Enough with the fucking heat wave!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, likesToLick said:

Australia calling.  Can we please have our weather back?  

It's been cold and raining here for weeks.  🙂

Speaking for this part of the UK, we've now given it back.  Or at least we've given it on to someone else.

It's back to normal grey rainy summer here again now.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jason Basin said:

I'll swap our British heat wave for cold and raining any day.  A thunder storm - Oh anything for a thunder storm.....

We're sort of geared up for hot and dry here,  because it happens every summer,  but we are considering abandoning a couple of towns permanently because of recent flooding.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, Jason Basin said:

I'll swap our British heat wave for cold and raining any day.  A thunder storm - Oh anything for a thunder storm.....

Well it is now the last day of August so the worst of the heat is behind us.....in the Northern hemisphere anyway.

25 minutes ago, Jason Basin said:

Yes apparently it's the meteorological End of Summer!  The seasons are so messed up though... .   . 

Indeed, we have all kind of gotten used to summer weather lasting well into September. But in latitudes as far north as the UK, by September, the intense heat waves of July or early August well into the 30s C are unlikely. Low to mid 20s C is about the hottest we might get. By the second half of the month the hottest it might get is no more than high teens or low 20s. Though I do remember a few years back spending October 1st on the beach as temperatures locally reached 20 C, the hottest October day on record locally

• Hot 1
2 hours ago, steve25805 said:

Well it is now the last day of August so the worst of the heat is behind us.....in the Northern hemisphere anyway.

Yay!  First day of spring for me tomorrow.  My nectarine trees are already covered in blossom. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1