issues with the site today

Anydody else have difficulty on this site today?

Are there bandwidth problems, perhaps too many users on the site at one time. Or, is it a bot that's greedy? Pages seem to be loading unusually slow and I've been getting messages of indicating problems with the database and resource allocations.

Hello all, the last few weeks have unfortunately been a chaotic time for me. Starting from tomorrow I will be around a lot more, meaning much needed updates and fixes will be coming. I'll investigate this issue further in the morning, but rest assured it will get resolved quickly. Apologies about the inconvenience, I look forward to catching up with you all soon.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't think the issue is fully resolved yet; I'm speaking with the site's hosting company and am hopeful everything will be back to normal very soon. In the meantime, if the error does appear or the site is running slow, please just check back a little later.

Thank you.

I've had the same problem twice this evening....and it makes me very reluctant to invest time and effort in writing stories or posting anything of any substance lest it get lost due to the forum going down. I hope Admin can fix this tomorrow. And inevitably people will decamp elsewhere - at least temporarily - whilst these problems persist.

I have seen a couple of "resource limit" messages, a few occasions where a page just failed to complete rendering, and today I had an "Unexpected database error" when logging in.

Good luck Admin with getting the problems sorted at your web host. I for one will keep on visiting.

Steve, I suggest if you want to continue writing your excellent stories, write the text in Notepad, and copy/paste it into the forum at the last moment. Then if there is a problem in the forum, you will still have a copy of your work, and your effort will not be wasted.

We have a great little community here, I recommend that everyone be patient while Admin gets the problem fixed. Keeping a computer system alive is hard work, and some things can't be fixed instantly.

Steve,

Write and save the stories in a word processing program, and then copy and paste them here. If something happens and they are lost on this site due to a glitch, you still have the story and can reload it later.

Yes thanks. Well I do actually normally post my stories on both forums anyway so I might as well just post them on PS first and then paste them here.....too busy to write any until tuesday though. Shedloads of overtime at my place at the moment.

A little bit more problematical insofar as my thread about matching pics to stories goes though. And trying to get into this site has been a nightmare this morning.

And no worries, people. I'm the last person who is going to give up on this site and will keep visiting.

I really appreciate you all supporting the site. I'm still in ongoing talks with the host and am looking at upgrading the site to a different plan that will work better. All I can do right now is ask you to all please stay patient and check back shortly, as these problems will be resolved but unfortunately the issue may persist a little longer while I work on a fix.

Thank you.

Hey yes, I will hang on it has been too much fun to leave. I see a number of people have made the same multiple Post entries, I suspect because the server was running so slow that they didn't realize that the Post had taken and kept punching the Post Reply. I have had this happen to me a few times in the past when the server was running okay. But, now all bets are off. I found myself the only person signed on the other day. I was asking if I should turn out the light as I left.

I got the "unexpected database error" message too, yesterday (the 29th). Don't worry, I'm sure we all have enough patience to wait for tech problems to be solved without disappearing.

Yes, that error occurred whilst the site was in the transition of upgrading to the new and improved server. I assure you the waiting is over; everything should now be totally fine. :D

Apologies again about any inconvenience caused.

Everything seems fine to me now.

And no worries, Admin. These kind of things happen from time to time. In the past I've been locked out of PS for hours on end due to too many people trying to log in all at once. And I've known the site to be totally inaccessible for a day or so once before due to server issues of some kind. People go elsewhere when they have to, but the best and most active majority of members very quickly return as soon as they can.

Oh, a short while back, Admin, I did privately get on your case about the lack of new content in the piss category sections, offering my services if you did not have the time. Apologies for any tone of impatience.

• Like 1

Not at all Steve, I was pleased to hear you wanted to take initiative. I've seen many forums where people lose a little interest if the administrator is away, but you and everyone else seemed keen to keep things trying to run as normal as possible. Luckily until the server issues I wasn't actually needed that much.

You're right though, errors and problems such as these are inevitable with almost any site. I'm confident our new server can support much higher demand and there shouldn't be any further problems.

Thanks.

• Like 2