Steve25805 - Ask me anything

steve25805

There are a number of these threads going around. The ones by females seem to be more popular because all the guys like interacting with the ladies. And I sadly am only a guy, former mod, best known in more recent years for my pic contributions but I used to write a lot more stories in earlier years.

Anyway, this thread is an opportunity for anyone to ask me anything. About absolutely anything.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, steve25805 said:

There are a number of these threads going around. The ones by females seem to be more popular because all the guys like interacting with the ladies. And I sadly am only a guy, former mod, best known in more recent years for my pic contributions but I used to write a lot more stories in earlier years.

Anyway, this thread is an opportunity for anyone to ask me anything. About absolutely anything.

how did you learn to Write so many great and detailed Stories,  

how do you know when characters comes in play, how do you choose the setting as you go along with the Writing 

and could you give me some really good and helpfull tips how to start writing properly ? 

ive read so many of youre storie, and you make them come so to life, that you start invisioning it in youre head.

also i wonder whats youre Favoritt Country , vacation place,

do you own a fanzy car/ nice house with more than 4 bedrooms ?

what movies do you like the best anything from 50- now

2 hours ago, Sophie said:

Would you rather fight a horse sized duck? or 100 duck sizes horses?

100 duck sized horses would be more fun, I could keep kicking them away and there'd always be more coming at me. A horse sized duck sounds like no fun at all in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Kupar said:

What are the things you're proudest of Steve, and what do you most want to achieve, on a personal level?

Things I am proudest of include being liked and valued as one of the best workers by my employer and liked and respected by my work colleagues. I am also proud of my political values though these are things I rarely discuss on this forum. I am proud that I managed to successfully give up smoking some 19 years ago now. I am proud of my ability with mental arithmetic. I am proud of my knowledge of WW2 and the Third Reich. I am proud of my intelligence and ability to communicate with the typed word. One of the things I am proud of is getting several letters published in the national political magazine, the New Statesman

What do I most want to achieve on a personal level? Apart from winning the lottery obviously, lol.

On the material side of things I would like to be debt free. When it comes to more personal things what is most important to me is to feel liked and respected by the people I like and respect. I would much rather be poor but liked and respected than rich but regarded by all and sundry as a total arse. 

• Love 2

A couple from me @steve25805  -

-  If you had a time machine and could travel to any specific moment or time period in history, in any place - what would you choose and why there/then?   (Since a single moment may be an impossible choice, how about three) 

- If you could spend a week on a paradise island with anybody who would you choose? 

10 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

what is most important to me is to feel liked and respected by the people I like and respect

This chimes so strongly with me Steve. If it helps, you have my respect

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, peetowin said:

how did you learn to Write so many great and detailed Stories,  

how do you know when characters comes in play, how do you choose the setting as you go along with the Writing 

and could you give me some really good and helpfull tips how to start writing properly ? 

ive read so many of youre storie, and you make them come so to life, that you start invisioning it in youre head.

also i wonder whats youre Favoritt Country , vacation place,

do you own a fanzy car/ nice house with more than 4 bedrooms ?

what movies do you like the best anything from 50- now

Wow that's a lot of questions. I will try to answer them all. 

It is hard to know how exactly I learned to write stories in the way I do. The ability to write reasonably well first developed at school where I was often top of the class for my essay writing. I seemed able to use my imagination via the written or typed word to convey something. But I have always read a lot from as soon as I learned to read and picked up my writing style in part from books. 

As for my characters and settings, a lot of that just comes from my own imagination or my own fantasies. I like to imagine naughty peeing scenarios that arouse me and then put them into words. Sometimes I see or hear things on the internet or elsewhere that trigger an idea that becomes a story

I haven't been abroad since 1982 so it is hard to know what my favourite country of vacation is except on the basis of places I would like to go someday. Probably top of my list right now is Australia.

I don't own a fancy car, just a standard Vauxhall Corsa. And I live in a rented one bedroom flat.

Some of my favourite all time movies include 12 Angry Men, 2001 a Space Odyssey, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Dances with Wolves, Total Recall, Avatar, Mad Max 1, Battle of Britain, Apocalypse Now, Silence of the Lambs, Saving Private Ryan, the Blues Brothers, Breaking Glass.

Edited by steve25805
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Perfect and wonderful answers @steve25805 - and brought a lump to my throat.    Great desert island choice too.

(I don't know if you have access to Netflix, if so you may enjoy the drama series Timeless which explores time travel and the risks of changing history.  A bias towards US historical events, but a good watch nonetheless).

