Our Duty to Nurture Plants

4 minutes ago, marking my territory said:

Lately I've been enjoying thinking about the beauty of flora and the human relationship to it, regarding pee. Agricultural is almost as natural to humans as urinating, what we take from the earth we always give back. Each time we squat down and water the earth we are guaranteed to be rewarded for our efforts. Not that I'm ungrateful for modern plumbing but I do grieve that I can't bless my local plant life whenever I feel the urge without being considered a public nuisance.

I think encouraging men to water their neighborhood veggie gardens and women to water the flowers would be incredibly beneficial, bring bee population back up, help combat public urination in detrimental places, encourage more friendly interaction, less shame around urine.

Although...this could encourage a bit more feral behaviour in people, particularly men, not that I'd consider that a bad thing, mind you. Urine marking in humans is a bit of a lost art, though we still mark but in a subtle manner. Not that I'd ever complain about men marking around my home, it'd be so primal, watching different males marking in my garden/plant life. Each trying to outdo the other, leaving their scent....but I digress. 

Since I'm a big believer in equality of the sexes, I think women should be encouraged to do the same as men. 

• Agree 3
41 minutes ago, marking my territory said:

Lately I've been enjoying thinking about the beauty of flora and the human relationship to it, regarding pee. Agricultural is almost as natural to humans as urinating, what we take from the earth we always give back. Each time we squat down and water the earth we are guaranteed to be rewarded for our efforts. Not that I'm ungrateful for modern plumbing but I do grieve that I can't bless my local plant life whenever I feel the urge without being considered a public nuisance.

I think encouraging men to water their neighborhood veggie gardens and women to water the flowers would be incredibly beneficial, bring bee population back up, help combat public urination in detrimental places, encourage more friendly interaction, less shame around urine.

Although...this could encourage a bit more feral behaviour in people, particularly men, not that I'd consider that a bad thing, mind you. Urine marking in humans is a bit of a lost art, though we still mark but in a subtle manner. Not that I'd ever complain about men marking around my home, it'd be so primal, watching different males marking in my garden/plant life. Each trying to outdo the other, leaving their scent....but I digress. 

Just remember that while urine contains nitrogen that helps plants grow, too much actually kills them, so it's a matter of measure haha. Though well, if you have weeds that need to be plucked then I'd happily volunteer to help contributing in that effort, I agree with everything that you said here.

• Like 3

I’ve heard it’s beneficial for compost heaps to be pissed on (“bring your life-giving dick over here and fertilise this dirty thing down here”).

I realise I also relate to the back-to-nature aspect - pissing in the sea or a river has the same vibe as walking in bare feet on grass or sand, that connection with the rest of the natural world

Edited by oliver2
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I noticed just now that in the basement here there is a room full with potted plants from one of the neighbors and i instantly thought i should make it my duty to water some of those soon. Some look like they are having a rough time.

So instead of occasionally peeing in the drain down there i'm thinking of choosing a few to be my project and see if a little pee makes a difference over time. 😇😅

Edited by Remi
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

If you actually care about your plants you'll want to avoid peeing on them as hot as it is. Human urine causes nitrogen burn because there's too much nitrogen in it, I'd say it would especially affect potted plants since there's not much soil volume and no where for excess urine to go.

24 minutes ago, Vassal said:

If you actually care about your plants you'll want to avoid peeing on them as hot as it is. Human urine causes nitrogen burn because there's too much nitrogen in it, I'd say it would especially affect potted plants since there's not much soil volume and no where for excess urine to go.

Or: stay hydrated to make your urine dilute, or add a little bit of pee to the plant diluted with pure water? (May mean lots of stopping and starting and pee-pee dancing around, losing control and emptying your entire bladder into one plant may be bad for it)

3 minutes ago, oliver2 said:

Or: stay hydrated to make your urine dilute, or add a little bit of pee to the plant diluted with pure water? (May mean lots of stopping and starting and pee-pee dancing around, losing control and emptying your entire bladder into one plant may be bad for it)

If you're gonna do it, this would be the way to go. Definitely wouldn't do a full bladder's worth that's for sure, even diluted. I'd also limit the frequency.

While on a much bigger scale, doing tree fertilization I believe we did 3-4 treatments a season starting June to October (probably ending earlier). 

9 minutes ago, marking my territory said:

Hehe, sounds like Oliver is our friendly neighborhood weed killer 🤣, those with less...potent streams can wander about the flower and veggie gardens to water.

Then I suppose each stream should be measured and examined so we can determine who is "fit" to water the flowers and veggies

• Hot 1
4 minutes ago, marking my territory said:

Maybe each person pees into a watering can till its full and then use the can to water with discretion...but I think most people prefer to use their own equipment to water plants

Actually a good idea but i think most people would take a long time to fill that up all alone. By the time thats full most of it has expired its best before date and can only be used to kill weeds.

You could make that a community project however where several people add their pee to it to create some kind of secret super formula that (in theory) makes a jungle grow out of deadwood 😅

7 hours ago, marking my territory said:

Maybe each person pees into a watering can till its full and then use the can to water with discretion...but I think most people prefer to use their own equipment to water plants

71UIw4AZ0dL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It might be fun for a couple to share a watering can. Fill it most of the way up with water. Then, each using their own equipment, top it off.

As much as I condone outdoor peeing, especially in a partner, I would never do it in an open space. Maybe filling a watering with my piss and then spreading the love. I could do that.

But actually casting out my rod and sprinking the lawn and the flowers? No.

Indoors? Sure. I'm not really a flower guy, though.

Thinking about pissing on soil that's growing crops, vegetables, etc. The nutrition of the urine would inevitably seep into them, giving them a dose of pee goodness. The thought of eating aforementioned vegetables would be... hot.

Great idea to start peeing on plants all over the place!

As long as it does not become a socially acceptable peehaviour, I suggest we start as an avantgarde by dowsing plants in more secluded spots like our own backyards, in the forest, in the park, when hiking in nature... I for sure avoid going to the toilet prior to leaving the house for a walk and try to find a spot with ample vegetation and no onlookers.

To those who fear that their pee would do harm: Trees can take a lot, just look at them around smaller highway lay-bys... If you don't pee on the same spot, in normal central European weather, outdoor plants take it well. I have elaborated a bit in my thread:

On the other hand, peeing on plants' leaves in bright sun, drowning potted plants in your pee, or having very concentrated pee are going to cause harm and make your plants wither, as @Malika has demonstrated here

@Daniel_defo has also elaborated on the subject in the video section, sharing some interesting material:

• Thanks 1