Speculative Evolution of peeing

Speculative evolution is the art of imagining how life could have developed differently. What if we were marsupials? What if we had feathers instead of fur? What if spider monkeys had a trunk as well as their four limbs and a tail for extra mobility.

So with that in mind, what if something about our evolution changed peeing in some fundamental way. Like if humans evolved to mark their territory like wolves, or if humans evolved more to attract mates through peeing.

Even more interesting is to observe what other animals do, some of which is truly fascinating. For example, bluebirds literally encapsulate their waste in a kind of whitish sac before expelling it. This allows them to go in their nests, without soiling them. Imagine if we had that? Imagine peeing, but it comes out in some kind of membrane that makes no mess?

This thread was inspired by a comment in @marking my territory's post on nudist peeing.

Interesting. I often think about how wasteful it is for us to pee - it's apparently pretty inefficient as far as water usage. I also think it's interesting how we evolved bladders to store a bunch of stuff we don't need. I guess it's more convenient to store it instead of just leaking it out but when my bladder is full I always think about how it's stuff I don't actually need sitting in there.

• Like 2

oooh evolving to attract mates by marking your territory sounds cool.

When you think about evolution in general, before there were cars and roads and houses and toilets and even clothes to buy in a shop you gotta figure people were just a lot more open and accepting of things than they are now. People would have thought nothing of women running around topless in little flax skirts or even nude and peeing outside wouldn't have bothered anyone.

Maybe one day humans will get back to those kind of times. 

Something I often think about is what would happen if some of these disaster movies came true and everything we know today is gone? We had a small taste of it with covid and lockdown.  But what if a huge disaster struck and there were no more malls or clothes or any of that stuff? We'd have no choice but to live more like the cave men did

I'm not sure it is an "Evolution" thing, but perhaps more a social adjustment thing. Esp given that we 'umans are higher mammals and can think through how we interact with our close folk or our other more public image..

Much of the whole "civilizational"  thing is playing to a rule set that is-was  invented by whom???  Or??? Don't have to go back too far in time before toilets Etc were largely non existent. I rather think that the human condition has not changed much." We Here" who like the pee thing, prob a minority, all the rest, well its a functional day to day thing.

I do rather like the idea that pee will be more of a social and enjoyable thing that more can enjoy ,,, In and over time

xx Euro

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Euro said:

I'm not sure it is an "Evolution" thing, but perhaps more a social adjustment thing

true. Even the Romans didn't segregate facilities. Peeing on front of other people was just normal. 

19 hours ago, MonsterKane46 said:

Something I often think about is what would happen if some of these disaster movies came true and everything we know today is gone? We had a small taste of it with covid and lockdown.  But what if a huge disaster struck and there were no more malls or clothes or any of that stuff? We'd have no choice but to live more like the cave men did

I miss that about COVID. There were articles in mainstream newspapers (not tabloids) about women embracing peeing in public as bathrooms were closed. One article featured a headline photo of a woman squatting against a tree with her pants down, and people were outraged so much that they removed it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Foobar said:

I miss that about COVID. There were articles in mainstream newspapers (not tabloids) about women embracing peeing in public as bathrooms were closed. One article featured a headline photo of a woman squatting against a tree with her pants down, and people were outraged so much that they removed it.

yes it was easy to do it and just blame it on lack of bathrooms being open 

On 5/13/2023 at 4:43 PM, CON2H4 said:

Even more interesting is to observe what other animals do, some of which is truly fascinating.

BushBabies.... They pee on their hands and feet and generally smear it about all over the place.

Having remarked about other animals, back to humans.

I read an article about free nuts & such available on Pub bars. Someone did some research on same and discovered that there were traces of some tens of different urine types both on the nut bowl and the nuts. Urine traces have a habit of getting all over the place if not by conscience  intent , then by inadvertent action.

There's a lot of it about 🙂