Site Question / Help Can you delete forum posts and replies if you want to? Or are they forever permanent?

There is no general user function to delete a post - people do from time to time edit their posts to remove some or all of the words they're having second thoughts about.   So sometimes you'll see a blank post where that has happened.

Also, I 'think' the edit function is time limited and disappears after a certain time, I think 24 hours.

BUT...   As Staff we're here to help, we can always remove content if required.  Either click 'Report' on the post itself and enter a brief description that you'd like is to remove it for you, or drop one of us a PM with the request if you prefer.  (Staff are here).

The same applies if you see anyone else's content which you think is innapropriate, in the wrong place or breaking site rules. 

• Thanks 1

Just to point out that the time limit on editing posts is removed for Gold members. It's a small additional benefit of Gold membership, but it's one I find myself using (I often find pesky typos in my old posts). And as well as "edit" I can see a "hide" option. Not sure if that's for Gold members only.

Edited by Kupar
Adding extra information
  • Thanks 1