Urethra angle and the pee angle of women.

14 hours ago, AbbyPeePrincess said:

2. 2 plus me so 3

3. They where full squats

4. I gave a quick glance to my side and saw them peeing 

5. Well the Chinese woman who was next to me who was like 25 have a forward stream

you said that a Chinese woman squat next to you. is this mean that the toilets do not have partitions? how about the third woman? can you describe her age or what her stream angle look like?

Edited by kitty and mimi
On 12/8/2022 at 7:54 PM, AbbyPeePrincess said:

my aunt who lives China was Impressed how forward my stream was. My cousin is very jealous because her stream goes downwards when I was using the squat toilets over there in china

do your aunt and cousin also pee in full squat position?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 9:24 AM, AbbyPeePrincess said:

My stream is also pretty forward my aunt who lives China was Impressed how forward my stream was. My cousin is very jealous because her stream goes downwards when I was using the squat toilets over there in china one girl around my complement my stream 

Great information. Love to know women's idea about pee subject. If the stream of any woman is more forward and shooting far, she can pee while standing easily.

• Like 1
On 12/9/2022 at 9:15 AM, kitty and mimi said:

there are Chinese women discuss their peeing experience in ladies room on Chinese internet forums. they are not afraid to discuss their stream. they observe the stream of their friends or coworkers inside the open bathroom and discuss on internet.

a example below is a page from a Chinese forum:

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/23310965

the Chinese women discuss how common for them to peed their shoe when using squat toilet. one of them said that the place she live in have no western toilet or stall. they only have open squat toilet. she observe other women's stream and found out that other women aim their stream very accurately, while she was bad at aim when she pee in squat toilet.

another page below is a thread posted by another Chinese woman in another Chinese forum. She is a downward pee-er. whenever she go to bathroom with her female coworkers, she was jealous because all of her coworkers she saw have forward stream.

https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/281955295.html?qbpn=2_3&tx=&word=女人小便时,尿很有冲力的吗,还是慢慢流出来的?&fr=newsearchlist

google translation: https://zhidao-baidu-com.translate.goog/question/281955295.html?qbpn=2_3&tx&word=女人小便时,尿很有冲力的吗,还是慢慢流出来的?&fr=newsearchlist&_x_tr_sl=zh-CN&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

I visited the links, need to translate.

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2022 at 7:15 PM, Dr.P said:
On 10/15/2022 at 11:37 AM, Havelock said:

Do you think your wife is more open squatting to pee / peeing outside because she is from China?

she has been conditioned to use indoor, Western style facilities, over a lifetime. She has a profound dislike of dirty indoor facilities, and has had bad dreams about them, on many occasions.

I found a funny story on Chinese internet that there was a Chinese man went on a blind date with a woman. when they talk to each other for the first time, they could get along,but the man didn’t expect the woman to say that it was inconvenient for her to pee while squatting.  the man drove the woman away as soon as she said that it was inconvenient for her to squat to pee. it mean that Chinese men prefer women who squat to pee over those who sit. I am not sure if this story is real or not. there are many video skits on the internet that reenact different versions of this story.

https://www.360kuai.com/pc/93b6870326b539abf?sign=360_c9d79732&tag_kuaizixun=自制

https://tv.sohu.com/v/dXMvMTczNjg3OTc5Lzg4MzEwMDQ0LnNodG1s.html

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1s441167rX/?vd_source=626323ad32e644d8224020804e335069

https://www.sohu.com/a/337798929_120282583

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV164411r7MG/?vd_source=626323ad32e644d8224020804e335069

https://ishare.ifeng.com/c/s/7pYZaXH1U8w

another webpage below is a thread in a Taiwanese forum written by a Taiwanese woman.her boyfriend wanted to break up with her just because she could not hover to pee.

it was during the pandemic, her boyfriend feel that if she go to public bathroom without squat toilet, she should learn to pee in semi squat position on western toilet. although she tried that before, it sprayed everywhere and make mess the toilet seat.

