Bathroom door policy

Hello everyone! I was wondering how you go about your bathroom door when peeing (at least the ones of you who happen to pee somewhere in the bathroom 😜). When I was a kid, my family had a strict closed-door policy. Anyways, as soon as I moved out, I stopped caring about whether the door is open or closed, given that I live alone.

How do you deal with the bathroom door when pissing (- where in the bathroom do you piss, then?)? Do you live alone or share your home with family/roomies/...? Do you behave differently if you have guests over?

At home with my husband and two daughters I will close the bathroom door but I won't lock it. I'm only going for a wee and I'm not too bothered about them accidentally walking in on me but at the same time I still want a little privacy. They usually know if someone has gone upstairs to the loo so it's rare anyone is interrupted. 

If I have guests over then I always lock the door, even if it is someone I have sat on the toilet in front of many times before. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Sophie said:

At home with my husband and two daughters I will close the bathroom door but I won't lock it. I'm only going for a wee and I'm not too bothered about them accidentally walking in on me but at the same time I still want a little privacy. They usually know if someone has gone upstairs to the loo so it's rare anyone is interrupted. 

If I have guests over then I always lock the door, even if it is someone I have sat on the toilet in front of many times before. 

Given that last sentence, I gather that there are quite a few friends you have peed in front of?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Carb0nBased said:

Given that last sentence, I gather that there are quite a few friends you have peed in front of?

I've peed in front of a handful of friends. Either sharing a stall on a night out or just being invited in with them at their house. It's never been anything sexual. Just girls going together. 

We've always had an open door policy for the bathroom. The kids have left home now, but while they were growing up the bathroom door was always open. There would often be one of us in the shower, another cleaning their teeth and a third having a wee while the fourth waited lol. The door was never closed. Even as the kids went through puberty and beyond. They were always relaxed and body positive. 

With guests in the house the rules change and we shut or lock the door. Even with friends.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Totally open in our house where it is usually just my wife and I.   We regularly share the bathroom.   If our (adult) daughter is here then usually push the door towards closed but don't fully close or lock it.   

With other visitors we usually close and lock or at the very least push it towards closed.  I often tend towards the not quite closed in the hope that it might encourage female visitors to do the same so that I can enjoy their sounds.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, MonsterKane46 said:

closed but not locked... live with my 2 sisters.... dont want them knowing i go in the sink or the shower cubicle...when no one home I leave it open

Would they be disgusted or do you simply not know about their opinion? Maybe they even pee in the shower, too

6 hours ago, morty98 said:

Would they be disgusted or do you simply not know about their opinion? Maybe they even pee in the shower, too

I don't know about their reaction for sure but since they usually use and flush toilet before getting in shower I'm pretty sure they DONT pee in the shower

At present, with my wife, son, and I sharing 3 bathrooms, the doors are usually open, while peeing, although my wife will often close the door, if my son is home. He and I do not bother closing the door, for either one, unless guests are present.

In my childhood home, with a mother, father, and 3 sisters, my mother left the door open, virtually always, while peeing, and closed it for #2. My father and I closed the door for peeing and #2, and my 3 sisters commonly left the door open for peeing, and closed it for #2, like my mother.