Anyone on here into programming?

pguy2981

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for responding to this, guys.  I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner since I don't get notifications for this chat. I did solve it though, but I introduced more bugs I need to touch upon today. The two projects I have are in node.js and golang. I'm sure I'll think of something, I appreciate you guys trying to help!

On 9/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, GenericUsername said:

I wish. Tried computer science and programming just didn’t agree with me.

I did too, and I learned I don't do classes well. I'm better off with those self-directed Coursera-type courses that you see on boot.dev, opencourseware.mit.edu, and Udemy.

On 9/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, Pontepee said:

Post the problems. I may be able to help. 

I do have new problems. The old ones have been solved already but I could seriously use the assistance. DM me if you're still interested and I'll post the problems there. It's early morning where I am so I'm gonna prioritize exercise first.

7 minutes ago, pguy2981 said:

@gldenwetgooseis there a reason we do not get notifications for anything in the general chat?

I just happened to be online and got a notification of your post - so it's not something global I guess.

At the top of this topic do you have the 'follow' box ?   I'm on the desktop browser and it looks like this:

1212599051_Screenshot2022-09-30at11_38_29.thumb.png.6fbaaf396b5f9ff7e767f6e51bf2c4d5.png 

Other than that, I don't know if it's one for @Admin  ???

1 minute ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I just happened to be online and got a notification of your post - so it's not something global I guess.

At the top of this topic do you have the 'follow' box ?   I'm on the desktop browser and it looks like this:

1212599051_Screenshot2022-09-30at11_38_29.thumb.png.6fbaaf396b5f9ff7e767f6e51bf2c4d5.png 

We have to click follow

1 minute ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Thats strange. I never click follow for any other posts and still get notifications. Probably a question for admin I guess.

13 hours ago, WaterBoiPNW said:

Hope im not too late to the post, but I do! I work with kotlin and rust mostly but I've touched c++, python, go and others 😛

No, you're right on time. I'm just wondering how to give you the full repo without outing my real name, since my real name is on my github.

7 hours ago, pguy2981 said:

No, you're right on time. I'm just wondering how to give you the full repo without outing my real name, since my real name is on my github.

Well, worst comes to worst you could dm here about what your working on. I'm doing a bit of my own stuff so I won't be to donate too many brain cells, but I can definitely help with what I know 🙂