I often find myself conflicted when another member shares an opinion, or observation that I find interesting or fascinating. I don't agree with it, or like it, or even dislike it. It's not hot to me. But "thanks" fails to convey my reaction. Therefore, I am so moved as to request an "Interesting" or "Fascinating" Emoji. Perhaps even "Word Up." But I don't want push it. Push it real good.

Edited by Takashi96
Spacing. Punctuation.
  • Agree 3
  • 3 weeks later...

We need an emoji for relatable/I feel you. A lot of times I don't like a post or a comment. Nor do I find it hot, nor am I particularly thankful for it. Yet I do feel where the user is coming from. Like I'm not into wetting. Like at all. But sometimes when a user describes how a good wetting made them feel...I just gotta be like. Yeah, homie. I feel you.  

On 8/23/2022 at 5:55 AM, Takashi96 said:

We need an emoji for relatable/I feel you. A lot of times I don't like a post or a comment. Nor do I find it hot, nor am I particularly thankful for it. Yet I do feel where the user is coming from. Like I'm not into wetting. Like at all. But sometimes when a user describes how a good wetting made them feel...I just gotta be like. Yeah, homie. I feel you.  

Wouldn't that be "agree" ?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Admin said:

Wouldn't that be "agree" ?

Agree, from my perspective, implies being aligned with an opinion, statement, feeling, etc. This isn't about agreeing with the post or comment, it's about understanding it. Meaning I've been made to feel an emotional connection to the users experience through their description.  

I tend to think of it that there’s a hierarchy of reactions - so a thumbs up is a general ‘thanks for your post, I acknowledge that you’ve taken the trouble. 
Then a Love is a stronger ‘really like / love what you’ve posted’ and then agree is when it aligns with your own preferences. 
Care / hug is fairly self evident. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I tend to think of it that there’s a hierarchy of reactions - so a thumbs up is a general ‘thanks for your post, I acknowledge that you’ve taken the trouble. 
Then a Love is a stronger ‘really like / love what you’ve posted’ and then agree is when it aligns with your own preferences. 
Care / hug is fairly self evident. 

And just like that you have demonstrated by conundrum. Because I disagree with your explanation, but I connect with your sentiment. Agree feels misleading, when I don't align with the users preference (for example wetting) but do relate to the tone of their emotional response. I guess this is just a "me thing?"

Edited by Takashi96
Clarity