2nd Feb - Post Challenge - Let's Beat The Forum Record!

On November 27th 2014, 357 posts were made, the most this forum has received on one single day. For a forum that wasn't even a year old at that point, this is an impressive number, but I want to beat it. Tomorrow!

On the 2nd February I'm setting us a challenge to collectively post more than that. This means that whereas you might normally just browse the forum, I want you to contribute your own opinion tomorrow and get involved. This is an anonymous forum so don't be shy about giving your views - we want to hear them! If you already contribute regularly, go and find some topics you've not given your opinion on or - even better - start some new threads! Remember, there's always forum games to kill some time, and The Chat Thread (rather than using the shoutbox).

There will be some future rewards and and give-aways if we beat it, which I'm confident we can if we try. However, the statistics for the 2nd February will begin at 00:00 GMT and end at 23:59 GMT - so if you're from another timezone, make sure you take that into account.

This doesn't mean that you shouldn't post at other times or that you need to post all of your messages on this specific day. However, it would be great to see the site really active tomorrow and for us to break this record.

Thanks and good luck! :biggrin:

• Like 2
bump, and just to check this starts tonite at midnite yeah?

Yes, that's right... Let's do this! (Well, in just over an hour). :laugh:

We are currently at 44,252 posts (this may be a couple higher by midnight but not many, so if you want to check throughout the day how we're doing this will be an indication - although most posting happens in the evening).

I hope you can all help out, I appreciate this is short notice. :p

What's the current count up to?

We won't know the exact count until the day ends, so in the meantime, all we can do is post as much as possible!

Share that story/sighting you've been meaning to post, create a new topic, join in some forum games, give your views on some old discussions etc... :)

Well I'm in with this ..... Beware the BORG .......... Don't let them touch you !!

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE { EEK }

If 7 of 9 wanted to piss on me, resistance would not only be futile....it wouldn't even be offered, lol

Hm, I fear this is going to be even harder than it seemed. The day of 357 posts seemed a bit of an anomaly, as most days are more around the 100 post mark (still a very decent figure, but considering most people aren't aware this challenge has been set, I'm not sure how we'll fare). :laugh:

If we get anywhere close I'll be very impressed, but we can always reschedule for a more optimum time when more people are aware and available...

... Not that I'm quite admitting defeat just yet. We still have almost 2 hours of posting time left. Help us out, guys!

whens the busiest day on average? im guessing saturday or sunday may be more of a popular day to retry if we dont make it?

There doesn't really seem to be one day that's substantially busier - not that I can see or that I've noticed anyway. But you're right, weekends generally seem more popular. (So what a great choice Monday was, right?)

I still believe it could be done today. :angelic:

Update: I believe over 200 posts have now been made today.

We might not quite make the record (who knows what could happen in 45 minutes though, eh? :laugh:), but a valiant effort has been made. We'll keep posting, but I say we try this on a day when more people can be around to help out.

The site has felt more active today though, so hopefully we can all keep posting regularly, not just on days we're trying to set a record. This forum is what it is thanks to contributions from you all. :)

• Like 1