Social Networks

Admin

I'm a member of most of the 'big' social networks, but Facebook is definitely the one I use most. I often feel these social networks often end up being a waste of time; more a source of procrastination than anything useful. Don't get me wrong, it's great to be able to stay in touch with people, but I'm sure a lot of people find that because they can message someone, they're less likely to meet up face to face to chat. Some people seem so engrossed in social networking that they miss the real world.

What's your thoughts on this? Which social networks do you use, and do you think they can often have a negative impact on people?

The growth of social media has certainly led to a decline in internet forums - although since I doubt we'd want to be chatting about pee on Facebook I don't think this website has too much to worry about. :laugh:

Facebook, mostly, me and the ladies, but they are treated as a seperate entity, seen so many fights over who said what on FB.

This mostly personal and family contacts, I don't even think we are on each other's Facebook, it's just overkill when we live together.

The phone has Instagram, snapchat and messenger (FB version), again, just personal use, no pics or anything rude, lots of websites devoted to images and video found on lost/ stolen phones, my phone will not be one of them, lol.

• 1 month later...

I have found that social sites in the end, make us less social then we where before. I mean we can block someone we don't want to talk to and basically anything we cannot IRL. Confidence and other boons to a persons rep are the exact opposite, at least when there are tons of insecure people.

I think the younger you are,the more it means to you.Ill occasionally contact a pal,but not really one for posting images of my shed,or what im having for lunch.People these days actually sit at the same table and message each other!I could live without Facebook,i prefer the old fashioned phone call or letter even.