https://www.dcard.tw/f/relationship/p/235625379

I saw a Chinese webpage use a disrespectful term 肉便器 (slut) to refer to Chinese women who have habit of  sitting down to pee in public bathroom. those Chinese men seem to believe that women who sitting down on public toilet while peeing  symbolize promiscuity and sexual infidelity. hovering while peeing in public toilet symbolize sexual purity and fidelity.it consider the habit of sitting down to pee on dirty toilet seat in public bathroom is akin to promiscuity,because too many women have sat on the western toilets. just like women who have sex with many men, who already have sex with many women, are likely to be infect with sexual transmitted disease,women who have habit to sit down to pee in public bathroom that many women have sat on will likely to infected with disease.  those men seem to believe that women who are faithful to her husband should only sit on the toilet while peeing at home, and they should hover to pee in public toilet, or hold their pee until they arrive home.women who don't want to hold their bladder, don't want to hover, feel that sitting on public toilet is more convenient to relieve,willing to sit down on dirty toilet seats to relieve their bladder, are like those who don't want to control their sexual desire, and willing to have sex with any men to relieve their sexual drive. women who have sat on many different toilets in public places (like movie theaters, shopping mall, restaurant and such)  are considered likely to relief their sexual drives in the same way that they relief their bladder, with the men whoever they met without fear of sexual transmit disease, just like relief their bladder on public toilet where ever they went without fear of transmit disease. women who sit down to pee only if they were at home, while hover to pee in public, are consider to be more faithful to their husband.

I feel it is very interesting if Chinese men do pay attention to the peeing posture that their wife use in public bathroom because they will probably  never been able to see it personally in a gender segregation bathroom environment. it will be even more interesting if those Chinese women really pee in a position that their husband expect them to do, since they never need to worry about being seen by their husband inside ladies room.

Edited by kitty and mimi
1 hour ago, kitty and mimi said:

it was during the pandemic, her boyfriend feel that if she go to public bathroom without squat toilet, she should learn to pee in semi squat position on western toilet. although she tried that before, it sprayed everywhere and make mess the toilet seat.

I saw a Chinese webpage use a disrespectful term 肉便器 (slut) to refer to Chinese women who have habit of  sitting down to pee in public bathroom. those Chinese men seem to believe that women who sitting down on public toilet while peeing  symbolize promiscuity and sexual infidelity. hovering while peeing in public toilet symbolize sexual purity and fidelity.it consider the habit of sitting down to pee on dirty toilet seat in public bathroom is akin to promiscuity,because too many women have sat on the western toilets. just like women who have sex with many men, who already have sex with many women, are likely to be infect with sexual transmitted disease,women who have habit to sit down to pee in public bathroom that many women have sat on will likely to infected with disease.  those men seem to believe that women who are faithful to her husband should only sit on the toilet while peeing at home, and they should hover to pee in public toilet, or hold their pee until they arrive home.women who don't want to hold their bladder, don't want to hover, feel that sitting on public toilet is more convenient to relieve,willing to sit down on dirty toilet seats to relieve their bladder, are like those who don't want to control their sexual desire, and willing to have sex with any men to relieve their sexual drive. women who have sat on many different toilets in public places (like movie theaters, shopping mall, restaurant and such)  are considered likely to relief their sexual drives in the same way that they relief their bladder, with the men whoever they met without fear of sexual transmit disease, just like relief their bladder on public toilet where ever they went without fear of transmit disease. women who sit down to pee only if they were at home, while hover to pee in public, are consider to be more faithful to their husband.

I feel it is very interesting if Chinese men do pay attention to the peeing posture that their partners use in public bathroom because they will probably  never been able to see it personally in a gender segregation bathroom environment. it will be even more interesting if those Chinese women really pee in a position that their husband expect them to do, since they never need to worry about being seen by their husband inside ladies room.

Very interesting psychology attributed to Chinese men, if true. I think that Western men's views may be different. When using presumably clean Western toilets at home, women can sit down, be comfortable, neat, clean, very modest, and private, when seen by other women, or even by men. When using public facilities, some of these women may hover, to avoid contact with perceived filth, but sacrifice some privacy and neatness, if they tend to spray, when hovering. Or they may use paper seat covers, or sit directly on the seats, after wiping them. This practice is far less common, because it is a hassle.

