Feedback / Idea Expanding the "Prefix" System

It's come to my attention that some of the showrunners here at Peefans have been looking for a way to make categories like pee photos, pee videos, and pee stories more gender neutral. My solution is something fairly simple and already integrated into the site, hell it's right next to the title of this post: prefixes.

I think expanding the prefix system so it is able to be used under all of the Wet Zone categories (albeit perhaps optionally) would help alleviate this issue by allowing people to put prefixes regarding gender on their posts (men, women, non-binary, gender-queer, etc.). If people are worried about this convergence burying content of a certain gender, then I'd also propose an addition to the "Sort By" feature which filters content by its prefixes. As such everyone can easily find all the content they wish to see under one unified category.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this cuz I'm genuinely curious how people would feel about this change. I think the only complication in implementing this system would be having mods or users to retroactively fit topic posts with the correct prefix. But honestly I think that's a relatively minor issue compared to the help this would have in streamlining the site for accessibility and inclusivity

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity I checked out Omorashi for the first time recently and found that not only do they have a system like this in place where you can put gendered prefixes on posts, but they also have a dedicated tags system! Hell, you can even search for posts based on certain tags. I didn't realize before how similar that site's layout was to PeeFans, go figure.

But yeah, if you're looking for a successful implementation of a system like this, look to Omorashi