com/forums/men-peeing-pictures-videos-stories.59/

Also are non pee pictures,just guys lolling about...:wink:

How many of you know that your pee doesn't come out in a continuous stream, but as droplets like this?

[ATTACH=full]50407[/ATTACH]

Loving all of the topic and found a little research for you, a group of university students calling themselves 'Wizz Kids' have been exploring the droplet against the khaki pants splash problem

they discovered:

part of the messiness caused by male urination is due to a phenomenon called

, which causes streams of falling liquid to decompose into droplets. When a guy pees, the urine stream breaks into droplets about 6 inches away from the urethra exit. "So by the time it hits the urinal, it's already in droplet form," he told the BBC. "And these droplets are the perpetrators of the splash formation on your khaki pants."

i love that it has a real name.

Keep up the good work Dr. Glad

• Like 1
Loving all of the topic and found a little research for you, a group of university students calling themselves 'Wizz Kids' have been exploring the droplet against the khaki pants splash problem

they discovered:

part of the messiness caused by male urination is due to a phenomenon called

, which causes streams of falling liquid to decompose into droplets. When a guy pees, the urine stream breaks into droplets about 6 inches away from the urethra exit. "So by the time it hits the urinal, it's already in droplet form," he told the BBC. "And these droplets are the perpetrators of the splash formation on your khaki pants."

i love that it has a real name.

Keep up the good work Dr. Glad

You gotta just love science, don't you? :)
  • 4 weeks later...