highly scientific pees

Thanks for sharing!  It is nice that you had such scientific measuring devices to use for your "experiment".

Even inexpensive plastic measuring jugs are fairly accurate.  I believe that most people who haven't ever measured how much pee they can hold, would be enlightened to do so, just as you did.  Hope more people who haven't tried before post here.

1 hour ago, DoctorDoctor said:

Thanks for sharing!  It is nice that you had such scientific measuring devices to use for your "experiment".

Even inexpensive plastic measuring jugs are fairly accurate.  I believe that most people who haven't ever measured how much pee they can hold, would be enlightened to do so, just as you did.  Hope more people who haven't tried before post here.

And if you chose a measure that was smaller than your capacity, you could literally say you couldn't contain yourself! 🤣

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, DoctorDoctor said:

Even inexpensive plastic measuring jugs are fairly accurate.

For even greater accuracy, just weigh the beaker, reset the scales to zero, then pee in it, thereby measuring just the weight of the pee.

The metric system is conveniently set up so that 1ml of water weighs 1g, so assuming pee and water have pretty much the same density, the weight is directly transferable to volume!

Never let it be said this forum isn't full of useful tips.

Edited by MrTickle
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, MrTickle said:

For even greater accuracy, just weigh the beaker, reset the scales to zero, then pee in it, thereby measuring just the weight of the pee.

The metric system is conveniently set up so that 1ml of water weighs 1g, so assuming pee and water have pretty much the same density, the weight is directly transferable to volume!

Never let it be said this forum isn't full of useful tips.

I have ammonia, salinity, pH, as well as other water quality tests on hand, so I should really just do a whole panel.

If I felt like doing a bunch of work for no reason, I could even measure my hormones!

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, toseepee said:

I have ammonia, salinity, pH, as well as other water quality tests on hand, so I should really just do a whole panel.

If I felt like doing a bunch of work for no reason, I could even measure my hormones!

What kind of place do you work to have access to all of that?  I am impressed with even pee volume measurements.  Can you do pee flow rate?  Or do you think you were maxxed out or could you hold even more (such as when you wake up or after a true hold)?

11 minutes ago, DoctorDoctor said:

What kind of place do you work to have access to all of that?  I am impressed with even pee volume measurements.  Can you do pee flow rate?  Or do you think you were maxxed out or could you hold even more (such as when you wake up or after a true hold)?

A kind of place that needs to messure water quality 😉

I do not think we have flow rate measurement equipment, but I could be wrong. I could just time myself and measure the volume though.

I could definitely hold more, but I was pretty desperate!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DoctorDoctor said:

Maybe a stopwatch and a beaker would be good enough.

Fill all the way up and measure..  It isn't exciting unless you are about to wet yourself. LOL (Just kidding).

Does the risk of doing it at work excite you more?

Alright next time I'll bring a lab notebook. Remember, the difference between science and just dicking around is writing it down!

I feel there is very little risk, where I'm doing it. I wouldn't do it if it were risky lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, toseepee said:

Ok not in a beaker, just in a glass next to my bed. I was way too cozy to get up to pee, but I still have to dump it before my SO comes home, so not really that much more convenient.  : (

20220617_175440.jpg

Nice full bladder's worth of pee.  Thanks for posting.

7 hours ago, toseepee said:

Alright next time I'll bring a lab notebook. Remember, the difference between science and just dicking around is …

Publishing it! It’s even been pee-er reviewed (sorry)

• Haha 3