What's a good, absorbent towel brand?

Hello everyone!

So, it's somehow gonna happen, and a friend of mine is gonna come over to stay for a month next Spring... and, well, I would love to just have my flat turned into an absolute toilet during that time 💛

Sadly, reality tends to get in the way, and I would like to not have everything be covered in stains. Which means we'll have to, at the very least, let go in / on towels.

Hence my question! I'm gonna need to stockpile on very absorbent towels that can handle full force pissing without spilling a drop, and I feel like I'm gonna need some expert recommandations on that front!

Anyone? 👀

There are those who are far more expert than me, but a lot of people seem to swear by puppy pads....   the soft waterproof mats about a metre square which you could put on the floor and then put a thick absorbent bath towel on top of.

That or plastic sheeting and then towels on top of that?

Regardless of how absorbent the towel is, unless you provide multiple layers, some pee is going to go through before it spreads out and is absorbed.  Therefore, I agree that plastic sheeting or puppy pads underneath is a good idea.   I sometimes use a towel folded to be about six layers thick on my leatherette chair.   It still goes through and I still have to wipe the chair, but it is fine because the chair is not absorbent.   So, you either need to use towels on a non-absorbent surface, line the surface with plastic/pad or accept that whatever is underneath is going to get wet.  If you drink plenty and are hydrated then it shouldn't be a great problem if the carpet/chair gets a bit wet and you just rely on the towel to take the main volume.

I don't really know of any particular towel that is more absorbent than any other.

@PaperGold I use something similar to this https://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk/vivactive-washable-bed-pad-blue-with-tuck-in-sides-3000ml-single.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw94WZBhDtARIsAKxWG-8ftmG_WlHITyPNeCd9kaUyItdXRRHdScmyMzhilbv1kEOqVn0dN8gaAsvMEALw_wcB  not for the bed as its not big enough, I put it on the sofa with folded up bath towels on top, does the job well