Gotah - Ask me anything

Gotah

2 hours ago, Kupar said:

Ooh! I get to be first!

How long does it take you to draw a picture such as those you post on this site in your stories or other threads?

It depends. Usually the ones for the stories are done much faster since I don't spend time looking for reference pictures online and the artstyle is also very simple and sometimes a bit rushed. It usually takes about a total 20 to 30 minutes to go from a blank page to a finished piece.

For all of my non story related illustrations, where I focus on only a single drawing, I definetly spend at least an hour if front of the computer.ย 

14 minutes ago, Gotah said:

It depends. Usually the ones for the stories are done much faster since I don't spend time looking for reference pictures online and the artstyle is also very simple and sometimes a bit rushed. It usually takes about a total 20 to 30 minutes to go from a blank page to a finished piece.

For all of my non story related illustrations, where I focus on only a single drawing, I definetly spend at least an hour if front of the computer.ย 

Thanks - that's a really interesting insight into the creative process ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

One from me...ย  ย  A lot of people can relate to one music album or song that defined a key part of their life - maybe the first album ever bought, or a song that was top of the charts at a particularly special time in your younger life.ย  Maybe just a piece of music with particularly meaningful lyrics for you.

Do you have such a thing - or more than one example, and would you care to share what it is and why?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

One from me...ย  ย  A lot of people can relate to one music album or song that defined a key part of their life - maybe the first album ever bought, or a song that was top of the charts at a particularly special time in your younger life.ย  Maybe just a piece of music with particularly meaningful lyrics for you.

Do you have such a thing - or more than one example, and would you care to share what it is and why?

That's a good question!

The first thing that came to mind when I read it was Bruce Springsteen's "Born to run" album. I bought the CD a few years ago in Camden Town during a four day trip to London with my family. I'm a big Springsteen fan and I just had to have it, even though I barely listen to CD's in this youtube and spotify era. In fact this was the first (and so far only) album I ever bought.

I guess the reason why I wanted it was because there are so many songs on the record that are not only great to listen to but also have lyrics where I could somehow relate to during that particular time in my life. I was pretty much fresh out of highschool then and struggling to find not only meaning in my life but also a path that I could follow, I think we've all been through that at some point, and Springsteen probably too since many of his songs in 'Born to run' tackle this particular 'issue'.

And speaking of though times, there's a guitar song out there called "Rylynn" by Andy Mckee. A beautifully calming melody that helped me overcome my highschool depressions back in the day. I don't listen to it as much anymore since part of it's magic got lost over the years unfortunately but I will forever have a special connection to this song until the end of my days.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gotah said:

That's a good question!

The first thing that came to mind when I read it was Bruce Springsteen's "Born to run" album. I bought the CD a few years ago in Camden Town during a four day trip to London with my family. I'm a big Springsteen fan and I just had to have it, even though I barely listen to CD's in this youtube and spotify era. In fact this was the first (and so far only) album I ever bought.

I guess the reason why I wanted it was because there are so many songs on the record that are not only great to listen to but also have lyrics where I could somehow relate to during that particular time in my life. I was pretty much fresh out of highschool then and struggling to find not only meaning in my life but also a path that I could follow, I think we've all been through that at some point, and Springsteen probably too since many of his songs in 'Born to run' tackle this particular 'issue'.

And speaking of though times, there's a guitar song out there called "Rylynn" by Andy Mckee. A beautifully calming melody that helped me overcome my highschool depressions back in the day. I don't listen to it as much anymore since part of it's magic got lost over the years unfortunately but I will forever have a special connection to this song until the end of my days.

Thanks for this typically thoughtful answer @Gotah

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1