Is this fair?

You have probably seen the famous Manneken Pis Statue in Brussels for everybody to see.

There is also an equivalent female statue also in Brussels but hidden in a side street. I think the female version is beautiful and should also be on full display. Is this fair, why hide it away.

Manneken_Pis.jpg.91fee27ff71496e1714475ee5bb6ff29.jpg

Jeanneke_Pis.jpg.c5627d00cc4e1150ca4ce0d7f06120bb.jpg

• Like 3

I did not know that, and no I do not think it fair to hide that away while the boy pissing statue is on public display.

But this just shows the inequality that has always been present about boys being naked (being able to pee) and girls always being covered up.

For its pee they ought to re route a ladies toilet nearby and plumb it in to that,instead of water-real girls piss.Mmmmm.Because it looks like quite a young girl,i must admit i find it a little wrong.....Maybe if it represented at least a teenaged girl it would be a bit less odd.But its definately charming..:)

For its pee they ought to re route a ladies toilet nearby and plumb it in to that,instead of water-real girls piss.Mmmmm.Because it looks like quite a young girl,i must admit i find it a little wrong.....Maybe if it represented at least a teenaged girl it would be a bit less odd.But its definately charming..:)

Yes she young and it would be nice to see a women rather than a girl but that's art for you.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I think this is because our society consider female public urination to be taboo while male public urination is considered to be normal. but any way, I wish each of those two  statues can be put in front of each gender bathroom to be used as gender bathroom signs. maneken pis should be in front of men's room while jeanneke pis should be in front of women's room.

Edited by kitty and mimi