Cuddling and other ways of platonic physical affection.

Man, like on some nights I wish I had someone to snuggle with. Like I wouldn’t mind to have someone around my age to cuddle up against me right now.

Like I don’t mind if the person I’m cuddling with is a guy or girl or any other gender, all it really matters is that we’re both getting physical affection. 

Does anyone feel like this as well sometimes? 

• Love 1

I can tolerate cuddles for only so long because I tend to overheat easily and don't like the feeling of someone else's sweaty body on mine. But, I agree. Sometimes cuddles are just in the cards and it's nice to be held or hold someone you care about. There is a long list of people on here I would do anything to hold platonically lol.

• Agree 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kupar said:

I agree that cuddles are massively important. When K and I went through a rock patch, it was the simplest signs of physical affection - like cuddles - that I missed the most. And the cuddle last thing before sleep, or even better,, on waking up in the morning are extra special. But I'll take them any time 🙂

Man I can imagine waking up to someone in my arms on a cold winter morning. I imagine it feels good. 

• Hug 2
1 hour ago, Bacardi said:

Me: falling asleep, allowing my arm to fall gently down your body.

@pguy2981: okay, you've convinced me. Let's fuck. 

How can I say no, too 😏

Laying your arm on me!? Well next time just take off your clothes and ride me why don't ya!

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, pguy2981 said:

Laying your arm on me!? Well next time just take off your clothes and ride me why don't ya!

Why do I imagine you are also the awkward yawn/arm around the shoulder guy too? 🤣🤣

18 hours ago, Sophie said:

I love cuddling, love love love it. Me and my husband often have sex, will pee for each other and who knows what else but one of my favourite things is snuggling up on the sofa, cuddling into each other and just enjoying each others company. I feel safe, warm and comfortable. 

Sophie,

I loved reading those words, it's so true and I am with you every step of the way. Even in later years if you have been faithful and loyal to each other those joys still remain, probably even stronger.... so stay with him for ever! 

• Love 1
On 5/30/2022 at 11:26 AM, Sophie said:

I love cuddling, love love love it. Me and my husband often have sex, will pee for each other and who knows what else but one of my favourite things is snuggling up on the sofa, cuddling into each other and just enjoying each others company. I feel safe, warm and comfortable. 

Do you and your husband have a favorite cuddling position? 

Just now, bungholio69 said:

Do you and your husband have a favorite cuddling position? 

It depends on where we are and what we are doing. On the sofa watching a movie or something? Like this -

D145_295_740_1200.thumb.jpg.f0506e912ab79b51930e52d03ec10933.jpg

We do something similar in bed. If we are sleeping we usually cuddle in spoons, with me being the little spoon and his arm around me. But if we are awake, watching something in bed or just talking it is more like this

67123167.jpg

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sophie said:

It depends on where we are and what we are doing. On the sofa watching a movie or something? Like this -

D145_295_740_1200.thumb.jpg.f0506e912ab79b51930e52d03ec10933.jpg

We do something similar in bed. If we are sleeping we usually cuddle in spoons, with me being the little spoon and his arm around me. But if we are awake, watching something in bed or just talking it is more like this

67123167.jpg

That sounds lovely, I can imagine how good it feels. 

On 5/30/2022 at 12:48 PM, oliver2 said:

Yeah, definitely. If you’re horny you can get yourself off, but someone friendly to snuggle up to in bed’s harder to substitute for.

These days I don't really miss hugs and cuddles, and tend to get them from time to time anyway in a wholly platonic sense from female friends.

But when younger, during the gaps between relationships I often missed such things. As you say, it wasn't the sex I missed. You can always get yourself off. It was the physical intimacy of a good cuddle. Sometimes I would hug the pillow when drifting to sleep.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, steve25805 said:

Sometimes I would hug the pillow when drifting to sleep.

I definitely cuddle with a pillow like almost every night and also on some nights during the colder seasons I would stuff a heating pad into my pillow so that whenever I’m cuddling with it, it would stimulate human body warmth. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, bungholio69 said:

Besides cuddling. How do you guys feel about lap sitting and hand holding in a platonic sense? 

I love holding hands and having someone sit on my lap. But in both cases I would probably expect it to be my wife doing those things. It's quite possible that I'd have someone else sitting on my lap platonically at a party, but curiously, not holding hands with an adult not my wife (unless it was a child or an older family member).

One thing that's definitely OK platonically for me is a big hug. I'm quite a huggy person. And I have kissed platonically too - sometimes even been take by surprise when female friends have kissed me on the lips. I am assuming all is platonic ... it certainly has been from my perspective.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, bungholio69 said:

Besides cuddling. How do you guys feel about lap sitting and hand holding in a platonic sense? 

This is a whole different game for me. I cant usually sit on someone's lap and it be platonic lol. To me it's too much of a turn on. I start grinding, they let their hands roam. Then we're fucking in a flash.

• Like 1
  • Cheeky 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, Kupar said:

I love holding hands and having someone sit on my lap. But in both cases I would probably expect it to be my wife doing those things. It's quite possible that I'd have someone else sitting on my lap platonically at a party, but curiously, not holding hands with an adult not my wife (unless it was a child or an older family member).

One thing that's definitely OK platonically for me is a big hug. I'm quite a huggy person. And I have kissed platonically too - sometimes even been take by surprise when female friends have kissed me on the lips. I am assuming all is platonic ... it certainly has been from my perspective.

I love giving hugs, especially big hugs and comforting hugs.