A psychological survey about urophilia

Hello everyone, I am currently a graduate student in the field of educational psychology in Taiwan, and I think urophilia is an area worthy of research. I would like to do a psychological survey in the urophilia community, and I am currently focusing on the "causes of urination".
(Originally, I wanted to call it "research," but I decided that it was too formal, and after all, I was just trying to do it by myself, so I called it a survey instead.)
I don't know if the results are good or not, but I will try to analyze the data as long as the sample size is large enough, and I will share the results in the forum afterwards, regardless of whether the results are good or bad.
This questionnaire is an anonymous survey, the information collected will only be used for data presentation, and qualitative information will be displayed with a number, no personal identity will be announced.
If you have already answered this questionnaire on other platforms or websites, please avoid repeating it.

The deadline of the questionnaire depends on the number of samples collected.

The connection of the  questionnaire is below. If you're interesting in this topic, you can fill out this survey to give me a support:

https://forms.gle/N9FrLYhJhN8AsfL38

Sorry, my English is not very well. If you have question about the questionnaire, please tell me let I know.

We wish you good luck in the Year of the Rabbit and all the best!

"Following the previous question, if you have other fetishism,  were you affected by this(PeeFans or Omorashi) website?"

This question did not make sense, do you mind clarifying?

"Do you have mental disorder?"

This question is a little direct and kind of rude sounding...I would rephrase it as "Do you have a history of mental illness or other disabilities?" and give options to choose which ones. I'd be more inclined to answer truthfully.

"How high are your desire for urophilia? "
Again a very confusing question and poorly worded, consider rewording (being more specific, urophilia has layers upon layers) or using google to translate to clear english. Is this work-related research or is it personal. Is there an abstract or something we could see that would explain this better? Also, the question following this question makes the quoted question redundant in my opinion.

"How do you think why you are a urophilism?"
I don't mean to be rude but your English could use some work. This could be re-worded to say "Why do you feel attracted to watersports/pee related sexual activities?"
Someone definitely chime in if there is a better way. I did the best I could answering that question.

I'm only doing this because I keep this likeness for pee VERY close to my chest and I get very cagey when I'm asked to explain things about it, like why I'm into it. The way these questions are worded makes it sound like what we are into is taboo and we are all crazy and need to be placed in a mental facility. That could be my brain blowing things waaaay out of proportion, but the questions to me sound targeted and biased. I'm half sure you didn't mean it.

Edited by pguy2981

Thanks @eee555

I don’t think any of us can criticise your use of English - it is far better than if I tried to communicate in Thai. 

I was able to complete the survey. I believe I was able to understand each question.

I’m guessing that you’ve written some pee-fetish specific questions followed by some generic character type questions ?   (In the past I’ve studied some management psychology theory including personality profiling and I can see a theme in some of your questions).

Perhaps you are expecting to see a connection between certain character traits and people on this site ?   I hope though that you are approaching us with a completely open mind and just letting the responses to the survey guide your findings without bias.  I will be very interested to see what you conclude.

We don’t know if you have any interest in pee yourself and whether you have chosen this study topic - or whether it has been assigned to you ‘at random’.  I hope you will take time to get to know us though.  The number of people who will answer will probably be a very small proportion of our membership.  Also most of our membership is in the ‘west’, largely North America and Europe.

As a site we are quite unique, we have a very large membership, but many who view silently. Of the members who contribute there are many different interests - some sexual and others not.  For some pee is an open experience they celebrate and for others it is very private.  Also many different countries rather than just ‘the west’ and each has different attitudes that affect how acceptable our hobby is. Please take some time to read some of the discussions in the Pee Talk & Questions, Real Experiences and also Men Peeing sections.  That will probably help you understand who we are too, what makes us the diverse people we are. 

• Agree 1

@gldenwetgoose I like pee too and I chose this topic because I’m interested in it. I like to apply what I have learned in my life. I know that this is a very large group of people and that only a small number of people have completed the questionnaire, but since I am the only one who wants to understand this issue and there is no more support from the academic community, it is more restrictive to do random sampling. I also hope that in the future this can become a study with professorial guidance, so that more can be done.

• Thanks 1

@pguy2981

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I know my English still has a lot of room for improvement and I will revise my title according to your suggestion. I think the reason why you feel uncomfortable with some of the vocabulary is because I directly searched for English translations by google and all that came up were some more academic usage, and I don't understand the common English phrases in this area very well, thus causing you to feel uncomfortable.
I like pee too, so of course I don't want the public to be biased against us, in fact the reason I want to initiate this survey is to dispel the bias. If it can be proven that this community does not have these characteristics, it will show that our characteristics are not different from the general population. This is the statistical result I expect, and I hope you understand what I mean.
Finally, I apologize again for making you feel bad.

• Love 3
On 2/1/2023 at 9:52 AM, eee555 said:

@pguy2981

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I know my English still has a lot of room for improvement and I will revise my title according to your suggestion. I think the reason why you feel uncomfortable with some of the vocabulary is because I directly searched for English translations by google and all that came up were some more academic usage, and I don't understand the common English phrases in this area very well, thus causing you to feel uncomfortable.
I like pee too, so of course I don't want the public to be biased against us, in fact the reason I want to initiate this survey is to dispel the bias. If it can be proven that this community does not have these characteristics, it will show that our characteristics are not different from the general population. This is the statistical result I expect, and I hope you understand what I mean.
Finally, I apologize again for making you feel bad.

You're fine! I didn't mean to sound upset, just comes from a lot of things in my past--I have been tricked and played before and it doesn't take long to pick up on some indicators. I know you didn't mean it that way, but definitely ask anyone on here to translate, mods especially. Most of us are really kind here. Though I highly doubt any sort of statistic would stop the public from shaming kinky people, I would love to see what you come up with.

If you don't mind me asking, where in the world are you from? The website had Japanese characters on it and I figured you were Japanese, but I don't want to assume. I wanted to ask what it's like for you over there, having a fetish and how you feel the overall population views it.

13 hours ago, pguy2981 said:

If you don't mind me asking, where in the world are you from? The website had Japanese characters on it and I figured you were Japanese, but I don't want to assume. I wanted to ask what it's like for you over there, having a fetish and how you feel the overall population views it.

It's in the first line and also in @eee555's profile....   Taiwan

Just a quick reminder to all...   The Peefans ethos and also site rules - That we support and encourage one another and we don't criticise the content posted by others.

In this thread a new member has introduced themselves and asked for our support in an academic survey.   They have apologised in advance that English is not their first language, and they have confirmed that they themselves are interested in pee.

Yes, some of the questions are shared from other academic material - which to my understanding means there is a basis for accepting the outcome of those questions as being valid data.  In any case the survey is entirely anonymous.

If you want to take part then great, do so - you're hopefully helping someone towards their degree.   If you prefer not too then that's fine.  If you have would like clarification on what a question means then by all means post in a positive open manner.

However, criticism and negativity is definitely not the Peefans way and not how we expect to treat our fellow members.   As always, if it's not for you then quietly walk on past.  Click the report button if you feel that strongly and let staff investigate.