Queen Elizabeth passed away

axlerod_m

I had to hear about this second hand at work. I thought, "No way, that woman is immortal. She just can't die" and here I am reading all the news about it. My condolences to the U.K., its truly the end of an era. I personally believe that she outlived the crown itself because what does the crown mean to the people of England now anyways?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's going to take some time to get used to 'His Majesty' and 'God Save The King'.   I was a fairly young kid at primary school when we celebrated the Silver Jubilee, for the vast majority of us we've never known another Monarch.

The establishment has had its dark days, its scandals and its haters - but it seems there are still enough willing for that institution to continue.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Peenicks said:

I'm part Irish so I'm morally obligated to have a party today

20220908_140820.jpg

You want to party over the death of a 96 year old lady, a mother, grandmother and great grandmother to her family, who on a personal level are all distraught with grief at the moment. 

FB_IMG_1662703655135.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Moderating this site is always difficult - especially when the easy course of action would be just to remove comments - but that would be a direct act of censorship and a removal of freedom of speech.

We all have our own perceptions of the British Royal Family, some based on what we may have read in the media (reputable or otherwise), others will have served in Her Majesty's forces or maybe received the benefits of the Prince's Trust or Duke of Edinburgh's Awards.  There will be those whose families have suffered at the hands of our royal ancestors' and their quest to expand The British Empire.   Those who have negative views as well as those positives.

Together as the Peefans Family we are a community. We're made of individuals and enjoy free will and freedom of speech - within site rules.

Please all ensure that everything you post meets the standards expected -   Please consider and respect the views of others, We do not allow any abuse towards other members or groups, Don't argue with other members and of course Try to leave the site in a better way than you found it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1