Are there attendants in ladies’ restrooms?

Hidengo

Despite the topic being bathroom-related, there is little sexual about this question.

Context: I was celebrating a friend’s birthday at a club, and popped into the bathroom.

it was tiny. I would guess something like 5’x8’. Narrow enough that I– an average-sized male– would not have had the space to T-pose, we’re I in the mood to assert dominance.

It still was able to fit four urinals, a wide sink, and a single, walled-off, toilet, so congrats to the interior designer for maximizing the space at least.

But there was also an attendant. Usually a staple in the fancier locales, this is a man who in all likelihood drew the short straw, and is tasked with turning on the sink, providing hand towels, and offering post-piss mints. It is my conjecture that his real purpose is to add subconscious social pressure to ensure that the patrons wash their hands.

Which leads me to my next question: given that I mainly have experience in the Men’s restroom, I have no idea if such a person is stationed in the fancy-pants ladies’ rooms as well.

I mean, if you told me that men were so disgusting about hygiene that this specific job had to be created, I would believe you. But so would simply like to be sure that things are equally weird across the socially constructed gender aisle.

I'm in Melbourne Victoria and we have not so much attendents than security in the bathroom for safety reasons and to make sure no one's doing drugs blah blah some clubs have unisex bathrooms so have security for obvious reasons

9 hours ago, Hidengo said:

would not have had the space to T-pose, we’re I in the mood to assert dominance.

As a person who regularly plays Bethesda games, I found this thought and image to be hilarious lol. T Posing in a tiny bathroom 😁

Secondly, I guess I must just be poor cause I have never in my life experienced an attendant in the women's bathroom no matter where I've been. You must have to have a lot of money in order to pay someone to turn off and on the sinks considering in my state minimum wage is climbing to 15 an hour. 

Edited by Bacardi

I have no idea what most of that means...   And it's very rare I go to places where there are bathroom attendants.

I do know of one place with both a male attendant in the gents and a female attendant in the ladies.  It's a live music venue and bar where I've spent quite a lot of time before and after lockdown.  Obviously I've only experienced the guys side of it.  The guy keeps a check on cleanliness of the bathroom which is also quite small, mopping the floor regularly, handing out liquid soap and paper towels and then spraying on your choice of aftershave.   And he just takes home the tips he makes, which usually are pretty good.

From the venue perspective it doesn't cost them, but they get a constantly clean bathroom free from any problems.

In Belgium almost all public places have a toilet lady/guy. The cinema, the mall, concerts, … It’s an actual job. You have to pay somewhere between 30 and 50 eurocents to enter the bathroom. After you are done he/she enters the stall to clean the seat, check if there is still toiletpapier, … So it makes messing in public toilets a lot more difficult. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Fanny said:

In Belgium almost all public places have a toilet lady/guy. The cinema, the mall, concerts, … It’s an actual job. You have to pay somewhere between 30 and 50 eurocents to enter the bathroom. After you are done he/she enters the stall to clean the seat, check if there is still toiletpapier, … So it makes messing in public toilets a lot more difficult. 

The toilet attendants in men's rooms in the USA (if there is an attendant at all) really only clean around the sinks.  I have never seen one clean a toilet seat while people were present.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Fanny said:

How illegal is it to pee in the street? Because if this is the case, I will pee in the street.

2 hours ago, pguy2981 said:

How illegal is it to pee in the street? Because if this is the case, I will pee in the street.

It is illegal and you can get a fine for it. But that being said, I don’t really know if it’s a top priority of the police to write fines for wildpeeing. 

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 4:01 AM, Fanny said:

I like the way you’re thinking 😏 With or without toilet attendants… you can make a mess anyway. It maybe will only be cleaned up faster 😉 

For me it’s even more exciting leaving a mess in presence of an attendant.

In my area it depends. Only in clubs or other high frequented spots there are sometimes toilet ladies/guys to keep the stalls clean against a small tip. 
In toilets in fast food restaurants e.g. there is normally nobody.

• Cheeky 1