Watching a woman hover and spray when she pees, can be a very sexy, arousing experience, for a man who is lucky enough to see one, as compared to a woman sitting down on a toilet, especially if she keeps her legs together, as many Western women do. Women who hover, habitually, are usually those who use public toilets very often, almost exclusively, like single, career women, actresses, waitresses, and secretaries, rather than women who spend most of their days at home. They may be more accustomed to the increased visibility and messiness associated with their hovering pee styles, and take it in stride. So Western men may perceive them as more comfortable with nudity and messiness, or more slutty. If they insist on sitting down on public toilets, they may be viewed as excessively concerned with privacy and/or messiness, rather than promiscuity.

21 hours ago, Dr.P said:

Watching a woman hover and spray when she pees, can be a very sexy, arousing experience..............Women who hover, habitually, are usually those who use public toilets very often, almost exclusively, like single, career women, actresses, waitresses, and secretaries, rather than women who spend most of their days at home. They may be more accustomed to the increased visibility and messiness associated with their hovering pee styles, and take it in stride.

do those groups that pee in hovering position habitually include policewomen?

I have read a lot of webpages and saw a lot of movie scenes about women in different cultures, ages,personality, marriage and relationship status, with their same sex friends, with heterosexual male partners,peeing in different postures and styles,in various of public places, including shopping malls, movie theaters,schools and women prison (Puyallup jail which I mentioned in my another post), but none of them mention policewomen. I am curious how policewomen pee in public bathroom and do they pee significant differently from other women.

Edited by kitty and mimi
17 hours ago, kitty and mimi said:

do those groups that pee in hovering position habitually include policewomen?

I have read a lot of webpages and saw a lot of movie scenes about women in different cultures, ages,personality, marriage and relationship status, with their same sex friends, with heterosexual male partners,peeing in different postures and styles,in various of public places, including shopping malls, movie theaters,schools and female prison (Puyallup jail which I mentioned in my another post), but none of them mention policewomen. I am curious how policewomen pee in public bathroom and do they pee significant differently from other women.

Good question. I have no ideas or observations. The variety of your observations is quite impressive! The closest I came, was when I dated a policeman's wife, very briefly, and saw her peeing on a Western toilet, once. She sat all the way down, with her thighs a couple of inches apart, panties slightly above her knees, a very common style, in the West. If I may express some guesses about policewomen, I would think that they may occasionally find themselves in awkward situations, where they are outdoors, or in stationary vehicles, and/or in the company of male officers, and need to find imaginative ways to pee, squatting, standing, or sitting, with or without toilets or urinals. Their uniform clothing, pants, skirts, etc., may have a major influence, of course. I wish that some of the cop shows, on TV, would embrace these potential situations!

Returning to the premise of this thread, concerning urethra and pee angles, I would like to clarify one of my remarks, from my post of yesterday, in which I implied that hovering pee styles were necessarily less neat, or more messy, than seated styles. This depends critically on pee angles. It may be true if the pee angle is downward, or slightly forward, but it may not be true, at all, for women whose pee stream or spray is directed strongly forward, as it is, in many Asian women. If they squat or hover, their pee can be very neat, with practice, even over Western toilets.

On the other hand, if they sit all the way down, on Western toilets, without bending strongly forward, their stream or spray may wet their thighs, panties, and the front of the toilet seat, making an impressive, (and delightful) mess, in my view. This may be one reason why peeing forward is discouraged, in Western girls, some of whom pee in this direction, naturally, as they grow up. The ones who may have the most trouble, in this regard, are those who pee with their legs together, for reasons of modesty, or perceived neatness, unless their streams are directed straight downward. So the Western women's pee culture may be based on downward directed streams, for reasons of neatness and modesty, while Asian women's pee culture, based on squat toilets, encourages forward-directed streams, for reasons of neatness and cleanliness.  From your comments on the attitudes of Chinese men, they may be aware of, and tuned into this vibe.

As a straight, Western man, with a lifelong interest in women's peeing styles, I have one fundamental question on the motivations of women, when they choose their personal peeing styles: Is cleanliness or neatness their strongest motivating factor, or is it privacy or modesty, hiding the action from others, of either gender? Or is it another factor, like latent exhibitionism, in some bolder individuals?  Some answers from the ladies would be appreciated! Dr.P.

