The most instinctive female peeing position

Have you ever wondered how females peed before clothing came along to obstruct their streams? I assume that males have always peed the same way. But what position do you think is the most natural way for a woman to pee? Is there one universally instinctive technique? Or do you think it depends on individual urethral angle or another factor like that?

Edited by Takashi96
Clarity.

I can't say about women/girls, but I would caution you not to assume that males standing to pee is "instinctive" in the sense of somehow genetically hardwired. Keep in mind that voluntarily controlling peeing is a learned habit that must be taught (sometimes with quite some trial and error) to children, and also that while walking itself is partly instinctive, an important part of it is also learned after quite some time of living (and regularly peeing). So peeing starts out as something that "just happens", and nobody starts out peeing when he or she is already standing up and walking around! There are also some of us males who spent a great deal of our early lives sitting down to pee, because that's how we were potty trained. 

In the absence of potty training, I'd imagine that most if not all humans would eventually learn to exert at least some voluntary control over urination in order to postpone it to when it's convenient, and part of that involves also learning what posture makes the least mess, as well as allows relaxing the muscles the most comfortably. However, I suspect this is just a trial and error process that everyone would go through.

I know we humans are different from other animals, but comparing across species can sometimes be helpful. I read somewhere that the thing of male dogs "lifting a leg" is not instinctive, it's only something dogs do after seeing other dogs doing it. Considering that more of dog behavior is genetically determined than human behavior, it would be rather surprising if humans didn't learn this way too.

I'm going to make a suggestion here...  that I be the last male to contribute to this thread.

I've just received ANOTHER complaint from a lady of the forum.  As we all know our lady friends are a relatively small part of the membership, we'd like to boost their numbers rather than driving them away.

Idk how to explain it but I'm tired of feeling like the subject of science experiments every time I log onto here. 

Yeah last night I went to bed early cause I had a headache and saw that post about how girls peed before clothes and going into speculation about urethra angle and shit. I'm just tired of it. Why does it matter and why do you wanna know so bad??? My headache got worse

So many times now I've emphasised and re-emphasised that the ladies of this community are repeatedly getting p&&&ed off with mansplaining as to how they pee, what they should do, why they should change a lifetime's experience.  You're technically probably not breaking site rules by asking the questions - other than the Consider and Respect the views of others - but you are making other people unhappy to be here.

So - no more bloke answers.   It's a question about ladies' peeing....    If any ladies want to venture an opinion then great.   And if they don't then accept it.

Deal ?

• Agree 3
13 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I'm going to make a suggestion here...  that I be the last male to contribute to this thread.

I've just received ANOTHER complaint from a lady of the forum.  As we all know our lady friends are a relatively small part of the membership, we'd like to boost their numbers rather than driving them away.

So many times now I've emphasised and re-emphasised that the ladies of this community are repeatedly getting p&&&ed off with mansplaining as to how they pee, what they should do, why they should change a lifetime's experience.  You're technically probably not breaking site rules by asking the questions - other than the Consider and Respect the views of others - but you are making other people unhappy to be here.

So - no more bloke answers.   It's a question about ladies' peeing....    If any ladies want to venture an opinion then great.   And if they don't then accept it.

Deal ?

TL:DR; You are, with all good intent, mansplaining mansplaining following a woman, with all good intent, (wo)mansplaining to you that curiosity has no place on a forum and thus she, indirectly, (wo)mansplained away every other woman’s volition. 

…I’m going to make a suggestion that will probably prompt another complaint from the woman; she can just skip those posts or even block content from those members.  The entire point of a forum is to have discussions about things.

Frankly, there are a good deal of posts on here that make me ill at ease because, from my perspective, they seem to celebrate generational abuse. Bummer for me, but they are discussions that other people with similar experiences want to have. Since they are not celebrating current abuse, I scroll past them. I mean…it’s the Internet. 

I appreciate you trying to make sure women are comfortable here, but I also want to point out my own complaint (which is admittedly hypocritical because I could just scroll past too; I’m choosing to engage).

As a lifelong owner of my very own vagina with anatomy that may impact my urinary stream (urethra length, bladder real estate taken up by a uterus, even cyclical water retention) as well as personally identifying as a woman, I can honestly say I find nothing even remotely upsetting about this post. In fact, this is a confusing complaint. 

Nothing exists in a vacuum and what experiences a person has had will impact their perspectives. Perhaps the women you’re hearing from have had experiences that make them more sensitive than I am to discussions about women as a general topic. Maybe it’s cultural? Or something else? Regardless, it is not possible for all members of a group to always approve or disapprove of the same content. And, ultimately, this post is not asking to establish or support any bias (like the preferred race question posted elsewhere). It’s just a sociological curiosity that someone tossed out for like-minded people to weigh in on.

I feel that it is safe to assume curiosity about the anatomical and procedural differences played a part in the formation of this fetish for quite a few forum members.

