Site Error / Bug Minor login issue

When I login to PeeFans I am met with an error. I am still signed in and once returning to the homepage everything is fine so it is a minor inconvenience at worst. 

Chrome on my Android tablet. Tried in incognito mode also with the same issue / error code. Have not tried on desktop yet. This is from the homepage so it is not like I am trying to access somewhere I do not have permission to.

Screenshot_20221008-005355.png

Just now, MidoriLemonade85 said:

Do you think maybe your internet connection dropped off momentarily? 

I don't believe it is my internet connection, I can repeat the issue consistently. 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Sophie said:

I don't believe it is my internet connection, I can repeat the issue consistently. 

Hi Sophie.  This error code seems to be a problem with invision software that has been around for many years.   References to it around the web are vague and often unresolved,  but there are some references to incompatibilities of display themes between different versions of the Invision forum software.

I would suggest that you try  clearing any browser cookies you have that relate to the site,  and possibly clearing the browser cache,  then try the login again.   (I am assuming that invision uses cookies to determine your choice of theme,  so clearing them might take you back to the default theme.   It's worth a try anyway.)

Maybe updating the browser on your tablet,  or checking for any browser extensions that are fighting with Invision, could be a useful path for investigation too.

12 hours ago, likesToLick said:

Update:   Another report I looked at suggests this may relate to using your browser to store the site password,  so if you are doing this,  you could try clearing the stored password and entering it manually on the sign on screen.

That appears to be the issue. Typing in my details works fine, but using auto fill causes the error. I don't know why though, I have been doing it this way for years. 

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

That appears to be the issue. Typing in my details works fine, but using auto fill causes the error. I don't know why though, I have been doing it this way for years. 

Sometimes I've found browser password managers get confused and the password is corrupted.  So when it auto fills the password it thinks is right for the site, it's putting in rubbish.  Maybe check what password is saved for the site, and fix it manually in the password manager.

4 minutes ago, Maclir said:

Sometimes I've found browser password managers get confused and the password is corrupted.  So when it auto fills the password it thinks is right for the site, it's putting in rubbish.  Maybe check what password is saved for the site, and fix it manually in the password manager.

Deleted all login details and reentered them using Chrome's built in manager and I am having the same issue. How bizarre! 

Must admit now I've actually looked at the screenshot, I have seen it from time to time when I log in.

In your example, it has signed you in (I guess?) in that it's showing your username and your notifications.

In my case I don't have a stored favourite for PF and don't use password manager - I always browse incognito and type in manually.  So I assumed when it does it's because my Google search and click on a PF page, followed by login had somehow taken me to an invalid page?

9 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Must admit now I've actually looked at the screenshot, I have seen it from time to time when I log in.

In your example, it has signed you in (I guess?) in that it's showing your username and your notifications.

In my case I don't have a stored favourite for PF and don't use password manager - I always browse incognito and type in manually.  So I assumed when it does it's because my Google search and click on a PF page, followed by login had somehow taken me to an invalid page?

I used to browse incognito but then I'd have a issue with login and I would not be able to access my account for 15 minutes. I made a topic about it a while back. 

• Like 1
On 10/8/2022 at 10:28 AM, Sophie said:

When I login to PeeFans I am met with an error. I am still signed in and once returning to the homepage everything is fine so it is a minor inconvenience at worst. 

Chrome on my Android tablet. Tried in incognito mode also with the same issue / error code. Have not tried on desktop yet. This is from the homepage so it is not like I am trying to access somewhere I do not have permission to.

Screenshot_20221008-005355.png

Oh! I had this problem today too. But…. Still able to login.