Women Hovering (with Poll)

Poll for Women: Hovering vs Sitting to Pee by Location and Other Circumstances  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming the toilet isn't visibly dirty, do you hover or sit on a public toilet? (e.g., bar, restaurant, movie theater, porta-potty, airplane)

• Hover
    • Sit
  2. 2. Assuming the toilet isn't visibly dirty, do you hover or sit on the toilet in a hotel or motel?

• Hover
    • Sit
  3. 3. Assuming the toilet isn't visibly dirty, do you hover or sit on the toilet at a friend or family member's house?

• Hover
    • Sit
  4. 4. Is clothing type (e.g., skirt, jeans, bathing suit) a factor in your decision to hover or sit?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Is urgency a factor in your decision to hover or sit?

• Yes
    • No

It's my impression that most women hover when they pee in a public toilet. I'm trying to get a better understanding of how prevalent it really is.

I apologize if this is a common poll topic and is redundant.

Edited by gg111
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I am also curious, how accurate are you when hovering? If the cause to hover is pee on the seat, do you tend to make that problem worse for the next lady, prompting a snowball effect of more and more pee drops? I once heard a girl say, if no one ever hovered then no one would ever need to. Is this the root of the problem (and if so, how did the first pee drops get there, assuming it’s a women’s only toilet that no one is wetting intentionally)?

I’ve not really been one for hovering. If i do go in public, which is rare, I may use a small bit of toilet paper to clean the seat before I sit. 
i would suspect that the issue in women’s bathrooms is exactly that, people hovering when there’s really no need to at all 🙂 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 2:05 PM, Sophie said:

Yes! Women hover because the seat is covered in pee, but the seat is covered in pee because they hover!!

If the toilet is visibly clean, I will sit, no matter what I am wearing or how urgent it is. and let's be honest, why would you hover when bursting? It takes milliseconds to descend that extra foot or two.

I bet it feels better to sit if you are bursting.  As soon as your butt makes contact with that seat, you can let go and have the floodgates open!

Soooo many times I've been in the bathroom with my friend girls to pee, public and private bathrooms, and 9/10 they sit right on the toilet seat with no hesitation. Even in unisex bathrooms at bars. Sometimes a quick wipe of the seat but nothing to remove the potential filth. As a male, I would never. When the rare occurrence happens that I have to #2 in public, I wipe and layer the living hell out of the seat. But to each their own, I've never heard of anyone catching a disease off the seat so it's probably not as bad as I make it.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 6:17 PM, Sophie said:

Oh it is just the best feeling ever. As soon as my butt hits the seat I just relax and let it all out. Because I am sitting i don't have to worry about anything. I don't have to aim, I don't have to worry about being caught, I don't even have to worry about what my stream is doing. If it is hitting my thigh or running off my backside that's perfectly fine, it's all going in the toilet and I will clean up afterwards. The only thing that matters at that moment is emptying my poor aching bladder.

I've heard gf's and other acquaintances when they had to go.  That stuff really comes out heavy and fast.  It must be a very satisfying feeling once you are flowing at full force.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am well aware that many women "hover" or squat over public toilets, rather than sitting down on them, when they pee, for reasons of perceived health and safety, because these facilities are often filthy, wet, etc.

On the other hand, I have learned that some women also prefer to hover when they pee in clean facilities, like those in their own homes, or those of their friends. I am wondering how many women prefer this peeing style, and what motivates them? So here is my question:

Do you prefer to hover or squat over conventional Western-style toilets, (with the seat up or down) even when they are very clean, in your own home, for example, rather than sitting all the way down on the seat? If so, why?

7 hours ago, Dr.P said:

Do you prefer to hover or squat over conventional Western-style toilets, (with the seat up or down) even when they are very clean, in your own home, for example, rather than sitting all the way down on the seat? If so, why?

I will answer on behalf of my ex-wife.  She always hovered when peeing. (well it was almost standing).  She said that she could move her body to keep her pee as quiet as possible and also it kept her pussy drier and led to less wiping.

• Like 1

I prefer not to hover because my balance isn't good and my stream is too unpredictable. In the past I've tried to hover over a messy toilet and ended up peeing all over it and the floor. So it I come across a messy bathroom I hold it till I can get to a clean one that I can sit on. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Bacardi said:

I prefer not to hover because my balance isn't good and my stream is too unpredictable. In the past I've tried to hover over a messy toilet and ended up peeing all over it and the floor. So it I come across a messy bathroom I hold it till I can get to a clean one that I can sit on. 

I have always been one of it is already messy.    I will make it more messy.   

13 hours ago, knarf11 said:

I will answer on behalf of my ex-wife.  She always hovered when peeing. (well it was almost standing).  She said that she could move her body to keep her pee as quiet as possible and also it kept her pussy drier and led to less wiping.

Thanks very much for your informative answer, on behalf of your ex-wife. I had thought about the possibility of the drying/wiping issue, depending on details of anatomy, but I had not thought about the sound issue, in this context. One of my gf's would hover very low, over a toilet, producing a flat stream, with a strong hiss. But when she did it outside, "behind a bush," she was almost standing, and it was very quiet. Her only problem, in the latter case, was a small, secondary stream, which would run down her left thigh. I helped her with that by wiping her thigh with t.p., while she continued peeing.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
11 hours ago, Bacardi said:

I understand your situation, and sympathize. I am an older male, with prostate problems, so I have little choice but to use whatever facilities are available.

@knarf11I neglected to mention that your ex-wife made a lot of sense, when she said that hovering kept her pussy drier. A good squat can often separate the lips, so they don't deflect or interfere with the stream, causing it to sprinkle or spray, leaving dribbles where they can't be avoided. Watching her pee must have been very exciting, for you! I'm surprised that she was concerned about the sound of her pee, when she was doing it in a very erotic visual style! 

13 hours ago, Dr.P said:

@knarf11I neglected to mention that your ex-wife made a lot of sense, when she said that hovering kept her pussy drier. A good squat can often separate the lips, so they don't deflect or interfere with the stream, causing it to sprinkle or spray, leaving dribbles where they can't be avoided. Watching her pee must have been very exciting, for you! I'm surprised that she was concerned about the sound of her pee, when she was doing it in a very erotic visual style! 

She did let me watch occasionally, but generally she was very much against me seeing her peeing

I applaud the women that hover. It's a rare occurrence based on my experience. It astonishes me how many women I've witnessed plop right on a public toilet without even wiping it. I have a personal throne in my room and still sanitize the seat before I sit, even if I used it last. Gotta pamper the ass cheeks 🤌

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Pee_punk said:

I applaud the women that hover. It's a rare occurrence based on my experience.

I do, too! It may not be as rare as we males think, especially in public facilities. To me, it is the sexiest style for watching women pee. I use all-gender facilities, in many retail stores, and often see telltale patterns of dribbles on seats and the floor, after women use them.

• 3 months later...