Pee and cultural differences

Hi and welcome! Always interesting to know how it is viewed worldwide!

In Japan when peeing outside, do you have to really properly hide away in a corner or is just turning your back enough?

Is it against the law to pee outside in Japan?

Are public toilets readily available in all shops etc, or do you have to go search for public toilets?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, creativity123 said:

Hi and welcome! Always interesting to know how it is viewed worldwide!

In Japan when peeing outside, do you have to really properly hide away in a corner or is just turning your back enough?

Is it against the law to pee outside in Japan?

Are public toilets readily available in all shops etc, or do you have to go search for public toilets?

Hi, thank you!

Often boys will hide in corner but men either turn or just pee openly as they are less shy. Its very common at night to see men peeing by the street openly after they have had drinks.

Yes, but fines are never given as people do not care. Even police men pee in public sometimes so people just ignore it when it happens.

I dont know compared to other countries but in a city like Tokyo there are many public toilets but they are not very nice. This may be why many men pee outside here, or maybe because it was always ok.

• Thanks 1

Is peeing on the floor of public bathrooms, on the floor of stores, fitting rooms, movie theaters, hotel floors and other naughty places common and or allowed? Is peeing in any of these naughty places common for men and or women to do?

@Karuhowashere this is a very interesting topic. I actually commented on cultural differences in peeing (US vs. EU) I have experience here: 

Can you start from the beginning and explain your experiences in Japan?

When I have time I will write some experiences an old girlfriend told me who was born in China but mostly grew up in Japan.