Diving down into a new world

• 2 months later...

Over the last few weeks, I was developing an idea for continuing the story on John diving down into Laura's world. Looking forward to your opinions.

Reading pt. 1 is strongly suggested in advance!

=====================================================

Spending time with Laura changed me. Was I overthinking my life? Was it just her style rubbing off on me? I don't know. Never ever would 18-year-old me have guessed he wore ripped jeans and oversized black t-shirts a few years later.

Anyways, fall came and with it did the exam phase at our university. Laura and I got along very well, personally, so it suggested itself that we prepared our exams together whenever we had the same one to study for. We would meet at the library, spend our lunch break together at the canteen, struggle on until the late evening getting all the formulas and theories into our minds. Every. Day. I don't know whether I would have managed this alone. With Laura and me motivating each other, a lot more seemed possible to us. Nonetheless, it was an intense workload for everyone. You could tell it. As I can't concentrate well when having eaten too much, I would lose a few kilograms of my bodyweight over the exams. Laura, magically, used to keep her attractive shape. With her, you could best take notice of the stress by how rapid her pack of cigarettes depleted...

We were a good team, as we passed four of the five exams we attempted. Could (and would) have been a lot worse. After the last exam results were published, I decided we needed to celebrate our success. Making my way to Laura's air raid bunker, I walked past a grocery store and picked up a sixpack of beers. Her favorite brand, of course. I wanted to surprise her and say thank you for the support. When I arrived at her place, she actually managed to surprise (or even shock) me again. Having went there together with her every time I visited before, she used to open the door with her key. This time, I rang the doorbell - which isn't really a doorbell, but a giant marine horn honking the living shit out of you. How lucky was I not to drop the beers... Laura-style. Should've known better.

She appeared happily surprised to see me, storming out of the door and hugging me right away, giving me a hard time to keep hold of the beers for the second time straight...

"So good to see you outside of the damned university, now that we're free people again!" she cheered. "Definitely!", i answered. "Look what I brought. You got time for a few beers?" - "What kind of question is that? Come on in!" I did as I was commanded, following her to her room. She was wearing a knee-long, black skirt with a frayed hemline, a purple tank top with metal appliqués and a black leather jacket.

Walking through the rock band rehearsal room part of the bunker, I could not resist to tease her a little bit: "You're lucky you're getting a beer tonight. Almost dropped them when your doorbell went off..." She lauged, skillfully throwing her long red hair over her left shoulder and turning her head over to me at the same time: "I still need to hear it when the music's playing properly, don't I?" Why did I even ask...

We arrived at her room door, when she suddenly hesitated, almost winced. I noticed that right away: "What's the matter?" - "Eeeeh... I just thought I forgot something." - Her behavior seemed different and unknown to me. Having known Laura for a few months now, I never saw her think of doing things twice. "Must be nothing" I completed her sentence in the way I thought she would, while grabbing the door handle. I immediately was proven wrong, when she blushed noticeably. It can't be nothing.

After all, I decided to step inside. Laura weaseled in behind me. The stereo was blasting "One for the razorbacks" by Green Day. They've become one of my favourite bands thanks to Laura, who was still stepping nervously from one foot to the other. For a second, I thought I could hear her heartbeat over the music.

I put the beers onto the table and threw myself on Laura's bed like I used to every time when visiting her. Laura's breath stopped, she suddenly jumped towards me as if she wanted to keep me away from the bed... and then I noticed, why. Slowly but surely, I started to feel a cold wetness on my lower back that was creeping up to my shoulders, then taking to my arms and hands. Given my experiences from the first time I was in this very chamber, I could put one and one together... and a moment of quietness filled the room, even tough Billy Joe Armstrong was still singing: "...Well, look this direction - I know it's not perfection, it's just me - I wanna bring you up again, now..."

"I think I have something to explain", Laura broke her silence. "You know, you once told me I smoked way too much during the exams, and guess what? You're right. But it is a minute of freedom for me every time between all the studying, and I need a ventile for the stress. But then, I mean it's weird, but... I found another ventile."
"Like what?" I stammered.
"You will just have noticed. You know I'm not shy about my body functions... and... fuck it. I found out I just love pissing in my bed, sleeping on the soaked matress and under the moist sheets. There, now I said it."

Billy Joe Armstrong took over once again: "...I know I am crazy - And a bit lazy, but I will try - To bring you up again, somehow..."

I still hadn't moved from Laura's pissy bed. "Honestly, I expected you to jump up and run off now", she surprisedly remarked. I was not thinking of this. So for the next chorus, I joined into Billy Joe's lyrics and sang along:

"Cause I'm losing what's left of my dignity
A small price I'll pay to see that you're happy
Forget all the disappointments you have faced
Open up your worried world, and let me in"

More I did not have to say. A tear ran down Laura's cheek, and that glance in her eyes that I fell in love with was there again. She wrapped her arms around me, once again, and this time started to kiss me passionately on my lips.

After a while, I directed her to take a seat beside me on the bed, grabbed two of the beer bottles on the table, opened them with her lighter that I found nearby. I handed a bottle over to her, placed my arm around her shoulder. She took a sip, then rested her head on my chest. We sat there, in the puddle, and silently listented to the stereo for what felt like merely a second and an eternity all at once.

• Love 2