what are your all time top 10 favourite computer games?

Ok guys and gals, any platform, any genre, any age, just your favourite computer games you love, dont worry, you dont need to remember the platform you played it on, but please no fanboy wars. I'll set the ball rolling...

10) North and South (PC)

9) GTA London (PS1)

8) Need For Speed 1 (PS1) - (if only for the background info "the Mazda MX5 is powered by the rotary wankel engine")

7) Command and Conquor Red Alert (PC)

6) Outrun (Sega Game Gear)

5) Wriggler (Amstrad CPC6128 - yes that was a real system)

4) Test Drive Unlimited (Xbox 360)

3) Skyrim (Xbox 360)

2) GTA V (xbox 360)

1) Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)

I dont think i have 10.

Far Cry 2 is my favourite-so far.

Skyrim

Oblivion

A PS1 game Panzer Front.(WW2 tank warfare,its whats missing from more modern consoles)

Brothers in Arms(not Hells Highway though,only earlier versions)I was very disappointed by Hells Highway by not being a Paratrooper,but a Glider pilot.Glider pilots fought of course,but i wanted to be a Paratrooper in this much awaited game.

The PS1 Medal of Honor was awesome.They ALWAYS spoil games like this by slick graphics and outlandish weaponry in later versions.

Ive played so many that i cant really remember.Im after a PS4 soon,i fancy Alien isolation.

I must admit i find the more recent "Call of Duty" series rather samey and quite boring.

some good choices there, far cry 2 was a brilliant game, I really enjoyed far cry 3 and the stand alone far cry - blood dragon, completely over the top neon infused 80's spectacular, well worth a look. Have you tried world of tanks yet? not sure about sony systems, but its on xbox and pc, complete tank warfare and is free to download play, you can pay to upgrade tanks, gain slight extra xp and in game cash, tho its not completely necessary to do so and is still enjoyable, also theres a game out on the pc called war thunder I think involving WW2 tank and plane warfare, looks brilliant, but I need a gaming pc to play it. I know what you mean about the call of duty series, I really enjoyed the early call of duty series, but unfortunatly as the game progressed they added stun grenades with an ear "ringing" sound which sets off my tinitus and made the game infuriatingly unplayabe.

Dont like World of Tanks,it has too much of a kind of "upgrading" system,that obviously real tanks lack.When tanks go into battle its as good as it gets.You cant suddenly bolt a bigger gun to it,or add extra armour etc.Ive only played consoles.

love doom! i still have the cheats for the original doom burned into my memory lol! idkfa iddqd my system history is amstrad cpc6128 (green screen!) Master System, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP - worst system Ive ever owned, 12 replacements within the 1st 6 months of release from new! and for that reason I simply wont own another sony that and they ruined the Gran Turismo series with delays (the only reason I got the PSP was it was supposed to be a launch title, didnt come out for 2 years or so and was a huge dissapointment when I got it) and the utterly abysmal GT5, then I got the Xbox360, I never really got into nintendo so never even owned so much as a game boy, just waiting for the mk2 Xbox One to come out, hopefully they will upgrade the chips to the same as the PS4 or see what steam has to offer

I struggle putting these into order so don't pay too much attention to the numbering past the first five or so.

1. Final Fantasy VII.(PS1) My favourite game EVER! I could play this over and over again. Great story, great gameplay, likeable characters and three disks!
  2. Gran Turismo (PS1) Another great game, I have lots of memories of doing lap after lap of the High Speed Ring, tweaking my car to try and improve my times.
  3. Resident Evil(PS1) Love this horror game, camera is terrible but the gameplay makes up for it. These issues are solved with the remake coming out later.
  4. Fallout 3 GOTY edition (Xbox 360) Amazing game, great story, lots to do, and with the GOTY DLC it just gets even better. A must have for any game lover.
  5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) Love this game, lots to do, silly without being over the top but still fun. Arguably the best in the series.
  6. Tomb Raider 1-5 (PS1) I love the Tomb Raider series and I think the original PS1 titles are some of the best. I loved solving all the little puzzles and would spend hours on some of them.
  7. DOOM(PS1) The ultimate pick up and play shooter, along with Quake. All out mayhem. Lots of fun
  8. Syphon Filter 1+2(PS1) Another great series, really enjoyed playing these. Graphics are dated but fun gameplay.
  9. Silent Hill(PS1) Fun fun fun horror game! Lots of fun to play on a cold rainy night.
  10. Shadowman(PS1) Completeed this game countless times. Awesome story, the PS2 sequel is pretty good too.

Mostly PS1 It seems. Just my favourite games are on that console. I do own other systems, honest :P

I struggle putting these into order so don't pay too much attention to the numbering past the first five or so.

