anyone here following the world cup?

Qwertyboy

No.

But then again, I am not that much into football to begin with, so I am not the kind of person who's oppinion about the world cup matters.

Then again, again, considering that the main source of the Quatari legislation is the Sharia law... well.. let's say that my view of the world is not ... compatible enough to consider their justice system just.

My friend just took a trip to Italy (without me 😭) and brought me back a beanie that's Italian flag colors that says 🇮🇹Italia🇮🇹 In one shift at work so many people told me Italy is getting their asses handed to them in the World Cup lol. But I don't follow sports so I have no idea if that's true or not.

1 hour ago, Bacardi said:

My friend just took a trip to Italy (without me 😭) and brought me back a beanie that's Italian flag colors that says 🇮🇹Italia🇮🇹 In one shift at work so many people told me Italy is getting their asses handed to them in the World Cup lol. But I don't follow sports so I have no idea if that's true or not.

As an Italy fan, we aren’t in the WC sadly, didn’t even qualify 😭😭

• Hug 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Ajr972 said:

As an Italy fan, we aren’t in the WC sadly, didn’t even qualify 😭😭

It's not the same without you! But don't be greedy. You are European champions. Congratulations (said through gritted teeth, as an England fan).

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bacardi said:

Italian American you say 👀

Come stai oggi? 💚🤍

Lol I don't speak a lick of Italian (I do want to learn it sometime, as it is a beautiful language), although it was my Dad’s first language. Did get to go to Italy for a little over a week which was a magical experience especially on my birthday, but the only Italian I knew was how to order gelato. An important skill if you ask me, tbh 😉

• Haha 1
On 11/25/2022 at 7:06 PM, Ajr972 said:

Lol I don't speak a lick of Italian (I do want to learn it sometime, as it is a beautiful language), although it was my Dad’s first language. Did get to go to Italy for a little over a week which was a magical experience especially on my birthday, but the only Italian I knew was how to order gelato. An important skill if you ask me, tbh 😉

Still hot. I love all Italians 🤤🤤

• Love 1

I am not a massive football fan but I do tend to follow my national team - England - in major tournaments as and when I can. Have been working for the majority of all the matches England have played so far though but have caught the last 30 mins or so on the radio on the way home.

Although I couldn't actually see it, England's performance against the USA based upon what I was hearing was atrocious, with the USA bombarding the England penalty area with corner after corner. We deserved to lose that one and were lucky to get away with a 0-0 draw. Fortunately, we played well enough for long enough to win the other two matches and head the group. So next up Senegal in the last 16.

Disappointed for Wales but they havent played well and were out of their depth. England is my team though so am glad we beat them 3-0. 

After their failure to secure a deserved win against England, am glad to see the USA scrape through to the last 16. They deserved that but have tough opposition in the form of the Netherlands. England's match against Senegal will be no walk in the park either and will be a tough game to win.

• Like 1

Yes, I follow it as I am a massive football fan. However, I am not supporting anybody and just enjoy the game from a neutral point of view even though my country (The Netherlands) has a decent team and a fantastic manager. 

My true love is my club, I enjoy watching and following that way more than these tournaments. I always miss club football when "Country football" is on. 

As for it being in Qatar, I try to look past that. Ofcourse I really don't agree with the politics of that country or how that got to organise this. But I think that it's way too late for a statement now (should have been done years ago) and I'm at the point that I can seperate the sports from the politics. I enjoy it without guilt. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, JDG said:

my country (The Netherlands) has a decent team and a fantastic manager

Good luck this evening. I will be rooting for you.

(And, gotta love van Gaal. Such a funny man 🙂 

• Agree 1