Summer Camp Leader Job Pt.1

• 1 year later...

While your story may be a work of fiction, it doesn't stray far from a few of my true experiences.

I've led several dozen mixed-gender dayhikes. My charges were all adults, post-college age to active seniors, and usually there were more women than men. 

Now, I considered a very good leader. Before we set off, I gave them a description of the trail ahead, along with basic safety instruction. I also stressed to them the importance of good hydration, but also told them we'd be taking rest stops at least every couple hours.

Usually, that was frequent enough for most hikers. And, then there were some who seemed to be able to hold all day. But, occasionally there were a few who took my warning of dehydration maybe a bit too seriously. In particular I recall one late-twenties woman who seemed to be popping a squat every thirty minutes and towards the end of the day never even bothered stepping off the trail.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Hot 1
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Jar351 said:

A great story I'd love to hear another version of it 

Thanks. As probably some of you have noticed, I never did write a second part of this story (although I have written several new stories since). I had some ideas at the time I was writing this story and there was definitely a plan for a follow-up, but for one reason or another I never actually did the writing.

It may happen one day still. I can tell you Katherine definitely wasn't the only camp leader who had to take an emergency piss that summer.

• Like 2