1. Final Fantasy VII.(PS1) My favourite game EVER! I could play this over and over again. Great story, great gameplay, likeable characters and three disks!
  2. Gran Turismo (PS1) Another great game, I have lots of memories of doing lap after lap of the High Speed Ring, tweaking my car to try and improve my times.
  3. Resident Evil(PS1) Love this horror game, camera is terrible but the gameplay makes up for it. These issues are solved with the remake coming out later.
  4. Fallout 3 GOTY edition (Xbox 360) Amazing game, great story, lots to do, and with the GOTY DLC it just gets even better. A must have for any game lover.
  5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) Love this game, lots to do, silly without being over the top but still fun. Arguably the best in the series.
  6. Tomb Raider 1-5 (PS1) I love the Tomb Raider series and I think the original PS1 titles are some of the best. I loved solving all the little puzzles and would spend hours on some of them.
  7. DOOM(PS1) The ultimate pick up and play shooter, along with Quake. All out mayhem. Lots of fun
  8. Syphon Filter 1+2(PS1) Another great series, really enjoyed playing these. Graphics are dated but fun gameplay.
  9. Silent Hill(PS1) Fun fun fun horror game! Lots of fun to play on a cold rainy night.
  10. Shadowman(PS1) Completeed this game countless times. Awesome story, the PS2 sequel is pretty good too.

Mostly PS1 It seems. Just my favourite games are on that console. I do own other systems, honest :tongue:

Syphon Filter was great,and Doom of course!Not really into driving games,as i forget when i get in my car sometimes!!

Ok, not much order to this either, but here goes:

Watch Dogs, PS4, loved the concept, but completed way to easily, for a $100 game, you would expect it to last longer (still play it online)

Destiny, PS4, this one will never end, love it.

Drive Club, PS4, surprisingly, the girls have taken to this one, they already have a posse of (supposedly) woman drivers in their Club. This thing does Facebook and they each have an app on their smartphones to keep track of things.

Gran Turismo 5, PS3, completed it, but still play it, love the GT40, the sound it makes when doing hot laps is awesome.

PS3 has so many, I can't list them all, Duke Nukem, Need for Speed: Shift, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Infamous 1 and 2 and all the SBK series from 2011 onwards.

Eve Online, PC. I love being a trader, in a massive universe, amazing how quick time goes when playing.

Skyrim Online, PC. Massive thing it is, on my PC it looks so sexy, graphics are impressive.

Sorry, more than 10 here, I have way to much free time, lol.

Ok, not much order to this either, but here goes:

Watch Dogs, PS4, loved the concept, but completed way to easily, for a $100 game, you would expect it to last longer (still play it online)

Destiny, PS4, this one will never end, love it.

Drive Club, PS4, surprisingly, the girls have taken to this one, they already have a posse of (supposedly) woman drivers in their Club. This thing does Facebook and they each have an app on their smartphones to keep track of things.

Gran Turismo 5, PS3, completed it, but still play it, love the GT40, the sound it makes when doing hot laps is awesome.

PS3 has so many, I can't list them all, Duke Nukem, Need for Speed: Shift, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Infamous 1 and 2 and all the SBK series from 2011 onwards.

Eve Online, PC. I love being a trader, in a massive universe, amazing how quick time goes when playing.

Skyrim Online, PC. Massive thing it is, on my PC it looks so sexy, graphics are impressive.

Sorry, more than 10 here, I have way to much free time, lol.

Fallout 3,i love that,but Fallout Las Vegas i did not understand.Also one game i loved was DEUS EX on PS2.So free roaming.

I did at one time had the joystick . Though controlled the throttle settings , flaps , landing gear & different ordinance packages with the key board . I had trouble flying the P - 38 . As it had tendencies to go into compressabilty while in a dive with a full ordinance packge installed for ground / interdiction missions . I had a made a mistake in not using 1/4 flaps before going into a steep dive over the target area . So I could pull out much faster . OOPS :banghead:

I learned finally after I had trashed my joystick in trying to pull my P - 38 lightning out of it's dive :mad:

I also once clip the prop on my P - 47 Thunderbolt while strafing a German Air Base :frown:

Which was what the Highest ranking American Fighter pilot Gabby Gabreski did on his last fighter sweep mission He flew & ended the war as a P.O.W/ with 28 confirmed shot downs :woot:

How good are you in fliying in that game ?

Kevin

Wow sounds awesome!Im not good at flight sims unfortunately.I think the P-38 had issues with diving.(by issues,i think it used to hurtle groundwards at 500 mph killing the pilot).Luckily they managed to sort that out,but i think it was always an unforgiving plane.Im sure you know that US pilot,Bong was the highest US ace of the war,with 39 kills in the P-38,in the Pacific though,against Japs.

Poor Richard Bong,selling him short!Ive always been a military history buff since a kid,when i was into modelling etc.Must have had over 50 models in my room at one point in my teens.Got kind of curious about WHY the Me109 E was already becoming obsolete in 1940,stuff etc,how these fitted into the battles of WW2,Tanks,ships all that.:thumbsup:

unfortunatly Ive never had any of the microsoft flight sims, never had a pc capable of running games like that, I do like flight sims on consoles, wingover, ace combat series, which were fun if not a little arcadey, il sturmavich, birds of steel were more sim oriented, in the harder modes you dont get any instruments other than cockpit view, no radar and being ww2 sims there are no guided missiles and has pretty much a full inventory of allied and axis planes