Pee stream physics

This is something that fascinates me about men peeing. Someone pointed it out to me and I can't quite look at any of the pictures/videos here without seeing it lol. It's so pretty to me! 

One of my favorite videos shows the dude has a long twist at the beginning of his stream and then nothing after, and in others he has several more twists! I fucking love it and I don't know why lol

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I like physics too--and of course pee as well. I just looked at mine--when it's going full speed it only has one 90 degree rotation that's "clean and crisp", by the second one it's already starting to break up into droplets. It also does seem to have a bit of an actual helical twist to it. As the flow rate slows down by the end, at least two if not three 90 degree switches become visible for a short while as each segment gets shorter.

• Like 2

I looked some at female pee streams in photos. It seems that there is a lot more variability in women (like there is in all aspects of peeing!), depending on how the labia direct the stream. When they form a neat "slit", the phenomenon that makes the "chain" shape can be even much more pronounced than for men because the length and width are even more different. There are cases where a "blade" of pee very obviously rotates 90 degrees shortly after exiting, such that it fans out sideways toward the legs rather than back to front. However, in women it's more likely that the stream breaks into a messy stream of drops as it exits, in which case no "chain" shape is visible. And when the stream directly exits from the urethra without hitting anything, it's too round to make much of a chain.

• Like 2