I've been a long time lurker and an occasional poster on this site for some time and have noticed that a bunch of people have done AMA's here and thought it might be something fun to do.

So since I'm bored and don't have much to do atm, feel free to ask me anything (pee related or not).

Hi @avatar - welcome to the club, glad you've finally lost your AMA-virginity.  (Sorry, I'm kidding of course)

Two questions from me if I may just to get the ball rolling:

- When you're not working, or browsing and contributing here - what sort of things do you like to do...   Hobbies, skills, sports etc ?

- If you could relive any period or even single moment in your life, when would that be?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Hi @avatar - welcome to the club, glad you've finally lost your AMA-virginity.  (Sorry, I'm kidding of course)

Two questions from me if I may just to get the ball rolling:

- When you're not working, or browsing and contributing here - what sort of things do you like to do...   Hobbies, skills, sports etc ?

- If you could relive any period or even single moment in your life, when would that be?

When you're not working, or browsing and contributing here - what sort of things do you like to do...   Hobbies, skills, sports etc ?

Well you didn't mention school in there so that still takes up a chunk of my time. Apart from work, school and being here... I like to watch shows/movies (I'm a huuuuge Star Wars fan so mostly that), play games from time to time or watch (mostly educational about whatever interests me atm) stuff on youtube. Outside of media, I regularly go as a spectator to the local hockey games, go to concerts etc. I also like traveling and exploring foreing cities, but only recently have I gotten to the point of being able to actually afford that on my own. And as for sports, I ocasionally play darts with some of my friends, even if just on amateur level at pubs.

If you could relive any period or even single moment in your life, when would that be?

This is honestly a really tough question to be honest. I cannot think of any single event, but what probably comes to mind is the extended summer break between middle school and high school. It was just a nice time of having no responsibilities and just goofing around with friends the whole day. Than during high school some not really good irl stuff happened and then uni, work and other adult stuff came along.

Edited by avatar
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Chrissy89 said:

Oooh welcome!  A couple from me:

1. who’s your favourite band/artist? 

2. I seen you like travelling, where’s the best place you’ve visited 

☺️

1. who’s your favourite band/artist? 

I'll be honest, I don't really have a favorite artist/band as that changes for me all the time. But lately I think I'd put Sasha Alex Sloan on top. I do love a lot of different artists from other genres tho, so It's kinda hard to pick one.

I seen you like travelling, where’s the best place you’ve visited 

I'd say it was Paris, the furtest I've traveled (coincidently it was for Sasha's EU tour concert). I'm going to London for a week this Easter tho, so really looking forward to that!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, avatar said:

I'll be honest, I don't really have a favorite artist/band as that changes for me all the time. But lately I think I'd put Sasha Alex Sloan on top. I do love a lot of different artists from other genres tho, so It's kinda hard to pick one.

I seen you like travelling, where’s the best place you’ve visited 

I'd say it was Paris, the furtest I've traveled (coincidently it was for Sasha's EU tour concert). I'm going to London for a week this Easter tho, so really looking forward to that!

Oooh if you’ve never been to London before you’ll love it! It’s an amazing city 🙂 

2 hours ago, Chrissy89 said:

Oooh if you’ve never been to London before you’ll love it! It’s an amazing city 🙂 

Really? Oh I hope so! I'll mostly be spending my time there on a convention but I have a 3 or 4 days before/after where I plan on exploring the city.

3 hours ago, steve25805 said:

What is your favourite all time movie?

I'm gonna judge this by how much impression the movie left on when seeing it for the first time and I'll say it is the first Avatar. I know it might not be the best movie to ever come out, but back then I was just uttrly amazed at it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2023 at 6:09 PM, avatar said:

So since I'm bored and don't have much to do atm, feel free to ask me anything (pee related or not).

This thread has kinda died down and I'm bored again, so I'm gonna give it a bump. Feel free to ask absolutely anything 🙂

53 minutes ago, Chrissy89 said:

Ooooh right ok…. As you work in software - PC or Mac 😜

I've been using PCs for almost 20 years now, never a Mac and don't see myself moving any time soon. Only tried it once at a collegue's MacBook and felt like a complete bumbling dumbass, even trying to type something on their keyboards with different keys/shortcuts lol. Like how do you even function without an Alt key 🤣

• Like 1

I'm going to break my own principle here - I usually deliberately avoid pee in these ask me anything topics.

But this time around

- Where's the highest place you've ever peed off (if you have) ?  OR   where's the most public place you've ever peed (ie near other people) that wasn't in a bathroom?

And the clean question

- What's your favourite mode of transport?

A couple of questions from me:

• If you could live (not just visit) anywhere on the planet apart from where you are now, where would it be and why? (Assume you can find employment and can afford to live reasonably comfortably).
  • A game of chess or extreme potholing? Are you a cerebral indoors person or an adventurous outdoor type?
  • What's your best performance in darts? Are we talking nine-dart finish here, or ...
3 hours ago, Kupar said:

If you could live (not just visit) anywhere on the planet apart from where you are now, where would it be and why? (Assume you can find employment and can afford to live reasonably comfortably).

That's a pretty complex question and I'd have to do way more research to give a confident answer. I'd however definitelly like it be somwhere where language won't be an issue, so preferably somewhere in the anglosphere or at least somewhere where getting around with English wouldn't be an issue. Also, having a strong social system and political stability is a big thing for me, so that kinda rules out the US. I'd also like to remain somewhere within the EU, for many reasons, so maybe Denmark in Copenhagen?

3 hours ago, Kupar said:

A game of chess or extreme potholing? Are you a cerebral indoors person or an adventurous outdoor type?

Oh I don't play chess or board games in general really, but I'm most definitelly an indoor person. Guess I can thank being an introvert for that, but as much as I like going outside to do whatever, I always need enough of that indoor me time after.

3 hours ago, Kupar said:

What's your best performance in darts? Are we talking nine-dart finish here, or ...

I'm a super casual player, so no nine-darters by any chance 🤣 I did get a 180 once though, which I'm proud of.

• Love 2