• Hug 1
4 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Perfect and wonderful answers @steve25805 - and brought a lump to my throat.    Great desert island choice too.

(I don't know if you have access to Netflix, if so you may enjoy the drama series Timeless which explores time travel and the risks of changing history.  A bias towards US historical events, but a good watch nonetheless).

I do have netflix so might have to check that out. Thanks

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Oooh ... Susannah York in stockings 😍

image.png.0f4d22a10f430226d972fea7681edc47.png

Somehow I just randomly imagined that that hotel room probably lacks an ensuite bathroom so there must be a chamber pot under the bed. And Susannah York is going to end up squatting over it and pissing in it before bed.

Anyone else imagine that? No?

Just me then, lol

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Chrissy89 said:

Steve…. Hi 👋

Do you have a favourite dessert? X 

Not supposed to do desserts anymore due to being diabetic but I am still naughty sometimes.

My favourite probably has to be mint viennetta ice cream....
FQxviLFXoAQZtGe.thumb.jpg.606dc1ae3a3fcc22ba3b5ea8fd3c1263.jpg

• Love 2
Just now, steve25805 said:

Not supposed to do desserts anymore due to being diabetic but I am still naughty sometimes.

My favourite probably has to be mint viennetta ice cream....
FQxviLFXoAQZtGe.thumb.jpg.606dc1ae3a3fcc22ba3b5ea8fd3c1263.jpg

Omg yes! So many good memories of Vienetta, visiting my gran and it would be there waiting for us to finish dinner! Xx

• Love 2
2 hours ago, FlyingthedreamUK said:

Ok, so if you could be stranded anywhere in the world, where would choose? 

and what 3 things would you take with you? 

Great questions requiring some thought. Do you mean a desert island type stranded which kind of limits me to desert islands? Or do you mean stranded anywhere and unable to get home? If the latter I would like to be stranded in Cyprus, an island full of the friendliest people I have ever met.

Three things I would take with me is a phone, a credit card, and an e reader.

If alone on a desert island is what you are thinking of, I'd like to be stranded somewhere equatorial or tropical maybe in the pacific, on an island with a fresh water supply and some sort of natural food supply like fruit available, as well as animals to hunt.

The three items of most value to me would be a large sharp knife, a fishing rod, and a lighter.

10 minutes ago, Chrissy89 said:

Omg yes! So many good memories of Vienetta, visiting my gran and it would be there waiting for us to finish dinner! Xx

I have seen other viennettas. There is the standard vanilla one which is very nice but not quite as awesome as the mint one. I have also seen an orange one and a chocolate one, neither of which I have tried yet. But the mint one would take some beating.

I love mint ice cream anyway. I have happy childhood summer memories of being a kid in the 70s, on the beach with my family when dad would send my brother and I to the nearby shop to buy us all ice creams. Without fail I always went for the mint choc chip one. Happy memories.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

I have seen other viennettas. There is the standard vanilla one which is very nice but not quite as awesome as the mint one. I have also seen an orange one and a chocolate one, neither of which I have tried yet. But the mint one would take some beating.

I love mint ice cream anyway. I have happy childhood summer memories of being a kid in the 70s, on the beach with my family when dad would send my brother and I to the nearby shop to buy us all ice creams. Without fail I always went for the mint choc chip one. Happy memories.

I work for an ice cream company so that’s kinda both heaven and hell in the same place 🤣. I love a good mint ice cream myself. ❤️

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Chrissy89 said:

I work for an ice cream company so that’s kinda both heaven and hell in the same place 🤣. I love a good mint ice cream myself. ❤️

Working in an ice cream factory at a time when you crave ice cream must be a torture because I doubt your employer would be happy about you helping yourself, lol.

I work in a supermarket in a variety of roles, one of which sometimes includes manning a checkout, with food passing in front of me constantly. I have learned never to be hungry in work otherwise all the food you have to scan but cannot eat is a mini torture in itself, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

Working in an ice cream factory at a time when you crave ice cream must be a torture because I doubt your employer would be happy about you helping yourself, lol.

I work in a supermarket in a variety of roles, one of which sometimes includes manning a checkout, with food passing in front of me constantly. I have learned never to be hungry in work otherwise all the food you have to scan but cannot eat is a mini torture in itself, lol

Aw luckily for me I work from home. They don’t let me near the factory… I’d be under the machine licking it all up 🤤🤤

• Haha 3