To use or not to use a Litter box?

12 minutes ago, Takashi96 said:

Thought about? Yes. Done? No. I've read that it can be upsetting for cats.

If you’ve got foxes in your backyard and want to discourage them, peeing there* is supposed to help, because they regard it as your territory rather than theirs. Maybe cats are similar, except you don’t want to upset your cat.

* Alternatively, if you want an excuse to piss outside your house for some reason, here is one

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, oliver2 said:

If you’ve got foxes in your backyard and want to discourage them, peeing there* is supposed to help, because they regard it as your territory rather than theirs. Maybe cats are similar, except you don’t want to upset your cat.

* Alternatively, if you want an excuse to piss outside your house for some reason, here is one

No I've no cats at all. It's just me using it

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Pisslover40 said:

Has anyone thought about or uses a litter box or is that strange if I have done so?

never thought about it as I have 2 cats and wouldn't want to upset them... I'm gonna be looking at people's litter boxes and wondering if they use them themselves now lol

4 minutes ago, MonsterKane46 said:

never thought about it as I have 2 cats and wouldn't want to upset them... I'm gonna be looking at people's litter boxes and wondering if they use them themselves now lol

I have lived by myself and couldn't piss outside and afraid of pissing on the floor i thought this a good idea. Just put it in a corner of the living room to pee in

3 minutes ago, MonsterKane46 said:

• Haha 1
On 1/6/2023 at 12:01 PM, Pisslover40 said:

Has anyone thought about or uses a litter box or is that strange if I have done so?

No. I have one cat, and smelling human pee would definitely upset him. I have, however, used the "previously used" litter after giving the cat new litter in his litter pan. 😁 Almost as good as peeing in the dirt outside.

No. I have one cat, and smelling human pee would definitely upset him. I have, however, used the "previously used" litter after giving the cat new litter in his litter pan. 😁 Almost as good as peeing in the dirt outside.

On 1/6/2023 at 5:01 PM, Pisslover40 said:

I suppose it's only as "strange" as you believe it is.....I say, each to their own.

I don't own a cat, so I'm not sure how I would explain the presence of a litter tray in my home. I already field enough awkward questions about the amount of laundry I "produce", without adding another thing into the mix!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 1:29 PM, Let_It_Go said:

I don't own a cat, so I'm not sure how I would explain the presence of a litter tray in my home. I already field enough awkward questions about the amount of laundry I "produce", without adding another thing into the mix!

At least for the litter tray itself, you can answer that you had your neighbors' cat over for their holidays, it was picked up yesterday and you haven't put the tray away yet 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 3:55 AM, Takashi96 said:

Thought about? Yes. Done? No. I've read that it can be upsetting for cats.

I have a cat, and he would be very upset about me using his private litter box. Cats (especially males) are very territorial, meaning they "mark" their territory with a "special spray."   I on the other hand, "mark my territory" with a stream of my piss.

Edited by Johnboy777
Spelling