For that reason, it is quite appropriate (in my view) for people to ask questions like this one. And, moreover, no one is forced to answer, it is not encouraging  abuse or anything ethically questionable, and it does not attempt to rank people based on a demographic. What’s the issue?

———

I initially was not going to weigh in on this question because I didn’t have an opinion, but after the implication that this is somehow offensive, I got stubborn. 

I think it probably depended on several factors. Social norms probably varied in different groups and may have been impacted by factors such as lifestyle (nomadic or settled), terrain, weather, body type, etc. 

If we work from the assumption that this question hopes to predate social norms, I think it would vary person by person based on what was easiest for them. Take dogs as an example (no I’m not paralleling women to dogs). Male dogs famously lift a leg and female dogs stereotypically squat. But I’ve owned male dogs that squat to pee, a female dog who tried to pee against things but never quite got the leg up far enough, and I’ve seen videos of a dog that walks on its hind legs while peeing. And that doesn’t even begin to address social reasons for the dogs (territory, submission, etc). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
15 hours ago, InsertName said:

…I’m going to make a suggestion that will probably prompt another complaint from the woman; she can just skip those posts or even block content from those members.  The entire point of a forum is to have discussions about things.

Frankly, there are a good deal of posts on here that make me ill at ease because, from my perspective, they seem to celebrate generational abuse. Bummer for me, but they are discussions that other people with similar experiences want to have. Since they are not celebrating current abuse, I scroll past them. I mean…it’s the Internet. 

You're absolutely correct @InsertName - it is perfectly possible to just scroll on by.   And there's a very fine line between moderating a site and censoring freedom of speech.

I'll also concede that this is a relatively benign original thread, and can see how you may well not see the issue.  Fact is that the concern goes back way further than your time of membership.  We have a small number of (male) members who seem to struggle understanding that, as you've said, you are a life-long owner of anatomy that affects your stream.  Male members who seem to want to explain all the ins and outs, of how, what, where and when a labia owner should be doing.  As I say, this post is relatively benign but it is one of many posts from these same individuals - and collectively surely you can see the wearying nature of that.

As staff we are in the business of trying to make sure this is a happy and harmonious place.  I wasn't going to respond further, but actually I've been messaged by another lady member of the community - so whilst I'm very pleased that you're ok - others have an issue and my words stand. 

25 minutes ago, ukpeegirl86 said:

I always wonder when men pee - do they aim at one target on the wall, or do they like to aim up and down, side to side to soak a greater area? 

I'm not going to draw things off topic here - but if you wanted to post that question separately I'd happily contribute an answer.

• Like 1
On 9/4/2022 at 3:30 AM, ukpeegirl86 said:

As a woman I don’t see the issue with the post and I am happy to answer - curiosity is healthy and normal when someone else owns body parts that you don’t. I always wonder when men pee - do they aim at one target on the wall, or do they like to aim up and down, side to side to soak a greater area? It’s human nature to wonder and as a woman I take no offence at all. 

To answer the question I think it’s likely we’d still have squatted as in my experience it’s the easiest way to avoid wet legs and feet. Looking in nature, animals adopt a position which avoids wetting their fur so I’d assume that even primitively we’d have done the same, not necessarily to avoid dirtying ourselves as hygiene in primitive times was likely not a consideration, but just to avoid the feeling of being wet. 

Thank you! I love that answer! It was enlightening in precisely the way I was hoping for. 

In case you were curious, this was something I'd wondered about since one night goofy night in high school.  When I witnessed two female friends explain to a male friend that "all girls pee in the shower because it's the easiest place for us to pee." With the other friend commenting "yes, girls do pee standing up."

It was a classic example of late night stoned teenage Denny's conversation from the pre-internet era. Still, I didn't ask any follow up questions because I didn't want to come across like some kind of weirdo with a pee fetish. Which is exactly what I later became. Still, the way they described shower peeing as the "easiest for place for girls to pee" was confusing. I didn't understand if it was the easiest place to pee because of the water or because they weren't wearing clothes?

Since then I've seen numerous women pee standing up as naturally as guys do. And that made me wonder if squatting to pee came about as a result of wearing clothes? It wasn't like a huge burning question. But I'd think about it every once in a while if I saw a picture of naked cave people. Or a video or picture of a casual naked standing pee. Anyway, I never asked the question out loud because I like being able to move about in public without people shuttering their doors at the sight of me. But since joining this accepting community of different  types of pee freaks, I've felt like I was finally free to ask any weird pee question I've ever had without fear of being ostracized or ridiculed.

So the other night I was reading, trying to get tired enough to sleep. And I ran across some prehistoric themed fantasy art. And that reminded me of my old question. So I posted it and went to bed hoping I'd inspire some fun hypotheses from users who pee from vaginas. 

In answer to your quiry, I actually do both. The way I choose to mark my targets usually depends on the surface, my mood, and how much I have in the tank. I don't want to veer off target/topic here. But, I will happily expand on my answer, and any other question you have about how I (or any other penis users I have witnessed) do it.