Will climate change drive more outdoor peeing?

I'm not sure about peeing outside, but I know a lot of environmentally conscious people sing the praises of peeing in the shower. Women especially, because not only is it convenient (saves a step in the morning), it saves a flush, and saves toilet paper as well. It's win-win. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, LickerLover said:

I have thought about this with the drought in the southwest.

I have thought they should have public campaigns encouraging  backyard peeing. To heck with low flow toilets- just pee outside and save all the water for more important needs.

Also save on energy bills by just being naked at home! 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, LickerLover said:

I have thought about this with the drought in the southwest.

I have thought they should have public campaigns encouraging  backyard peeing. To heck with low flow toilets- just pee outside and save all the water for more important needs.

that's 2 important items solved with one solution...by peeing outside in your backyard you're conserving your own energy by not having to go inside to piss, and you're doing your part in the water conservation issue...and a bonus too, you're watering the grass, and maybe giving a drink to that tree or bush, too!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

Also save on energy bills by just being naked at home! 

(Wildlife documentary narrator) The futa, in her natural habitat. Observe how her large swinging dick acts as a heat sink, much like the ears of an elephant, maintaining comfortable body temperature without the need for excessive (and unladylike)* perspiration, or excessive use of mechanical cooling systems

* satire relating to wildlife documentaries casually apply human gender stereotypes to nonhuman** animals

** futas, naturally, count as human

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Havelock said:

“yes, we all need to pee outside more. Just don’t always go in the same place or the nitrogen will burn the plants.”

I tried to act uninterested but my mind was immediately racing. Was this very attractive woman taking her own advice? Is she trying to pee outside as much as possible? 

She’d discovered that some plants don’t like too much nitrogen somehow

Organic farmers and gardeners have been pee as fertiliser or on compost for a long time. If they’re a bit hippyish I’d not be at all surprised if they’ve been pissing in the backyard forever.

I can’t see that spraying it by a random tree is going to help with the fertiliser shortage, though obviously you save on the fresh water you might have needed to flush a toilet if you’d peed in a bathroom, as well as whatever energy would have been needed to purify the water and then pump the sewage away afterwards

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oliver2 said:

I can’t see that spraying it by a random tree is going to help with the fertiliser shortage, though obviously you save on the fresh water you might have needed to flush a toilet if you’d peed in a bathroom, as well as whatever energy would have been needed to purify the water and then pump the sewage away afterwards

Yeah, I did not want to argue with the fertilizer rational. If that idea makes her pee outside more, I'm not arguing. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Havelock said:

It's funny that this whole article talks about the benefits of pee as a fertilizer without addressing the obvious question of why we shouldn't just pee outside on plants. 

It does say

Gardeners often use urine as fertilizer, and Noe-Hays said it works wonders from his personal experience

Peeing outside on plants prevents any water pollution downstream of the sewage system, but doesn’t get the nutrients from your piss to farms to grow food. Pissing (in the right concentration, etc) on your vegetable garden is a small-scale way of doing the sort of thing they’re talking about

16 hours ago, Havelock said:

It's funny that this whole article talks about the benefits of pee as a fertilizer without addressing the obvious question of why we shouldn't just pee outside on plants. 

Unfortunately plants suffer from nitrogen burn from human pee. 

However in searching for a source to confirm this I came upon this article with some good tips on the subject.

https://goveganic.net/article217.html#:~:text=Adding too much urine can,patches where the dog pees.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, Foobar said:

"Some of that water winds up into the toilet bowl, where it sits until we turn it yellow. Then we flush it with more water that went through the whole process. Finally it goes to the sewage treatment plant where they clean it before dumping it back in the river."

I've heard or read that the average toilet uses about 1 gallon of fresh water per flush, not sure how accurate that is, and then we pee in it, maybe several ounces (?), flush that down, another gallon fills the tank, and we repeat that several times a day...?  What a waste of fresh clean water. If even only the menfolk (or women If they so choose) would begin to do their pissing in the garden or yard, or somewhere else of their choosing, we would be conserving so much of that precious fresh water. All of you who agree, start your own  conservation efforts right now.  I have.

Edited by Johnboy777
spelling
  • Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Idk if this will be a driver but anyone in the mountains/southwest DEFINITELY needs to consider pissing outside. Especially you, California.

I'm imagining pee-related technologies like indoor grass you can pee on. I imagine having houses fitted with some kind of tank that takes the nitrogen in the pee and mixes it with water to remove the waste factor, leaving nitrogen rich water that get irrigated into your soil for a good garden or something like that. I would pee outside all the time if it meant healthier fruits and vegetables, I just can't do maintenance on plants.