A scientific experiment

Hi Haley,   Firstly your English is far better than my attempt at any other language, so I wouldn't worry too much.  

Interesting experiment.  Maybe you need to consume a very large amount of the die and not a lot else to make it concentrated in your pee?   I don't know, but just seems that it might be the logical way to improve the results.

Also, for future reference, it might be better to put follow up posts like the above on the same thread as the original comment so that it keeps the flow together and people can easily read the whole story.

Good luck with trying other avenues to achieve blue pee.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Simpfan said:

I don't think I have ever affected my pee color, but I have read that some vitamins can. On the other hand, if I eat a blue-tinted ice cream or licorice jelly beans, my poo will indeed be blue. Very Smurfy. 

Consuming beats  will change the color of your pee. 

• Haha 1

I'm usually just a lurker but I know the answer to this actually.

The dye that turns your pee blue is actually a medical dye. It is called methylphenidate blue (methyline blue for short.)

It can be dangerous to take it often or take too much at once but one normal dose won't do any harm.

I know a story about some guys who were rude to some ladies in a neighboring dorm and so the ladies pranked them by making a huge chocolate cake laced with methyline blue and laxatives. I'm told the blue is actually pretty persistent so when the guys freaked out and sprayed the bathroom paint it stained it instantly and there were blue streaks all over, and it was so strong it came through when they tried to paint over it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1