Which is more acceptable?

On 6/4/2022 at 5:30 PM, Alfresco said:

So, today I was at a park and the male toilets were closed but the female toilets were open.  Which so people think the general public would think a man should do In that situation if they needed to pee?  Note that I am not asking what you would do yourself (although feel free to answer that as well) but what do you think the general public would think?

a) go into the ladies toilet as the toilet is the proper place to go - even though it would mean invading ladies space?

b) pee in the entrance of the gents where you would be covered from three sides by the wall at the entrance, but would leave pee on the concrete floor/wall/door?

c) go and find a secluded bush?

d) none of the above - best hold on and make your way home, curtailing your trip to the park.

I am thinking that ladies might have a shock if they caught a guy in the ladies toilets,  but you could easily defend yourself with a “Sorry, the gents is closed and I was desperate, hope you don’t mind.”

If you get caught peeing in the entrance of the gents, then you might get some people who find it odd behaviour when there is a perfectly good open toilet next door, but again you could easily defend it with a statement that the toilets were locked and you didn’t feel it appropriate to go in the ladies  

If you pee discretely in the bushes, nobody should see you, but they would probably guess why you disappeared into the bushes for a couple of minutes.

For me, I only stopped at the park because I saw the grills were across the mens entrance and saw it as an opportunity to legitimately pee in public.  It was only when I walked up to the toilets that I saw the ladies was open.

I peed outside the gents in the doorway, but I saw that there were already two puddles there, so I wasn’t the first to think that was the accepted option.

As I turned to head back to the car, I realised that there was a lady sat in a parked car right near the toilet and she must have seen what I was doing. Probably not in detail, but she would have seen me walk into the alcove and stand facing the wall for a minute and then come out again   It wouldn’t take much deduction to know I was peeing.

The worst possible option for me would be to go in the ladies. The ladies' toilets are generally regarded by  many women as a female only space and many would feel uncomfortable or even threatened by a man suddenly walking in. The better option would be to find somewhere secluded to pee.

I mean the guys here should try to think of this from a female perspective. Most of them are well aware of the possible threat from predatory men. Rapes and sexual assaults are all over the news, even including the murder of victims. Violence and sexual assaults towards women and girls have become a major issue in the UK certainly. And men do not generally go into the ladies's toilets to pee or poop. So if a lady is just coming out of a cubicle and a man walks in, her first thought is not going to be that he has come in to have an innocent pee. Her first thought would be one of extreme danger. It would scare the life out of her.

For this reason alone it would be utterly unethical for a man to attempt to use the ladies. Peeing anywhere else even if you cannot find a totally secluded spot is a lesser evil than that.

• Like 1