Jump to content

What useless information can you remember?


Recommended Posts

I seem to retain the most useless or random information and I am sure something really important has been pushed out of my ear as a result.

For example, I can remember the barcode for a Creme Egg (50201600) I have never worked in retail and I don't even like Creme Eggs yet here we are.

CadCamEgg_1.png

I can remember the door entry code for my school that I haven't been to since the early 2000's. The building was demolished years ago, the door doesn't even exist anymore, but I can still remember C2743Z

180201-01.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to post

- Michelle Obama didnt like Barack at first because "his nose was too big"

- the income from the sparkling wine tax in germany is supposed to be used to fund the imperial navy... which doesnt exist anymore for over a hundred years, yet ppl are still paying it (especially useless knowledge since i have never touched a drop of alcohol in my life)

- the "paradoxical frog" - "Pseudis Paradoxa" is called like that because their tadpoles are the worlds largest, yet the adult frog is just a third of that length and pretty average

- some males of the "Argentinian rowing duck" can get erections larger than the average body length for that species

- the Egyptian god of knowledge, Thoth, was sometimes written as Θώθ in Greek, making the furry meme phrase "owo, whats this" somewhat more sensible than it has any right to be

- you are not allowed to stand next to the current British king/queen without socks

  • Hug 1
  • Love 2
Link to post

NZ has 26 million sheep but only 5.1 million people. 

The last 3 houses I lived in were 1 Mcneish Place, 63C Prospect Terrace and 96 Dominion Road.... all totally useless as I've been gone from my last address for 4 and a half years lol

  • Like 1
Link to post

I can recall most, if not all, of the telephone numbers which I,  and my family have had since before I  went to senior high school. I know the names of soft drinks that have been discontinued, and the names of the companies who manufactured them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

I remember the registration plate of my Dad's first car, bought when I was about 5 (and that's a *long* time ago). A red mini, with a hole in the floor under the clutch pedal: 530 GKH.

I do surprise myself quite often with the things I can dredge from my memory .... but of course I can't remember any examples now lol.

 

Link to post

Omg @Sophie yessss! My head is full of useless sh!te and you’ve just created the perfect place to let go of it.

In the spirit of remember door locks: I remember the code to get into the staff room of mums work to get a chocolate out the box when I was little: C7461X - she hasn’t worked there for over 20 years and the building is now houses! 

I remember the rhyme that our maths teacher in the early 2000s taught us to remember trigonometry: Sex On Holiday Comes After Having Tons Of Alcohol (SOH CAH TOA) 😆

I have vivid memories as a wee girl of putting a slice of toast into the VCR and totally destroying it 🤣 (In my defence it was a wee mouth just asking to be fed!)

I can remember every car registration and mobile phone number I’ve ever had! 
my current one being 0737….ahh I tease! 

I can sing SpongeBob SquarePants in French 🤣

That’s about all I can remember… the thought of my morning pee has come to the front of my mind and I NEED! I’ll add to this later 🥰

  • Like 1
Link to post
14 minutes ago, Chrissy89 said:

I remember the rhyme that our maths teacher in the early 2000s taught us to remember trigonometry: Sex On Holiday Comes After Having Tons Of Alcohol (SOH CAH TOA) 😆

😂

Link to post
7 hours ago, TMN_Femboi said:

- Michelle Obama didnt like Barack at first because "his nose was too big"

- the income from the sparkling wine tax in germany is supposed to be used to fund the imperial navy... which doesnt exist anymore for over a hundred years, yet ppl are still paying it (especially useless knowledge since i have never touched a drop of alcohol in my life)

- the "paradoxical frog" - "Pseudis Paradoxa" is called like that because their tadpoles are the worlds largest, yet the adult frog is just a third of that length and pretty average

- some males of the "Argentinian rowing duck" can get erections larger than the average body length for that species

- the Egyptian god of knowledge, Thoth, was sometimes written as Θώθ in Greek, making the furry meme phrase "owo, whats this" somewhat more sensible than it has any right to be

- you are not allowed to stand next to the current British king/queen without socks

Brilliant… though I’ve found myself reading these fascinating posts a few times as I’m trying to take them all in. 
 

perhaps this isn’t a good place for me to be in 🤣🤣

Link to post

So much useless information floating around my head. 
 

In a similar vein to the others…  every phone number of friends from school pre-cellphones, my home numbers (all of them) through childhood, parents and my car registrations, door codes etc. 
 

However, can I remember the CURRENT padlock codes I use regularly - not a hope in hell. 
 

The mind is a weird thing. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
11 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Hmm ... you don't have anywhere you need to be today do you @Chrissy89?

Only work! But it’s only money…. I’d rather sit here and empty my brain onto all you wonderful people then get banned as the mods are like “that Chrissy is an odd sock!” 🤣

  • Love 1
Link to post
8 minutes ago, walanuk said:

So much useless information floating around my head. 
 

In a similar vein to the others…  every phone number of friends from school pre-cellphones, my home numbers (all of them) through childhood, parents and my car registrations, door codes etc. 
 

However, can I remember the CURRENT padlock codes I use regularly - not a hope in hell. 
 

The mind is a weird thing. 

Lmao yes current information doesn’t retain in my brain! Thank god for OneNote 🤣

Link to post

I remember a lot of useless things, but nothing that I need to remember. 😂 I have a really good memory for numbers. I remember:

- The phone numbers of my childhood friends and relatives who have already passed away.

- When I was a teenager, I worked at the post office. I still remember all the Postal Codes of my home country, even though I haven't sent mail in years.

- I remember the registration plates of my own, my parents and my friends current and old cars.

I also remember almost every car and airplane model, even I don't do anything with that information. 

These were the first that came to mind. 😅

Link to post

I guess there’s a whole load of formulae and conversion factors locked in my brain that are redundant now we just Google everything… 

Also redundant is the family home phone number - I left home at 17 and soon after it was just a case of dialling from my phone’s memory. 

But a couple of years ago I suddenly found myself at my parents house in Spain, just after my dad’s death. They’d sold the family home a decade earlier, and staring at his combination locked document safe was the first time I’d typed in that number for maybe nearly thirty years.  At that precise moment, remembering my full 11 digit childhood telephone number became very useful. 

  • Hug 2
Link to post
32 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

Mole= 6.02x10^23

I dropped out of chemistry like twice so idk how I remember it, but I can't believe that I do lol.

Ooh ... @Sophie will be impressed lol.

How about Planck's constant?

Speed of light in a vacuum?

Link to post
5 hours ago, Bacardi said:

Did you just skip over the fact that I dropped out of chemistry twice? 🤣

That's pretty impressive. I only dropped out once! I still find it interesting tho - the section of Derek Lowe's chemistry blog titled "Things I Won't Work With" is gut-bustingly hilarious. Especially when he makes jokes about flourine chemistry and the corresponding "limb to chemist ratio".

https://www.science.org/topic/blog-category/things-i-wont-work-with

 

Dumb stuff in my head? Knowing the 87 counties in Minnesota, and which position some of them are in alphabetical order.

  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...