Just now, Dr.P said:

Good question. I have no ideas or observations. ........If I may express some guesses about policewomen, I would think that they may occasionally find themselves in awkward situations, where they are outdoors, or in stationary vehicles, and/or in the company of male officers, and need to find imaginative ways to pee, squatting, standing, or sitting, with or without toilets or urinals. Their uniform clothing, pants, skirts, etc., may have a major influence, of course. I wish that some of the cop shows, on TV, would embrace these potential situations!

I found a picture of a Japanese policewoman peeing in a Japanese website:

https://duga.jp/ppv/piss-1215/

Edited by kitty and mimi
On 1/31/2023 at 7:02 PM, Dr.P said:

I think that Western men's views may be different. When using presumably clean Western toilets at home, women can sit down, be comfortable, neat, clean, very modest, and private, when seen by other women, or even by men. When using public facilities, some of these women may hover, to avoid contact with perceived filth, but sacrifice some privacy and neatness, if they tend to spray, when hovering.They may be more accustomed to the increased visibility and messiness associated with their hovering pee styles, and take it in stride. So Western men may perceive them as more comfortable with nudity and messiness, or more slutty.

do western men consider long trough squat toilets in Chinese ladies rooms to be toilets for sluts? although the women who squat to pee inside the bathroom are not visible to men in gender segregation environment, the women are highly visible to each other inside the bathroom since they have no door, and only have partitions that are several feet tall. how would western men think if their wife or daughters go to squat to pee in Chinese bathroom with long through open squat toilets when the couples or family travel to China? do they think women who choose long through squat toilets are more slutty than women who choose western toilet stalls?

Edited by kitty and mimi

my wife is quite cuddly and as a result her slit is more underneath so that when she pees from a standing position or crouches in a public toilet the stream goes straight down Some women who are slimmer have less pronounced mounds as a result the slits are more forward facing and I think it's that which contributes to a forward rather than a downward  jet, that was certainly true of a friend of ours who could stand up and pee like a man.

• Like 1

do western men consider long trough squat toilets in Chinese ladies rooms to be toilets for sluts? although the women who squat to pee inside the bathroom are not visible to men in gender segregation environment, the women are highly visible to each other inside the bathroom since they have no door, and only have partitions that are several feet tall. how would western men think if their wife or daughters go to squat to pee in Chinese bathroom with long through open squat toilets when the couples or family travel to China? do they think women who choose long through squat toilets are more slutty than women who choose western toilet stalls?

As a Western man, I certain't wouldn't make that association. I'd imagine they are less shy/more comfortable with themselves if I knew they were willing to pee in view of other women, but certainly wouldn't associate it with being slutty. It's not like there are men walking around in there that these women are putting on a show for.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

As a Western man as well, I would agree with Carb0nBased's comment on this.  I would consider it a positive characteristic for a woman, even a close family member, to be willing to use an open squat or trough toilet in China.  I would think of them as open-minded, adaptable and self-confident if they did not hesitate to use the open toilets in full view of the other women and did not seem to be at all bothered by it. Those are the kind of women I would like to be around, as opposed to uptight, excessively private women.  I would definitely not think of the open-minded women as sluts.  It's the same way that I think of men who are open and self-confident enough to pee in trough urinals with other men, or in public, without feeling embarrassment.  I believe I feel this way because when I was growing up, and as a young adult, I was extremely private about bathroom usage and I know how difficult it was to live like that, always spending time thinking about how to find a private toilet, and how it negatively affected my social relationships.  So based on my life experience I now consider it a positive thing to be able to pee openly without embarrassment and I try to be that way as much as possible, and I value the same attitude in others.

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, kitty and mimi said:

Please just stop.

You are asking anyone who answers to consider breaking site rules including 3, 4 & 15.

This line of thinking is NOT acceptable on Peefans.   We are here to celebrate and enjoy all things Pee related - not to discriminate and to insult races or genders.

