A theology of peeing?

To be clear, I don't really believe in any gods, but that doesn't mean I can't wonder about why a god would design a universe in which we need to pee, or why we pee through the same area we reproduce and have sex with. Now this post may come across as rambley, but I just wanna get my thoughts out.

I think a lot of it may have to do with the idea of giving. That a deity would design our genitals as the giving part. Giving pee back to the plants we ate, and returning the stuff to nature; and giving pleasure to each other and babies to the world.

Now many criticise the fact that our wastes are dirty, and say why would our reproductive track be near that? Well maybe it wasn't originally intended to be dirty, and it was Satan who corrupted the design- is a thing I'm sure some would say, or maybe it's all a punishment for original sin. I mean that would certainly fit in line with what some say about periods or childbirth.

But here's the main picture I want to paint. maybe when God made us in the garden of Eden, or wherever, he/she/they intended that we would pee a clean substance that would feed the plants, and that we would be able to do it anywhere and so wouldn't have to hold, which is bad and painful.

As I say, these are just random thoughts. I wanna know what you guys think, if anything. Do any of you have any theological stances about pee?

As a kid growing up in evangelical Christian brainwashing clans, sorry I mean churches… the answer was very simple. 

In the first place God made Adam in his own image and then made Eve. Both were flawless but were given free will. 

All was well and good until Satan tempted Eve and then she tempted Adam to disobey God’s rule by eating the fruit from the one tree he’d forbidden.

At that instant was where it all went skewed - everything from shame at their nakedness to pain during childbirth, pain in general, the garden being overtaken by weeds, animals fighting each other…. All the ills of the world we know. 

It’s reasonable to think that up to that point our metabolisms would be able to extract exactly what we need without the need for smelly, dirty waste products.

(If you follow the misogyny of the various translations of the Bible then Eve disobeying first and leading Adam astray is why she and her daughters get the period pains, menopause, and all the rest too). 

31 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

It’s reasonable to think that up to that point our metabolisms would be able to extract exactly what we need without the need for smelly, dirty waste products.

This is an interesting thought. The belief is that Adam and Eve were "perfect" before The Fall, and therefore free of pain and suffering of any kind, but also, it would seem, free of urges, which would include the need to urinate or defecate. It is also notable that Adam and Eve did not procreate until after The Fall, which leaves be wondering if God would have simply created more of them. Did they even have genitals before The Fall? It says they were ashamed of their nakedness, but it doesn't say specifically why. Also, in light of what we know about myth and story, "naked" does not always mean what we think it means.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, MonsterKane46 said:

not really because I don't believe in God or Satan or Heaven or Hell.  I'm a believer in evolution. I think we simply evolved over a long period of time.

Same, but it can still be fun to do theology.