Click here to remove ads
Admin

Religion

I did put Jedi down on a census form once, as a religion, rofl.

Well I bet that either put a smile on the Census taker / really confused the Hell out of what you meant lol

GOLD members can watch NEW & Exclusive Spywareonya Pee Videos in Full HD... Click HERE to upgrade now!

No, I don't wear a pointed hat and ride a broom.

What? You mean this isn't you.....?

tumblr_n31zag1uxz1sfhozmo1_500-1-jpg.71987

• Like 1

Excellent , Steve 25805 ,

You might make Crissy P , laugh and have a smile on Her face . When she see's this picture you have posted on here LOL

it quite arousing to look at . Though I picture Crissy P , as A Long Woman in A Long Cool Black Dress . Which doesn't have a pointed hat at all in it . Though I do fantasize about Crissy P , peeing in that long black dress that she has on in that fantasy I have of Her at times ;) ;)

• Like 1

I'm Christian but not super religious. I do believe in God and our Lord Jesus but don't go to church. I give thanks and ask guidance in my prayers each night.

• Like 1

I would like to say that I believe in God, but I can't even make up a description of him.

It is said that he made us in his image. However, I think that it goes the other way around, we have described our God in our image.

It has been said that if horses were describing God he would look like a horse.

I am pretty sure that he is not a powerful guy in the sky that can make good things happen as I can find all kinds of counter examples, such as the holocaust.

My study group is working on the "History of God" by Karen Armstrong.

We have just finished the next to last chapter on killing God.

It appears that we have been rather successful.

I claim to be a Christian, but there are many many different kinds, and the Muslims and Jews have many different kinds and some of these kinds are strangely similar.

I would like to say that I believe in God, but I can't even make up a description of him.

It is said that he made us in his image. However, I think that it goes the other way around, we have described our God in our image.

It has been said that if horses were describing God he would look like a horse.

I am pretty sure that he is not a powerful guy in the sky that can make good things happen as I can find all kinds of counter examples, such as the holocaust.

My study group is working on the "History of God" by Karen Armstrong.

We have just finished the next to last chapter on killing God.

It appears that we have been rather successful.

I claim to be a Christian, but there are many many different kinds, and the Muslims and Jews have many different kinds and some of these kinds are strangely similar.

I tend most often to avoid using the word "God" at all, since it seems to conjure notions of some bearded dude up in the sky upon a throne, casting down thunderbolts and whatever.

My concept of God is of an all-embracing spiritual energy or life force, permeating the entire universe. The entire universe and everything in it is an aspect of God, a material reflection of God. The entire universe is part of God. WE are part of God. Everything and everyone are one. Our very souls are moulded over evolutionary time spans out of this spiritual lifeforce, life being where material and spiritual interact. Our souls I believe to be eternal, with successive incarnations. And they are the very stuff of God. But I also believe every living thing - a dog, a goldfish, an insect, a daisy - also all have souls.

Life is therefore very precious, in all it's manifestations.

Least that is what I believe.

What? You mean this isn't you.....?

tumblr_n31zag1uxz1sfhozmo1_500-1-jpg.71987

Man, is that NOT me! Not only do I not have a pointed hat and socks like that, I don't even have a broom. I have someone clean my apartment. She does have a nice butt!

She does have a nice butt!

Well - if your avatar is anything to go by - you do at least have that in common with her. :biggrin:

I tend most often to avoid using the word "God" at all, since it seems to conjure notions of some bearded dude up in the sky upon a throne, casting down thunderbolts and whatever.

My concept of God is of an all-embracing spiritual energy or life force, permeating the entire universe. The entire universe and everything in it is an aspect of God, a material reflection of God. The entire universe is part of God. WE are part of God. Everything and everyone are one. Our very souls are moulded over evolutionary time spans out of this spiritual lifeforce, life being where material and spiritual interact. Our souls I believe to be eternal, with successive incarnations. And they are the very stuff of God. But I also believe every living thing - a dog, a goldfish, an insect, a daisy - also all have souls.

You are not alone in your beliefs. I share many of those myself.

• Like 2

This is so close to what Carl Sagan said in his Cosmos Series in the 80's. Just change the word God to Star Stuff.

Do you know the DNA of of everybody and living thing on the planet is only a .02% difference? The difference between me and a tree is only .02%, which means that our DNA is 99.98% of the same stuff.

This is so close to what Carl Sagan said in his Cosmos Series in the 80's. Just change the word God to Star Stuff.

Do you know the DNA of of everybody and living thing on the planet is only a .02% difference? The difference between me and a tree is only .02%, which means that our DNA is 99.98% of the same stuff.

I have heard it said that we share 98% of our DNA with chimpanzees. And that we even share 50% with bananas.

I think that where organised religion often falls flat is in it's unwillingness/inability to take on board scientific facts which disprove much of it's dogma.

Any deeper "truth" must take account of established facts on the ground, to have any credible claim to being "truth". At least in my opinion, anyway.