On 1/31/2023 at 4:51 PM, kitty and mimi said:

I found a funny story on Chinese internet that there was a Chinese man went on a blind date with a woman. when they talk to each other for the first time, they could get along,but the man didn’t expect the woman to say that it was inconvenient for her to pee while squatting.  the man drove the woman away as soon as she said that it was inconvenient for her to squat to pee. it mean that Chinese men prefer women who squat to pee over those who sit. I am not sure if this story is real or not. there are many video skits on the internet that reenact different versions of this story.

https://www.360kuai.com/pc/93b6870326b539abf?sign=360_c9d79732&tag_kuaizixun=自制

https://tv.sohu.com/v/dXMvMTczNjg3OTc5Lzg4MzEwMDQ0LnNodG1s.html

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1s441167rX/?vd_source=626323ad32e644d8224020804e335069

https://www.sohu.com/a/337798929_120282583

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV164411r7MG/?vd_source=626323ad32e644d8224020804e335069

https://ishare.ifeng.com/c/s/7pYZaXH1U8w

another webpage below is a thread in a Taiwanese forum written by a Taiwanese woman.her boyfriend wanted to break up with her just because she could not hover to pee.

I feel it is very interesting if Chinese men do pay attention to the peeing posture that their wife use in public bathroom because they will probably  never been able to see it personally in a gender segregation bathroom environment. it will be even more interesting if those Chinese women really pee in a position that their husband expect them to do, since they never need to worry about being seen by their husband inside ladies room.

@kitty and mimi Thank you for sharing this fascinating Chinese cultural phenomenon.  It's interesting that the bias to women squatting is so prevalent that multiple skits would be made about it. I wonder how aware young Chinese men are of women's pee habits? It's unclear to me if female pee in public frequently enough in China that their pee styles would be observable and known.  Public peeing seems to be the norm in youth but I'm unclear if there is public peeing when people go out partying or have events like you would see in Spain or other parts of the EU. 

7 hours ago, Havelock said:

Thank you for sharing this fascinating Chinese cultural phenomenon.  It's interesting that the bias to women squatting is so prevalent that multiple skits would be made about it. I wonder how aware young Chinese men are of women's pee habits?

yes, that is very interesting. I wonder if this is just a joke or Chinese men really looking for mates based on women's peeing postures. Do Chinese men pay enough attention to female urination position which become a criteria for them to find mates or just an exaggeration? if that is real, what is the real purpose of that? it is hard to make sense for men to pay much attention to the peeing position of their spouses in public bathroom if they never have chance to see it personally in a gender segregation bathroom environment.

19 hours ago, kitty and mimi said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT! in answer to all of your questions! The squat toilets, and bathrooms containing them, in Asia, are part of the Asian environment, so women have NO CHOICE, but to use them, or pee outside, or wet themselves, or try to hold it, until they find another choice. My Chinese wife, who has been fully accustomed to Western toilets, for more than 50 years,  was in this situation, when we visited Thailand, many years ago, and she told me about it. So I can empathize and sympathize with women who have not encountered this situation previous to their trips to Asia.  There is no way any human, male or female, can sit down, looking prim and proper, on a squat toilet!

On the other hand, some men, both Asian and Western, may find the sight of women peeing in squat toilets to be much sexier than seeing them sitting down, with all of the interesting action hidden. So there is a basis for the Chinese men's preferences for women to use squat toilets, which you mentioned in your post, especially if they are turned on by watching women peeing. 

In strong contrast, Western toilets are designed for sitting, so hovering or squatting over them is purely a choice of the user, whether she (or he) is driven by perceived cleanliness, neatness, or convenience, exhibitionism (intentional slutty behavior), or other motivations, like revenge against the provider of the public bathroom, for example.  So, to answer your question about the attitudes of Western men, toward these situations, most of them would probably sympathize strongly with their wives, sisters, mothers, and daughters, who are faced with these difficult choices, just to empty their bladders, and would not think of them as slutty, at all. And similarly, they would not think of Asian women, who choose to use squat toilets, of any design, as more slutty than those who choose Western style facilities, if they are available. All of these choices are based on the style of facilities which are readily available, locally.

But on the other hand, men of any ethnicity, who are turned on by watching women pee, would naturally prefer to watch them use squat toilets, or hover over Western toilets, because a lot more detail is visible, in those situations. I am one of those men, who has those interests. Since I was born and raised in the West, I became aware of women hovering over Western toilets at a much earlier age than I became aware of Asian squat toilets, where that was the only choice. I find both styles of peeing, hovering and squatting, very erotic to watch. Thanks for starting and continuing this thread.    

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, kitty and mimi said:

yes, that is very interesting. I wonder if this is just a joke or Chinese men really looking for mates based on women's peeing postures. Do Chinese men pay enough attention to female urination position which become a criteria for them to find mates or just an exaggeration? if that is real, what is the real purpose of that? it is hard to make sense for men to pay much attention to the peeing position of their spouses in public bathroom if they never have chance to see it personally in a gender segregation bathroom environment.

I can understand that Chinese (or Western) men may seek mates with open, interesting, or sexy peeing postures, like squatting or hovering, which they love to watch. The real purpose is to have access to a woman who pees in one or more sexy ways, which turn the man on. He doesn't have to have a chance to actually see her do it in a public, gender segregated bathroom. He can ask her to describe her public peeing styles, and show him how she does it, either at home, or in facilities which they may find available, by chance, such as hotel rooms, etc.  Some women are surprisingly cooperative, in this regard, when they see how much it turns him on.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Havelock said:

I wonder how aware young Chinese men are of women's pee habits? It's unclear to me if female pee in public frequently enough in China that their pee styles would be observable and known.  Public peeing seems to be the norm in youth but I'm unclear if there is public peeing when people go out partying or have events like you would see in Spain or other parts of the EU. 

In suburban or rural areas in China, people don't have toilet inside their houses. if they go to public toilet, they might need to walk miles away. most people just choose to pee in shower room or kitchen drain for their convenience. Many kitchens do not even have door. therefore, when one family member is peeing, other family members may be free to go inside the kitchen. it is common for family members of opposite sex seeing each other peeing in those areas. but in big cities, every new apartment have toilet inside, therefore, such thing will not happen. it is common for little girls to pee outside in public places such as playground, park or in street. bathrooms in kindergarten are non gender segregated. they are mixed gender with open toilets with no door. after they get into elementary school, they begin to go to gender segregated bathroom. toilets in elementary schools are long trough open toilet and gender segregated. students can only see people of same sex peeing inside the bathroom of elementary schools. at that stage, when girls and boy use separate bathroom, they will not see the urination position of opposite sex. they will begin develop their gender identity. girls will no longer see anyone stand to pee inside the bathroom. they see everyone squat. this environment allow girls to imitate each other and reinforce the sense of gender identity which prepare themselves for womanhood in future. some girls may still pee outside in public during elementary school years, but after the girls get into middle school, they will no longer pee in front of people of opposite sex.the peeing environment that female middle school students choose are more like the choice of adult women than little girls. they will at least pee in ladies room that have open squat toilet which can only be seen by the people of same sex,and will not be seen by men. mixed gender urination is common among children, but it is almost unheard among high school students or adults. I don't think there are any party or event that people who are unrelated to each other  can pee together or see each other pee like Europe. Chinese people are not open about mixed gender urination as people in Europe. when adults who are unrelated to each other who peeing with each other in any large events, it is almost always strictly gender segregated. I once heard my aunt talking about her pee story when she travel to Jiuzhai Valley by bus when she was in China. during the pee break, the bus was stop in rural area where they can't find bathroom. the guide asked men to go left side of the bus and women go to the right side. women and girls separated from their boyfriend , husband, father, son or other male family members, and join those female strangers of different ages(from little girls to female senior citizen) different sizes and different races squat side by side and pee together at the same time.  my aunt felt shocking and embarrassing at first, but she had no other choice but squat down and join those women to pee together.they had hold their pee for half day. the strong stream come out like waterfall come out from the top of mountain. while peeing, they can talk to each other and complain about their husband or other male family members without fear of being heard by the men, which the women can relax bodily and mentally at the same time. although they were separated from their  husbands or male family members, they form a new female community which women from all ages and all races are equally welcome to join.

Edited by kitty and mimi
  • Like 2

Staff Notice:

The original topic of this thread was about Urethra Angle and the effect it has upon pee angle.

For some time now the thread has been derailed into a discussion on cultural attitudes in certain parts of the world and the same repetitive discussions, 'theories' have been quoted. This is at best tiresome, and is not the topic for discussion here.

Yesterday it became evident that some of that discussion was being used to express hate speech in very general terms towards women - which is completely unacceptable.

Clearly my post yesterday was ignored.   The staff decision is that this thread is now closed.